Old 10-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #1  

Question Calorie count and net carb from veggies!

Hello!! I'm new to Atkins and I need some help regarding calorie count.
I'm trying to stay on 1200-1300 cal. with macros 5%C, 70%F, 25%P.
I eat eggs and cheese for breakfast. Salad or any veggies with chicken, meat , or fish for lunch. And for dinner eggs or cheese sometimes with cucumber.
I also have one coffee with heavy cream and splenda in the morning and sometimes coco powder with cream for a snack but not every day.

My problem is that I can't have 12-15 g net carb from veggies as advised by Dr. Atkins while on this calorie limits. I end up having only 6-8 net carb from veggies!!

I'm afraid to up my calories because I feel I won't be losing weight or even weight loss will be very little on higher calories.

Any help would be appreciated!!
basbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #2  
jessie

S/C/G: 274.6 / see ticker / 190

Height: 5'7"

they were just having this debate on one of the Facebook groups and the admins where emphatically stating that Atkins states to not count calories just carbs, protein and fats... lots of fats, it is hard to have lots of fats with out calories... hopefully Jersygirl will give you a link and a quote she is great abut that...
jessiegreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by basbosa View Post
Hello!! I'm new to Atkins and I need some help regarding calorie count.
I'm trying to stay on 1200-1300 cal. with macros 5%C, 70%F, 25%P.
I eat eggs and cheese for breakfast. Salad or any veggies with chicken, meat , or fish for lunch. And for dinner eggs or cheese sometimes with cucumber.
I also have one coffee with heavy cream and splenda in the morning and sometimes coco powder with cream for a snack but not every day.

My problem is that I can't have 12-15 g net carb from veggies as advised by Dr. Atkins while on this calorie limits. I end up having only 6-8 net carb from veggies!!

I'm afraid to up my calories because I feel I won't be losing weight or even weight loss will be very little on higher calories.

Any help would be appreciated!!
My question is, if you are doing Atkins, why are you counting calories?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
My question is, if you are doing Atkins, why are you counting calories?
I'm counting calories because I wanted to have less protein and more fat as I heard protein can also be broken to glucose. I thought counting calories would help me not to exceed 25% protein!

Maybe I'm mistaken stressing myself like that. But please tell me how to keep protein less than fat without counting calories.
I'm asking for help because I need to know the right way to do it!
Old 10-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
I'm counting calories because I wanted to have less protein and more fat as I heard protein can also be broken to glucose. I thought counting calories would help me not to exceed 25% protein!

Maybe I'm mistaken stressing myself like that. But please tell me how to keep protein less than fat without counting calories.
I'm asking for help because I need to know the right way to do it!
I think many people have the misconception Atkins is high protein. Atkins is moderate protein, high fat.
If you want to do this the right way, you should be getting 12-15 carbs a day from veggies & salad.
You don't count calories on Atkins, only carbs
Old 10-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
I think many people have the misconception Atkins is high protein. Atkins is moderate protein, high fat.
If you want to do this the right way, you should be getting 12-15 carbs a day from veggies & salad.
You don't count calories on Atkins, only carbs
Okay I understand now. Any suggestions for carb tracker App! Atkins carb tracker is incompatible with my phone
Old 10-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisTon View Post
best of luck Basbosa
Thank you very much
Old 10-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Okay I understand now. Any suggestions for carb tracker App! Atkins carb tracker is incompatible with my phone
I've got to be honest, I've never used a carb tracker. I started Atkins in 2004 and just ate pretty much what is on the Induction foods list and concentrated on veggies & salad. If its not on the list, I don't eat it