Old 01-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #46  
Keep going!!

S/C/G: 203/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindaena View Post
I just finished C25K W2D1 as well... It was a big step up from week 1 for me, but I am determined to make it through.
That's awesome! I'm so happy that other people on here are doing the C25K as well So far week 2 was OK for me, week 3 or 4 (can't remember which it is at the moment) looks a little daunting (running 5 minutes, yikes!), but I'm just going to try and push through it. I'm excited to be able to say I can run a 5k
Keep going girl! You can do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
Add to this I found out a month ago that my husband of nine years has been cheating on me while deployed overseas, and now wants a divorce.
I'm so, so sorry. That sounds devastatingly awful. My thoughts are with you and your kids while you guys try to sort everything out.

Last edited by chickadee dee dee; 01-11-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #47  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Cakses- I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll be thinking of you and the kiddos. Hang in there. Your team is here to support you and encourage you along this unexpected turn that your life has taken.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
I found out a month ago that my husband of nine years has been cheating on me while deployed overseas, and now wants a divorce. Huge shock to me, on both accounts. I am now facing becoming a true single Mom to three kiddos (I used to joke that I was a single Mom every other year thanks to the Army), having to enter the workforce for the first time in ten years, moving, and picking up all the emotional pieces that have been utterly shattered. Needless to say I need this challenge badly.
Oh Cat, I am so sorry! Take the time to do what you need to do for yourself and your kids. We'll be here for you.

I just wanted to tell everyone congrats on the great job so far! I love going through the Last chance Workout thread and seeing what everyone's been doing for exercise and checking on on the food journals to see what we are eating. GO RED TEAM! Seeing the other people's workouts definitely motivates me to do more. I am going to see if I can make it to the gym today. I know the roads are still slick but I am going to first call and see if they are open and offering child care today. If so, I am going to try to get there.

For all of you Wii users, I am about to join the party! My husband and I redeemed our rewards points on our credit card for a $150 Best Buy gift card. The Wii is on sale for $180 until Saturday! So when we get paid this Friday we are going to Best Buy and buying a Wii! So, what games on there do you use for weight loss? I am going to hit up Gamestop and see if I can find some of them used for less. I'd love to hear what y'all are using!

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 01-11-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Well, I called my gym. Although they are open they are not offering child care today until 4:00PM. So no gym until much later today! I'll see if I can get in some WATP again today while my 2 year old takes a nap. She's watching Special Agent Oso right now so I am able to get online for a bit!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #50  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

HI KITTY....welcome to your first challenge!! this is my first challenge too!! did i see it right, your ticker is 197.....your starting weight was 202...so did you slip into ONDERLAND without telling anyone???

WOOHOOO ONEDERLAND WOOHOOO

THAT IS AWESOME!!! you are going to have one rocking weigh in on sunday!!! keep it up!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #51  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes65 View Post
Rainbow aka zumba queen. YOU ROCK!!I have read about your zumba dancing and I look foward to hearing more about it... ZUMBA ON RAINBOW!!!!!
hey blue eyes!!! i slipped my way to the gym to get my ZUMBA on again yesterday!! i was so thankful the gym was open!! with all the ice...and schools closed!! i was determined and played like the mailman...not rain, nor sleet, nor hail, or ice, was gonna keep me from getting my ZUMBA ON!! what part of minn are you from?? i have been to that huge MALL OF AMERICA!! omg...what a place!! i have never seen red lights in a mall parking area before!! haha and shuttle service to get from where you park the car to the building! yikes!! now thats a BIG MALL!! i hope you are having a GREAT ROCKIN' RED TIME!! THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #52  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDaisey View Post
Oh Cat, I am so sorry! Take the time to do what you need to do for yourself and your kids. We'll be here for you.

I just wanted to tell everyone congrats on the great job so far! I love going through the Last chance Workout thread and seeing what everyone's been doing for exercise and checking on on the food journals to see what we are eating. GO RED TEAM! Seeing the other people's workouts definitely motivates me to do more. I am going to see if I can make it to the gym today. I know the roads are still slick but I am going to first call and see if they are open and offering child care today. If so, I am going to try to get there.

For all of you Wii users, I am about to join the party! My husband and I redeemed our rewards points on our credit card for a $150 Best Buy gift card. The Wii is on sale for $180 until Saturday! So when we get paid this Friday we are going to Best Buy and buying a Wii! So, what games on there do you use for weight loss? I am going to hit up Gamestop and see if I can find some of them used for less. I'd love to hear what y'all are using!
I've tried a bunch of Wii weight loss games, and BY FAR, I'd recommend EA Sports Active. I haven't tried EA Sports Active 2, but it's probably just as good--if not, better--than the original game.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #53  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronan View Post
. I live in Victoria, Canada. Go red!
hey neighbour!

glad to be part of this challenge. Been watching every season of biggest loser and thinking I should be losing along with them.

This is the year!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hello Losing Ladies-

This is my third challenge in a row though I have been on others in the past. I lost somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty pounds last year thanks in no small part to you all at 3fatchicks! I have two goals in mind for this challenge. Number one and most important is not to slip back into old habits and regain any more weight. (the holidays have been "difficult") Number two is to lose ten pounds but I can live with losing more or less than that number. Just depends on how things go. I have not been at this weight in a million years and I am very happy where I am, but I know at Thanksgiving I weighed five pounds less and really liked that. Way back when I got married I actually weighed twenty pounds less than I do now. That is pretty thin though and at my age everyone would probably think I had some dread disease!

Good luck all. It is going to be a great year!

cakeses-I think we were on a team together a few years back. I remember you losing a bunch of weight. I am so sorry to hear about your marriage. That stinks! I am glad you are here with us.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #55  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Cakeses - I'm sorry! Like a previous poster said, we're all here for you to encourage and cheer you on as your life takes this new path.

Courtney - I'd highly recommend EA Sports Active and The Biggest Loser Challenge. They are both excellent circuit training workouts with lots of variety. I've been doing the Biggest Loser Challenge more than EA Sports Active and have really been enjoying the different workouts. One day will be a generic full body workout, the next might be cardio boxing, then yoga. I usually burn 450-500 calories in a 45-60 minute workout with it. No matter what you choose, don't sell yourself short and pick an easy difficulty! I did the fitness test on the BL game and it recommended that I set my level at "challenging". I honestly never would have picked that for myself thinking I could never do it, but it's been a solid workout every time. Challenging enough to get my heart rate up and going and I really feel it (in the good way) afterwards and the next morning.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #56  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Hello fellow red team!

I'm super excited to be in this challenge, this is my first BL challenge and I really could use the motivation to give me a kick in the pants. I've been pretty good all week as far as getting my exercise in, but my food choices have not been the best. I know it's a lame excuse, but school starts back up next week and I will be much better about planning/packing meals in advance since I will be at work all day and class all night (yikes!).

I've been good about getting my exercise in. It's been too cold and icy for walks outside, but I really like my Wii - Walk it Out game -it's kinda cheesy, but I could play it for hours.

I'm looking forward to the challenge - and kicking Blue Team's butt! Go team!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #57  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hi Fellow Red Team Members,

I'm GettinFit aka Sheila. I live in the Atlanta area. I have struggled with my weight most of my life but I've never been as big as I was when I started my program a month ago. I am determined to get back down to a healthy weight and this 3FC site has been such an encouragement. This challenge will really help me to stay focused because I do not want to let the Red Team, nor myself down. I am looking forward to having great success during this challenge and I wish everyone on the Red team much success
Old 01-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #58  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Shannon - I forgot to say "Thanks" for organizing the RED Team
Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Challenging day at work today, so doing my best not to eat myself out of house & home, to comfort myself.
Hoping to get back on the xbox kinect tonight, though my quads are sore from last night's sculpting session. Squats are my friend!

It's so hard to break those old habits.

Peanut- where in AB are you? I'm in Cagary & I'm freezing, hope we get a Chnook soon.

I can't remember who talked about losing16 pounds, but that was the amount I lost last year as well! And I'll take it, 'cause a loss is better than a gain!

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Let's keep up the chatter! Have a teat night all!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Hi everyone! We can do this! This snow has gotten me discombobulated (?) and I am totally on board starting now! I promise to help the RED TEAM to victory!!