Old 02-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #16  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post

Idealmuse, you look beautiful in your avatar. So pretty.
Aw, thanks. Figured it was time to update one where I wasn't covering half my face. The new Avi is from our Valentines dinner last night.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #17  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Ars, I am going to wait until this semester is over with school, I have gone from 260, and I am hoping to be close to 165 by then (it will be close to Mother's Day). I am going to get a membership at the local gym and then kick my butt from Mother's day 'til Labor Day and see what kind of bod there is under what little flab is left, and what size pants I can get into...I never thought I'd get into a 14, and now my 14s are loose. I'm thinking maybe I can steal my sister's size 6's by the end of the summer!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #18  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies!!! I'm so sorry I've been gone so long!! Things have been nuts around here between kid stuff and DH's recovery. He's doing well and almost back to normal, so that's happy news!

On not so happy news, I ate like a pig for the last week. Cookies, snickers, pasta alfredo and cheese bisquits, and whatever else I could shove in my mouth. It was sick. I don't even know what possessed me to do it. I can only come up with stress. But, what's done is done and we move on.

I was a good girl and went to the gym tonight, just a quick 30 minutes on the elliptical, but it's been almost 2 weeks since I stepped foot in the gym. I fully intended to work out at the hotel while we were gone, but I didn't make it. I would change and then find some excuse to not go. Again, so logical reason why.

So back on the bandwagon for me.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

Babygrant - WAHOO on Onederland!!!! So awesome!!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #19  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Welcome back Chica!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #20  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

I swear I am the biggest dork sometimes. I am so darn relieved not to have to weigh. I'm really glad I could stay as unofficial We all had a nasty bug over the weekend. Still a bit off but much better. I pretty much ate nothing but peanut butter on lc bread all weekend . Gosh this winter I caught every bug I swear after going years without catching A THING. I'm getting back on oregano oil!

Yesterday was on plan and I got a walk and some shoveling in for exercise.

BIG CONGRATS TO OUR WEEKLY WINNERS!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! Gracie8789 ... retiredone , Mercy , and ars

BABYGRANT~ big hooray on onerland!!!!!!!!!!!

ANGELA~ sorry to hear the computer bit the dust! Ugh

DAYONE congrats on the motivation!

DORA hope you feel better soon hug!

ISABELLA so glad your back is feeling better!

ARS I've never used a personal trainer but used a physical therapist a lot. I say go for it! I bet you will find it really helpful.

IDEALMUSE your stats are amazing!!!!!

WEEBLES awsome on the lose 14's!!!

NELLA glad to see you back! Stress will do that. It is all in the past now so onward and forward

Howdy to anyone I may have forgotten!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #21  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Way to go, Gracie8789!!! ... And woohooo, Great job, retiredone , Mercy , and ars!!!

Did you all see both teams lost exactly the same weight this week! Cool! Wonderful job from both teams but neat that we won!!!

Yay Babygrant! I'm right in there with you! Isn't great to finally get there? We HAVE TO stay there! I always get nervous and freaked out but I'm determined to plow thru this time and get into the 180s, then to 177. Even if 177 is my lifetime goal, I'm happy then!! I am starting to try for 30 mins of some kind of movement (besides all that I do anyway every day, lol) each day.

Awww, we'll miss you Angela! Write as soon as you can!! We need our fearless leader!!

Hiya to Dora, Ideal, Bigmid, Dayone, Isabella, ars, weebles, Nella, thinner, and all of you glorious Bluezers!!!!

I'm up a little, but think its water because of salt, been having too much. But sometimes I crave more than I need! Dang it!

I hope to show at least a .5 lb loss this coming weigh in. I hafta keep losing something every week!!!

Well, I feel bloated and hope it goes away soon.

Gotta get work done, love y'all!!

Hugs, Selina
Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #22  
Go Blue Team!

Morning ladies!

Mercy - back atcha chica!

So, the salt monster must be on his way out because I was down 2.2 pounds from yesterday. Whew! I made a very delish and very health dinner last night of Mahi Mahi and veggies. I never really loved fish, but the whole 4 oz piece was only 95 calories! That's like a calorie bargain! I've still got some hunger issues going on. I apparently stuffed myself good and stretched my stomach out. I'm just so glad to be home and back into the swing of things. I plan on going to the gym again tonight. I hate that DH can't go with me for another 2 or 3 weeks He's on restricted exercise and lifting from his surgery.

