Old 03-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

YAY!!! More people!!

And there's Toby and LeslieLou too!

My latest photos are on my thread here. I can't remember what the heck the title is....I started it back when I first came here....but I'm pretty sure it's still on this first page of threads because I posted on it fairly recently.

I just checked and my thread with the pictures is right under this one right now....called "new to forum but not to Atkins". The only thing I don't like about the NOW one is that it makes my face look older (now that I AM kinda old). The fat face before sorta hid the aging signs. But to me....and maybe I'm deluding myself .....I don't look quite as bad in the face when I look in the mirror. I mean, I do see the sagginess in the lower face, etc....but it doesn't seem quite as pronounced in the mirror.

What can you do? I'm not about to go get a face lift...couldn't afford it and hate pain...and hate any sort of surgery. It's still WAAYY better having lost the weight...even with the face....than it was being so heavy. My face looked younger....but it looked fat and that didn't make it look very good either.

Weight was 136 this morning on digital scale. Hehehe....ONE pound from goal. My body is being like a stubborn child....or impish child...just taunting me and holding me 1 lb. away.
Actually, I'm not even stabilized at 136 yet...still bouncing around between 137.5 and 136 and I have to stabilize at 136 still...before I can even get to 135. I mean, I could probably GET to it, but I'm not counting it until it's stabilized at that weight....and I get it consistently several days in a row.

But it's just a technicality as far as I'm concerned....how I look in the mirror and the size I'm now wearing was basically what I was looking for. It's just my OCD wanting to technically get to the goal I selected.

OK...I'm still looking for Lori and Honeyb.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 176/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Deena,

Your face doesn't look saggy at all, I think we can be our own worse critics. What kind of face cream do you use? Most of them contain the same ingredients I think. I use a very expensive one (only because it was a present) called Creme de la Mer and I love it. I only use a tiny bit because I don't want to use it up too fast. Great cream! I think my sister uses Sisley but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, egg whites make a great mask mixed with some other ingredients, have not done that in a while (I'm eating the egg whites!), LOL!

Toby
TobyThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:30 AM   #18  
High school teacher

S/C/G: 220/190/150

Height: 5'6"

Deena, I love reading your posts, and seeing your pictures is such inspiration! I have to admit I was one of the ones who WAS posting about Wonderslim, but I'm now a week into Atkins Induction and loving it. I began my weightloss journey in November with Medifast simply because my brother had lost weight with it and my mother gave me a couple of months of it as a Christmas gift. It was good for me in that it was like going to rehab for me. I realized that I could turn down sweets and be okay with it. However, the soy in the products caused problems for me such as a red face and rosacea flareups. That's when I went to Wonderslim products, but even though the nutrition labels list low carbs, the sugar and white flour in them brought back those tormenting cravings.

Since I've been on Atkins (bought the book per your and Kim's advice), I am feeling great and have lost a few pounds this week! This is what I can definitely do for the rest of my life.
LaLaurie is offline   Reply With Quote