Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Can anyone tell me more about Beck Diet

I have read a few of the threads on this forum and done a bit of google, but I wondered if anyone could tell me any more about the Beck Diet. There seem to be a few different books on the subject, is there one that is a good starting point.
And how successful is it really? Do people find it is giving them the tools to make permanent body changes?
Thank you
Volatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hi Volatis! I'll chime in here but others who have had more success should pop in as well I like that it is a program to change the way you think as you approach weight loss/healthy living. It is not a diet, it's a program of thought and self-control that you use with whatever diet or healthy eating plan you have chosen. It teaches you and you practice using more self-control (as far as planning your choices and surrounding yourself with a healthy environment) and less damaging thoughts - giving yourself credit when you make good choices, recognizing triggers - food and emotional and situational, etc., and sometimes putting in place a NO CHOICE "rule" ... in order to build up your "resistance muscle" - when you are always breaking your food plan, it's harder to stick with one. So this program is one that is designed to strengthen your thought processes to make the choices that are best for your health and staying on the plan you choose.

That said, I believe it works but I have sidetracked myself this past year and not followed it, not handled situations the way they should be. So don't think because I'm back where I started that it's not of value.

Good luck with whatever plan you should choose. This is a solid, caring, thoughtful group of folks who are very supportive, led by Bill, who has found continued success with the program for years.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'6"

Thank you nationalparker. I wonder if it might be very useful to me as its the self-control element I suffer with (but in secret!) and I then beat myself up over 'bad' choices.
I will keep an eye on the daily thread in this forum to try and understand more of how it works.
Thank you
Volatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/248/140

Height: 5'3

Smile Starting plan tomorrow

I checked out The Complete Beck diet for life book from my library and will be starting it tomorrow. I like the premise behind the book because it prepares you mentally where other diet programs fail to do so. You do not have to follow a specific diet plan which is convenient. I would suggest getting the latest edition of the book and reading it over, if you can get it from the library and it will not cost you any money. I believe I will be successful following this plan. I hope you successfully meet your goals in whatever plan you decide to follow.
ysunchenoa is offline   Reply With Quote