Old 10-23-2015, 08:07 AM   #1  

Default third shift

just wondering if anyone is doing atkins while working third shift. I work in an assisted living home on third shift for the last 6 weeks and am having hard time sticking to anything, part of the reason is i'm not used to working these hours and part cause we can eat any left overs they have and its usually not what i should be eating or i eat alot of cheese slices. if anyone has any suggestions i'd be happy to hear them.
mom2threebratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:40 AM   #2  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

mom2threebratz

I was on Weight Watchers while working midnights. It was also fairly difficult because we were always eating just trying to stay awake lol. So what I did was make scheduled eating times.

I worked from 10pm-6:30am, so I would eat breakfast around 2pm, lunch at 8pm and dinner at 2am and didn't touch anything after that. I've never done Atkins so I don't know how restricted it is, but Weight Watchers was a good option while I was on the shift.

With Weight Watchers you can eat pretty much anything as long as it fist in your daily points allowance. So, I would just suggest putting yourself on an eating schedule and sticking to it.

There is also an Atkins thread that you can join, they may have some suggestions as well. Good luck on your lifestyle change.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote