Old 01-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #61  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Thinnerbyjuly, no I don't have my weight loss story on 3FC. I just decided 2 years ago (Jan 2/08 to be exact) to get this weight off once and for all. I've lost at least 500 pounds over a life time and put it all back on but I'm the lowest weight I've ever been in about 34 years. Nothing too exciting about my plan, I just count calories and exercise. But, thanks for noticing and asking.

BabyGrant, losing weight is obsessive no matter what plan you do. It takes all your time and energy and concentration. That's why when life gets in the way we get off track. I'm totally obsessed with it and that's how it has to be right now. I don't know if it will ever be a natural thing to eat "normal" and exercise naturally. So I keep charts, use fitday for calories, log my kilometres walking and biking, use 3FC (of course), join challenges and talk about it all the time. People probably pray I don't start in when I meet them.
Well girls, I'm not on TOM, hahahahahaha You'll all get over it one day. One day the pony will be sent to the glue factory.

Time for a group hug. Gone to wash dishes and log all my activities. Catch you all later.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #62  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Oh I do girl-friend! You shd see my iggy list! LOL! it's really the ONLY way to get through sometimes.

LOL! That was ALL Mercy! She's a trip!

You Bite me! :P

I think we all got in sync LAST challenge too! This is too dang funny!!!

LOL Sis, you make my day.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

LOL Isabella you are hilarious.. you make my day! I can not say I am looking forward to having my pony shippped off anywhere just yet.. I want a baby first.. lol But since we are all sharing.. yea my pony saddled this morning! LOL
And I also agree with Isabella, Babygrant, on the fact that to start being successful I had to let myself become obsessive about it. I thought the same way before.. that i didn't want to become obsessive on one thing or another to lose weight.. but when I started this time I realized to be successful i had to be because once I began to slack off being "obsessive" I became lazy in every aspect and started gaining again. So I have decided not to think of it as obsessive but as diligent and dedicated!
Echo, i couldnt agree more about counting calories.. it was the only thing that worked for me... Calorie counting and exercise thats my plan.. my main goal Michelle is to get into the exercise routine and stick to it. Once I get going I become addicted but thats an addiction i can live with.. lol but it is the gettin there that is the tough part initally. I have heard of a program/plan that is called the 400 calorie fix.. which is four, 400 cal meals a day or 3 n one broken into two snacks. I am looking into it, but even if I do not follow it it will at least be a guide for different ideas to staying within my calories for a day.
Bigmid, you will get there .. I have no doubt.. holiday mode is very hard to get out of... as it is so much fun there..lol but you are doing so well I know you can kick it up n rawk it out!!
Have a great day back to work tomorrow Mercy! Have you been on holiday? If you have said I am sorry for being duh-me!
Selina,I am saying many many prayers that you and your husband be blessed with the joy of those 3 boys! God is good, He will do what is right, take comfort in knowing that God already has that all planned out and is smiling down on you as He knows the outcome.
I am also praying for that little girl Mary. As an Early Childhood Educator, I have dealt with many "situations" with children and their home lives.. I pray for her safety and wellbeing.
I was able to do an upper body strength workout tonight and I am so thankful that it seemed to help perk me up a lil haha! See exercise is soooo good for us.. all the way around..and whoot whoot for me for doing it on the pony.. I usually use TOM as an excuse to slack off... Omy a cotton pony named TOM ... this is growing.. lol Diva & Mercy you crack me up!
Alright Ladies have a great evening.. I am off to have a nice bath then settle in with TBL Sweet Dreams & God Bless All!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 01-12-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #64  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

For calorie counting, what I typically do is 200/100/300/100/500/100 it's not a hard and fast rule though. It's easier for me to have less in the morning (eggbeater omlet with cheese in only like 120 cals) then have more for dinner with my family.

As for you Pony Riders, I'm ahead of you all now. My cycle has shortened it's self to 24 days for some crazy reason. For the last 3 months I've been "early" but my cycle has apparently changed. So annoying. 14 years of being like clockwork, then it decides to change on me when I'm about to start trying for a baby. Ugh. Being a girl sucks sometimes.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #65  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nella View Post
Being a girl sucks sometimes.
It DO! and give it time woman, by the end of this challenge we'll all be riding the Cotton Pony together! Well all of us poor unfortunate ones will.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #66  
50 is the new 40!

Quote:
It DO! and give it time woman, by the end of this challenge we'll all be riding the Cotton Pony together! Well all of us poor unfortunate ones will.
I feel blessed having menopause and all
Old 01-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #67  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Mercy! 48 goin on 42! I LOVE it! LOL!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Hahaha. Can you imagine what people lurking on this thread are thinking? (<----crazy!)
Old 01-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Ok folks, I'm going to calorie count. I am making a promise to myself, my family and my team mates that I will do it. I will need to let the obsession take over.

