Old 05-30-2013, 11:41 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Wow. You all just inspired me to read the 72 book.
charliebear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #32  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The research of psmf (protein-sparing modified fasts, as Atkins is generally considered) seems to suggest that rate of weight loss is actually positively correlated with fruit and veggie servings (those eating the most freggies tended to lose the most). I'll see if I can find the actual study citations - I believe I saw it on the Medifast or HMR site.

I know that protein poisoning (also called rabbit starvation) can occur with a low-carb diet if zero carb is paired with low fat, and other nutritional deficiencies can occur with a lean, all-muscle diet (fat, skin, blood, organ meats, and bone broths and even bones themselves, such as those in canned sardines should be included).

At the very least, I would consider taking a vitamin and mineral supplement with a folic acid or folate, and maybe even one of the phytonutrient supplements.

Zoos are finding that even true carnivores become ill on an all meat diet if it's composed of only fat and muscle meat. The skin and innards are important.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote