Old 09-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #46  

HI Red Team,
Happy Wednesday. It's been a good day today, I had most of a day alone, that's something that doesn't happen much anymore. I also got my sub teaching license in the mail today, that means I can work. I figure if I teach 10 days a month I'll be able to pay my bills and afford my health insurance, any above that is extra. I have 2 school districts who want me to sub so I should be ok, there are4 others close by if I need tham to get my time in.

Today's question:

What defines happiness in your life?
I would have to agree with those who say family. DH and I have been married 29 years and he is my best friend. I think we are turning into one of those couples who can finish each other's thoughts, he is my knight in shining armor who kills spiders and is always there for me. DS is almost 21 and in the Army, we miss him terribly but talk to him at least once a week. DS is 9 and the light of our life. She's our miracle, and we treasure her.

tambolina Congrats on your Bachelor's degree, I know what a lot of work it is to go back to school. I also have problems with the yoyothing, losing lots and then having it creap back on, just keep plugging.

Aclai4067 Congrats on the 4 lbs

shan84 I'll keep your dad in my prayers, I know it's scary when a parent is sick, I'm sure it's even worse when you can't get there.

I'm getting long winded here but Everyone have a great week!
Bette K
Old 09-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #47  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

I'm pretty stoked today, I went to my official weigh in and my Dr. moved me to phase 2 of my plan; that means...I GET TO EAT CARBS!!! Real ones! Only 2 per day (ie/ 2 slices of WW bread) but I also get some new veggies and fruit and dairy on my list -- I'm thrilled to pieces. I'm going to be very moderate with my change though, I really don't want to slow down my losses. I'm down 10 lbs so far for September, which was my goal, so I'm excited to go a bit beyond.

I think I will do my weigh in tomorrow morning; I have an off-site meeting tomorrow at which they will provide lunch, and then dinner at a restaurant. I don't want to risk having a gain or a stall after that, so I think I'll go with tomorrow's weigh in. That will also give me a few extra days before the next deadline to rid myself of any short term gains.

Finding balance in all the things I love, my son, my family, friends, my work, taking care of myself. I'm in a very good place right now actually, all my favourite things in life are working for me and I feel like I'm making excellent choices and decisions for me and for my family.

Narnia -- Thank you! We've been battling some sort of bug here too, it hit everyone for 2 days and then just left us all with a cold.

Ashley -- Losing 4 pounds overnight must feel awesome!

Serval -- 1100 calories in one session is amazing! You've got some stamina!

Shan -- I'm glad to hear that your Dad is home.

PDX -- Excellent self discovery, maybe you need to channel your excess energy in another direction -- exercise, sports, crossword puzzles, crafts?

Bette -- Congratulations on getting your teaching license!

Last edited by Angie; 09-22-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #48  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
PS -- Does anyone else get an urge to munch while watching this show? It's sick but true...off to find me a sugar free popsicle
OMG!!! I totally get the urge to snack when watching TBL! Too funny!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #49  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
GO RED TEAM!!

Today's question:

I would define happiness in your life as accepting yourself for who you truly are. I'm trying to learn to accept the shortcomings in myself as easily as I accept them in others. Basically, I'm my own worst critic.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #50  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

I'm afraid I'm going to forget someone in here, but here goes:

Ashely-I love when the scale moves down 4 lbs from water weight and not up! Always a nice surprise!

Serval-70 minutes is great! Keep up the good work!

Shan-Glad your dad is home, though I'm not nearly as far from my parents as you are, i know how it feels to not be able to be there when something happens to them.

PDX-My two suggests for dealing with anxiety would be exercise or art. Just a thought!

Bette-I'm working on getting my teaching license, the day it comes in the mail will definitely be a celebratory one for me!

My day started off late today, I woke up 10 minutes before my son had to be at school, so I had to shove his poky butt through the bare bones of our morning routine. Then I ran some errands, went to the library (actually got a book for myself even though I should be using free time to study!), got my oldest a haircut since picture day is tomorrow, made homemade mushroom soup, took my boys to the park, and then just played and read books until the boys went to bed. I'm nervous that my son is going to have a cheesy grin in his school pictures tomorrow (he's 3 1/2) and he loves to ham it up for the camera. I guess there's always retake day though!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:19 PM   #51  
Vegging out

Oh, and I got on the scale today with my younger son who weighs 30 lbs. I can now stand on the scale with him and weigh less than I did at the start of my journey. Can't wait til I can do that with my older son (he's 52 lbs!).
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 220.6/tick/135.0

Height: 5' 5"

Hello all!

Made it to ONEderland today! I weigh in officially on Saturdays, but weigh myself every morning. I am feeling really good!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:55 AM   #53  
Vegging out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalee9 View Post
Hello all!

Made it to ONEderland today! I weigh in officially on Saturdays, but weigh myself every morning. I am feeling really good!
Congrats!!! That's awesome!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #54  

Shan......I'm SO glad your dad is ok!

Lindalee....Onederland! way to go! I hope to be there by Christmas!

I hope all of you with the flu bug in your house get well soon!

I have done great at the fair this week. I follow a low-carb WOE and both nights I resisted all the sugary madness! My TOM is this week and I'm drinking lots of fluids so I'm hoping I won't have extra weight on me this week!