I'm going to focus on 1300-1500 calories per day.

Question for you calorie counters.....do you look at your carb, fat, and protein or just focus on the calories?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #70  
Mommy of 6, 4, almost 1!!

S/C/G: 194.6/179.2/155

Height: 5'1"

Hey gals.... you know if you don't like your period you could always get pregnant and then nurse your baby??? haha .... I think a period is fine for a while!!! Just wanted to say I'm plugging a long and am glad for the motivation that has come from being a part of this group,
Old 01-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Morning Ladies! I hope everyone has a great day...
babygrant, I do to an extent watch my carb/protein intake as with too many carbs I balloon and just generally do not feel well. I do much better on higher protein and stick with minimal healthy whole grain carbs and sugar carbs from fruit. I use Sparkpeople to track... I love it because there is a recipe calculator so that if you are making something from scratch you can input the ingredients and how many servings it makes and it will generate how many calories per serving there is. Has been so helpful for me. It does take time but again that is where dedication to yourself comes in!
shoupfamily, I couldn't agree more.. since August when I started out "in full force" I fully believe I would not have stuck to it had I not had all of the wonderful girls here at 3FC!

Okay ladies... much love and hugs to everyone! I pray everyone be blessed with a sense of self worth and accomplishment today to drive each of us forward towards being the women we were created to be!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 01-13-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:01 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Good morning Girls! Yesterday was ok. Ate 3 cookies with my afterschool club...ugh..Why? I don't know. They tasted like cardboard but I ate them anyway.

Thanks for all the prayers. We did get to see her yesterday and the social worker is working with the family to get them the help they need. Hopefully all will turn out well.

Sorry I haven't had time for personals. I will def catch up this weekend
Old 01-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #73  
50 is the new 40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
Hahaha. Can you imagine what people lurking on this thread are thinking? (<----crazy!)
Imagine that, people might think that we are CRASY!

Back to reality, I am going back to work today, I had the most pleasant, freezing 9 days off from work lol. I rededicated myself to exercising . While the weather sucked here in Florida with temps more in tune with Canada, I feel great that I have found myself again and feel that I am off to a great start this new year.

Bluesers have a great day!

@Diva LMAO to you
Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #74  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Good morning BLUE team!!!!! I decided to check the scale today to see what damage slipping mon did plus pms. The darn scale was down but went up 2.4 lbs for me on Sundays weigh in. Go figure today it is back down. Must have been all the sf lemon aid with added real lemon. ????? Weirdo scale

Retiredone thanks for sharing!!! Congrats!!!

Angela exercise sounds like a good addiction to me!!!!
Shoupfamily No getting pregnant here. My youngest is 13 and I'm enjoying it

Maryglad a social worker is on it!

Nella ugh 24 days! Good luck on the baby thing!

Diva LOL you are funny!

Babygrant I don't cal count but i started doing fitday just to get an idea. It is all over the board. Just because I know nothing about cal counting~ how do you decide your cal range?

Mercygreat job getting rededicated to exercise! I heard about your sucky temps. Mom flew down to Sanford last fri to see my brother. She was so disappointed as she hates the cold in WI and FL is cold too!

Well blue team chick have a terrific day! I'm enjoying my last day off before my work week starts tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #75  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Diva - You're a trip girl. Things settling out at the house for you yet? Remember - focus on you. They are big boys they can take care of themselves for a little while.

BabyGrant - I love calorie counting. So much easier for me than anything else. That's the range I stick to as well. 1300-1500. But don't freak if you go over one day, just go lower the next. It all averages out. And you have to be a little obsessive to make it work. I was crazy with it for the first 3 months, I've mellowed out a lot, lol.

Mary - Back away from the cookies!!! You are better than those cookies! Glad to hear the DSS people got involved with the little girl.

Angela - I agree. Without 3FC, I would have never gotten to where I am. I would have given up like all the other times. I love you gals!

Mercy - Hope you have a nice day back at work. I'll bet you are refreshed having a nice long break.

So, I did some crunches during TBL last night. I had to do some baking for DH so he had some Gluten Free bread and stuff to eat, so I didn't get to go out to join that community center. I got some other "exercise" in last night though. DH has been in a "mood" for the last week if you catch my drift... Don't know what's gotten into him, he's like a teenage boy, but no complaints here, lol. Hey, they have it as an activity on Fitday, so I'm rolling with it!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day!