Old 09-19-2015, 07:58 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here considering Atkins 40

Hi everyone, I've been researching the Atkins 40 plan all weekend and am thinking of taking the plunge. I was hoping to get some motivation, tips, and success stories! I've been doing the Ideal Protein diet for the last 3 weeks and have only lost 4 lbs. I don't really mind the diet, but it's pretty expensive, and so restrictive considering the low rate I've lost weight. Also, you are not supposed to exercise and I don't like that.
Do any of you eat the Atkins products, such as the shakes and bars and frozen foods? Convenience is important to me because my job keeps me on the go.
MayainMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayainMN View Post
Hi everyone, I've been researching the Atkins 40 plan all weekend and am thinking of taking the plunge. I was hoping to get some motivation, tips, and success stories! I've been doing the Ideal Protein diet for the last 3 weeks and have only lost 4 lbs. I don't really mind the diet, but it's pretty expensive, and so restrictive considering the low rate I've lost weight. Also, you are not supposed to exercise and I don't like that.
Do any of you eat the Atkins products, such as the shakes and bars and frozen foods? Convenience is important to me because my job keeps me on the go.
I read both of your posts...you mentioned about your period coming up, most people have a stall that time of month. I am starting IP again after gaining some of the weight back that I lost. I started out on the Ideal Protein packets but found them too expensive, and my coach seemed to be more worried about how much she was making off of me rather that weight loss. I do alternatives, usually Health Smart that I order from Nashua Nutrition for at least half the cost of IP, you can find lots of info on the alternatives on here. And I have heard that you can exercise after the first 3 weeks...just make sure to have an extra packet on the days you workout. Ultimately it is up to you but I vote for IP. Good luck to you
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:34 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
I read both of your posts...you mentioned about your period coming up, most people have a stall that time of month. I am starting IP again after gaining some of the weight back that I lost. I started out on the Ideal Protein packets but found them too expensive, and my coach seemed to be more worried about how much she was making off of me rather that weight loss. I do alternatives, usually Health Smart that I order from Nashua Nutrition for at least half the cost of IP, you can find lots of info on the alternatives on here. And I have heard that you can exercise after the first 3 weeks...just make sure to have an extra packet on the days you workout. Ultimately it is up to you but I vote for IP. Good luck to you
I use alternatives too from diet direct. Free shipping over 69.00. I am doing a combo of Atkins and Ideal protein. Whatever works for you. I do 5 minutes on the elliptical because that is all I can do. love the tomato soup on Bari Wise
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote