2 Weeks No Loss - Still in Induction

• I have been trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am still in induction. The first week I lost 9 pounds. The second and third week, I have had no loss. I have about another 100 pounds to loose. Please give me some suggestions. This is what a normal day looks like:
    Breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 Pieces of Turkey Bacon or Regular Bacon
    Mid-Morning - Atkins Vanilla Shake
    Lunch - Salad with Romaine (Approx 2 Cups), 1/2 Medium Cucumber, 2 Slices Tomato, 1 Slice Onion, a little Cilantro, 1/8 of an Avocado, Blue Cheese or Feta and either Chicken, Steak, Bacon or Tuna Salad. I use Olive Oil and Vinegar for salad dressing only.
    Mid-Afternoon - 1/2 Medium Cucumber, 2 TBSP Ranch or Blue cheese Dressing & 1oz Cheddar Cheese
    Dinner - Steak, Chicken or Hamburger Patties with either a similar salad from lunch minus the meat or sauteed Zucchini or Broccoli with onions and garlic.
    I drink about 120 oz of water a day and nothing else.
    If I need a snack when I get home from work, it is usually a couple pork rinds or 1oz Cheddar Cheese
    Thanks for your help, I am getting really discouraged.
  • Your menu looks pretty good. My suggestion would be to get rid of the Atkins shake and to have a salad AND green veggie with your dinner. You might also want to consider cutting back on the cheese, it is a common staller for a lot of people.
    I hope this helps
    You CAN do this!
    All the best to you!!!
  • Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the advice. I am going to try entering my food into one of those food trackers, so I can see what my totals are for the day. Is there one that is better than another?
  • Ok, so I loaded what I ate on Friday into a food tracker. This is what I got: 1260 Calories, 82.4g Fat, 16.5g Carbs & 107.1g Protein. That gave me 59% Fat, 5% Carbs & 36% Protein. The fat was higher this day, because I had buffalo chicken wings for dinner, which it not what I typically eat. Thoughts?
  • Quote: Ok, so I loaded what I ate on Friday into a food tracker. This is what I got: 1260 Calories, 82.4g Fat, 16.5g Carbs & 107.1g Protein. That gave me 59% Fat, 5% Carbs & 36% Protein. The fat was higher this day, because I had buffalo chicken wings for dinner, which it not what I typically eat. Thoughts?
    Atkins is a high fat, moderate protein plan. That being said, typically folks doing Atkins should be shooting for 70% Fat, 5% Carbs & 25% Protein.
    I hope this helps
  • Quote: Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the advice. I am going to try entering my food into one of those food trackers, so I can see what my totals are for the day. Is there one that is better than another?
    I use FitDay. I like it because it shows the fat, carbs, protein for each food separately and also combined for the day. If I show too much carb for the day I can look back and see which foods were the culprits.