Hope you all have a great Thursday
Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Just getting around to the question "what defines happiness in your life"
I agree that I can't pinpoint it to one specific thing. Though someone at work asked if I was religious and I answered while raised episcopalian, I don't actively attend church and most days I consider myself agnostic. But then I said why do you ask and she said you seem so happy and she recognized that most people who are happy are usually religious.
I realize I am in a happy spot in my life, just because I'm busy and don't let outside influences bother/stress me too much.

Otherwise Wednesday was wickedly busy. Today is my Friday and I have 2 days off at work- ahhhh. The sun is supposed to be out today too which always helps. Then we have parent teacher conferences this evening.
Have a great Thursday everyone.

Last edited by CanadaMel; 09-23-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/164

Height: 5'8"

Stopping in for a quick hello!! I have my middle childs back to school night so I wont have much free time tonight..

Shan- Glad your dad is home!!

Lindalee- congrats on making it to onderland.

Dudesmom- I do the same thing with my daughter who weighs alittle over 30 lbs.. I look at her and can't believe I almost lost that in weight! Way to go!!

I'm stuck and I have tried everything, and I am starting to get frustrated. I have been bouncing around in the 180's since mid June.. I have increased my calories, decreased them, trying calorie cycling now, changed up my exercise routine... My back is starting to feel better so I hope in a few days I can take the exercise up a notch!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by sha25; 09-23-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #57  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

CanadaMel~ Any sun yet?

LeslieLou~ Great job at the fair!!!

lindalee9~

dudesmom
~ That's really neat that you can do that with your smaller son!!! Sounds like you had a crazy day yesterday!!!

alwe74~ I'm my own worst critic as well...

Angie~ 10lbs. is AWESOME!!!

Bette k~ CONGRATS on your license!!! I wish our district required a teaching license for subs as we have some real ridiculous subs...

Narnia99~ Great job getting up early and getting your workout in!!!

tambolina~ WELCOME!!! Have you talked to your husband about the intimacy issues?

Aclai4067~ 4.4!!! CONGRATS!!!

sha25
~ That's really nice that your family gets along so well!!! Plateaus SUCK!!! I hope you fight through it soon!!!

julie99s~

TERAPET~ Have fun on your vacation!!!

PDXgirl~ Maybe do some brainstorming and see if there are other exercises or foods that might help you feel a little less anxious..?

shan84~ How is your dad doing? Just a thought for a results thread... we do an inches/cm thread for the 20-Somethings TBL, where those interested post their starting inches/cm and then post their new inches/cm at the end of the challenge.

Serval87~ Awesome job burning so many calories! How are you doing?

Angie~ I LOVE TBL, and yes, always have the urge to munch on something while watching it... and then feel really guilty...

toughchick~ How are you doing?

So I went as far back as my last post, sorry if I missed anyone

What defines happiness in my life:
Having such a strong connection with my mother and being surrounded by so many wonderful animals every day. I wish my father and I were closer, but even the way we are now, is light years better then we were when I was in school.

TOM is coming right now, crampiness is making me feel a little ill, so I'm about to head to the nurse for some ibuprofen. My major goal for today is to fight through the icky cold and cough I have pursuing me and get to the gym anyways!

K, kids are getting crazy!!!

Last edited by KimL1214; 09-23-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #58  
banned

lindalee9- Congrats! Can't wait until I get there!

KimL1214- Thanks! Eh ... 'mother nature' just gave me a visit, so not as good as I could be. lol (sorry, if that's tmi). It always messes my exercise up.

Angie- I do get the urge to eat, but I've decided that TBL will be my BIG exercise of the week now.

dudesmom- Thank you!

Narnia99- Thank you!

Angie- Thank you, but I actually don't have too much stamina. I did have to take little breathers (and adjust my clothes; the bike always makes my clothes ride up. lol).

Hm... What defines happiness in my life:

Well, a few things, really. I love my relationship with my husband and parents, my cat too. They all enrich my life so much. I wish I were a bit closer with my brother and father, because my mother and I are truly best friends, but my relationship with my father is better than it ever has been, so that's good.

I also love being in nature. It brings me peace, and calms my soul so to speak. Writing and singing makes me feel worthwhile, so I have a lot to be thankful for.

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 09-23-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #59  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Serval -- I was going to do something like that...make myself walk the treadmill while watching TBL...that oughta beat the munchies.

Lindalee - Onederland must feel Onederful, congratulations!!!

My day was so busy I've been on the go since 6:15 a.m. and just got home now.

Definition of a bad idea (aka the bad news): On your first day of eating carbs and dairy after 6 weeks of practically zero carbs and dairy; go out for dinner to an Italian restaurant, eat foccacia bread with olive oil & balsamic vinegar, and half a plate of risotto. Let's just say my body did not appreciate the sudden change. Also, at the time this feeling hit me we were through with dinner and watching a show at the comedy club. Although I was DYING with stomach pains, I refused to get up in the middle of the show to use the washroom...I didn't want to be a subject in the show!

Now, the good news out of all this excitement for my poor digestive tract; I just weighed myself and I weigh less now than I did this morning! I hope it sticks overnight.... Plus, I had a ball at the comedy club...it felt great to laugh for almost 2 hour straight.

I hope you guys had a super day.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Morning all- it's Friday!
We're off to renew one daughters passport and then we may go camping as the sun finally did come out yesterday. And it brought warmer temps here finally.
I am worried though since when we camp I tend to not be careful about what I eat.

I'm terrible at personals, so I won't attempt them today, but a question of the day is: How do you reward yourself for a job well done?