So like Thinner said, It's onward and forward! Make it a great day everyone!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #23  

Hi Ladies how is the blue team this sunny day (at least here it is sunny) I have had a wonderful 4 days off from work and now I have to get myself in the midset of going back tomorrow. I think I need some actual vacation time but until the temp warms up I don't see the point. Well I have been testing out a pedometer today they don't work that well on me for some reason. Sometimes it registers more and sometimes less so I hope on average it works out. I am at 8200 steps so far and I actually counted all of them out by 100 at a time I have burned over 200 calories from this too so that's good. I want to start wearing it to work to see how many steps I take in a day and how many more I need to do each day.

shoupfamily - I happy that you got your period and can now wait til hubby is done school before trying again. It is nicer to be prepared so glad it worked out that way for you both.

doragone - I hope your breathing comes back to normal soon it is so hard to do anything when not feeling 100% I am glad that you find inspiriation here as I do the same.

retiredone - so glad that you back is feeling good now, happy walking

Mercy03 - hello back at ya hope your having a great day

ars - a personal trainer can be a very good thing especially if you have not done much on strength training before. If you watch some people at the gym there form is so off that they can do serious damage to themselves. Also if you can't keep proper form than the weight is to heavy. They will point all this out and get you started properly. Good luck

weebleswobble - Wow you have come so far and to be that close to your goal. It's only a couple months off you must feel so good right now.

Nella - welcome back and congratulations on going to the gym already. That does take motivation. That's awesome being down 2.2 already

thinnerbyjuly - I am glad that you feel so good about not having to weigh in anymore. I hope you feel better soon. I love PB

Soon2BeFitChick - you are doing great you will keep going down and stay down. I here you on needing to see a loss every week. Here is to us both showing a loss next weigh in.

Nixmom - Where are you???? I hope everything is okay
Echo - just want to say hello haven't seen you on in a couple days either. Hope all is well.
Angela - is the computer at the doctors yet

A big hello to anyone that I may have missed.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #24  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Hiya Bluesers Hope everyone is doing well. I weighed in at my club last night, I "turtled" from last week as I weighed 139 last Monday night.Proud of myself for holding my weight all week, hence my 2 pound weight loss here. It's been hard to be motivated this week as the weather SUCKS!!! It's been so cold here in Orlando this winter(no comments from the Canucks please) that it has been hard to get the motivation to go outside and workout, which leaves the stationary bike and treadmill for me.Kinda boring sometimes.......but I still feel great that I have broken the barrier that is 140.

Enough about myself! I want to say to Thinnerbyjuly that I am glad that you decided to stick with us, whatever it takes to stay motivated is the right way.

@ Nella I know you have what it takes to get back on track.

@ Bigmid I'm glad to see that you are posting again, you were missed.

@ Selena Hope everything is okay.

@ Idealmuse What a beautiful picture. Congrats on your weight loss

@ Echo........ Here today gone tomorrow..... I miss your posts Chica!

@ Everyone, congrats for sticking around for the 6th week and making this such an inspiring challenge this time.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 PM   #25  
Mommy of 6, 4, almost 1!!

S/C/G: 194.6/179.2/155

Height: 5'1"

weebleswobble: I'm so envious of you being able to wear a size 14!!! I've been in 18's for tooooooo long now. And you're still shrinking!!

nella: Been there done that plenty of time. Even recently. But you know what, if you get back up you'll find not much damage done. It's only when you don't get back up that things go to crap. We're human. I'm proud of you for working out and getting back on that horse!!

thinnerbyjuly: sorry your household has been sick, but glad to hear that you are getting over it! (we've had something going around here)

Well... i try to work out twice a week. but im skipping the first one this week because we've all been so kick. don't think teh childcare place at the gym would be impressed if i brought kids with fevers/ear infections.......etc... haha im planning to go down to my sisters in oregon (just from wa) beginning of april to buy some new clothes. i have 3 pairs of pants to my name!! (of course i have a lot of size 8-12's in my closet that i dream of wearing again) anyway, so we're going to buy me some clothes. i hope it's not horrible. i hate shopping and i hate wearing clothes for the most part. of course, being naked would be a worse alternative. but, since i last saw my sis ive lost about 15 pounds and by the time i go it will probably be 20. so i think i should give myself credit for that and try to enjoy clothes shopping. sometimes it's discouraging because i have soooo much to lose. but i take it one week at a time and one pound at a time. anyway... today has been a good day as far as eating well. i hope i don't sound too whiney. maybe the nyquil is kicking in. onward and upward ladies!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:10 AM   #26  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Hey everyone!!

I've woken up with positivity this morning AND the scale is showing a downward trend for the first time in what seems forever. Just got back from a quick workout of 3km on the treadmill. I cannot wait to get out of the 190s!!!!!

Quick question - I know you're meant to have breakfast first thing in the morning to get your metabolism going, but how does this work around a morning workout? I might be being silly, but if I'm going to get up at 8am and be in the gym by 8:30am then should I eat something before I go, or am I alright eating as soon as I get back instead? I don't want to slow down my metabolism if it can be easily avoided, but I'm back in my flat within 10 mins of my workout.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #27  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Dayone, me toooo!!! Let's work hard to get into the 180s together! And babygrant too! And all of us who are in the 190s. We need to band together and fight the 190s! I want the 180s so bad because I don't wanna see the 200s EVER again, even in TOM.

I have to take Emily to doc today but when I get home Imma try hard to get on my treadmill. I want to push myself past where I always have. I want to imagine Jillian in my ear, screaming at me that I CAN go 2 more minutes!!

I hate we lost more ppl this wk. I know how hard it is though and I've had to stop in the middle of a challenge before. Sometimes life gets in the way. I hope they all keep losing anyway tho. The challenge is just a nice addition to it all. I love coming here and knowing all you guys are doing the same as me, trying to find time to exercise and watching ur food.

I haven't read yet so can't do personals. Gotta run. But just wanted to remind you all that strawberries should be ready around March at the pick ur own farms! Yay! My friend and I are taking our kids and also again in May for blackberries. I LOVE them. Cannot wait. Just take lots of containers so you don't squish the bottom berries from the weight of the others. You can freeze what you don't eat and use them for desserts, baking, etc. There are sites online to find one near you. Berries are gooooood for you!!

Ok bye bye!!

Hugs, Selina
Old 02-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #28  
Go Blue Team!

Dayone - For me personally, I can't eat before working out. I get nauseous. So I prefer to work out then come home and eat something.

Mercy - Wahoo! That must feel great! I know what you mean about the weather. I'm not used to it being so cold here either, so it's been hard to be motivated. I can't wait until spring starts and I can walk outside again! It's so pretty here when everything starts to bloom.

RetiredOne - Wow! So close to goal! i hope you make it this week!!!

Shoup - I hope you are all better soon! Clothes shopping should be fun! Enjoy it!

Bigmid - The pedometer is a great idea. I'm competitive, so that would make me move until it said 10000!

Selina - Sorry about the bloat. I hope it goes away soon!\

Well, 2 days back into recording my food. I'm still having hungry issues, and it's really annoying. I thought I was doing good, I made a special dinner for DH last night, but when I entered it in I got a shock. DH has Celiac's Disease, so he can't have gluten (wheat, barley & rye) so I have this great substitute flour that I use all the time. Well, I made biscuits with it last night, and I put the recipe into spark people later - 320 cals per biscuit!!! And I had 2!!! That's almost 3 times the cals in a flour biscuit each! I felt so crappy. I never thought the special flour had that many more calories, but it has a lot of almond meal and things like that to make it more like wheat flour. Well, lesson learned. I was over about 200 cals for the day. So today is a new day, and I will read labels better from here on out!

On other TMI news, lol, I've been taking prenatal vitamins for about 3 weeks, and they are stopping me up! Stupid iron! So I'm going to have to find something to combat that.

Well, I better get to work, have a great day ladies!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I'll be back later with personals. Been busy busy. I picked up a few shifts at work to try to get the savings account bumped back up. I love my job so it's easy to go....but it's tough coming home to two small kids. I can't sit down to relax because they've missed me allllllllllllllll day. hehe.

I was doing daily weigh in's but I'm going to stop. What I've found is that I don't want to exercise. I figure since I'm losing weight from my eatng alone, there's no point in walking/lifting weights etc. I don't want to be "skinny fat" so I'm going to do the weekly weigh in's ONLY, no peeking at all in between, in hopes that I'll keep my mind guessing and I'll pick up the exercise just to be sure I lose something!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!! Cold and rainy here, but that's ok! Because of the rain, all of my beeeeautiful tulips and crocuses will come up when it warms up! I can't wait!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #30  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

shoup, I wonder if you're wearing OLD 18s. I bet if you go try on NEW vanity size 14s they'll fit.

dayone, I don't know, I can't work out or eat first thing in the morning, blech!

Soon2B, count me in on the 180 wagon.

Nella, those vitamins made me barf.

babygrant, I get that daily-weigh-in benefit too. I haven't gotten excited about exercising all the time, though.

Wow, I just did personals.

I had a great thing happen yesterday. I had a meeting with a committee that makes sure that I'm on track with what I'm supposed to be doing in school (ultimately, they can say, "don't let her go through") and I pre-emptively told them about a bad thing that happened, and even though I said, "now this person is going to tell you that X happened, and it's true, but there's more..." They totally nurtured me and protected me and I felt so affirmed. It was an excellent experience. Of course, the first thing that happened, was I walked in, and they said, "what happened to you?" and I told them that I'd lost 65 pounds, and my philosophy behind it (I'm studying to be a minister, and I believe that there's a whole lot in the Bible that churches are missing about how we should treat our bodies and having pot-lucks and bake sales aren't part of it!) and they were really really impressed by what I had to say (and more importantly by what I had DONE!).