Old 11-28-2006, 05:19 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat:November 28th

Good Morning!!!
Ok...Holy--U are going to bed when I am getting up Hope the sewing is going well!! Sleep in girl!!!!

Ok--I named the thread wrong..oh well...

RX--I love to do Santa bags for others...To me..that is the real Christmas spirit!!

Molly--Thanks for the will power dust..Send it in all the threads this time of year!!!

Jenny--Glad the pinky is better...Maybe the bandage on the pinky weighs 0.5lbs???and U didnt gain a thing????

Darcy--I sometimes think my DH just thinks of trees and decorations as a bother..He gets so annoyed when I wrap all the ornaments separate in their little boxes and take time..Oh well..they are just different creatures!!!

Karen--Hope DH is better

Lauren--How are things???
Ok..out of time..Hello Stevi, WannaB Ya'lls pics are great!!!Good Morning Goddess, RX..and everyone else!!!!
Have a great day
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 11-28-2006 at 05:27 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:55 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Thumbs up Tuesday - only 4 more days to the weekend!

Okay.... I suspect that if I started complaining about some of the stupid things that my DW does, you'd all rush to her defense and then tackle me to death (I could think of worse ways to go ) for criticizing such a wonderful person who takes such wonderful care of me and that I should be helping her more. enough with the "evil spouse" discussions. It's just bound to get me in trouble.

At work, yesterday was just as bad as I expected. The guy who came back from holidays is still "hooking off work" from time to time to get some more of the major work done on his house. *humph* It's not like I'm the type of person to complain, so I just let him get away with it. And I know what he's doing is a big deal anyway. *sighs* It's just all so very frustrating.

Last night, DW and I went out and filled our Santa Bags at the local Wallyworld. We decided not to spend too much this year, though I might try and convince her that we need to go out and buy another toy for each of the bags. We try and do a balance of "useful things" - like hats & mits, toothpaste & toothbrush - to "creative things" - like (safety) sissors, glue sticks, construction paper, crayons - and a toy or two. It's all good.

Tonight, I meet my friend for coffee. A day early because her hubby is leaving town on business tomorrow and needs to be home with the kids. Also, I have new plans for tomorrow evening as well. I have no idea how I've become such a busy person, but it feels kinda good rather than sitting home like a lump. I just wish that I'd end up eating less so that stupid scale would DROP. *growls*

So, yeah....weight. I'm dreading getting on the scale today. I know it's all "my fault", but I'm just not dropping anymore. Just kinda sitting here, hovering up and down at the half way point. I'm starting to think that even my relaxed 10 lb goal by the end of the year isn't going to happen. And that would be a major downer for me.

Anyway - I keep saying this every day but (obviously) I'm having trouble with it: Gotta keep thinking positive. Everything is good. Everything will work out just fine. Just keep on keeping on.

Alright. Gotta get ready for work. Everyone keep their chins up, and eyes on the road ahead. It's a long road, but worth the journey.

:Lawrence

--
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

Ok, I am off my DH rampage. This morning he healed that wound with a "Ya know, the house looks very nice." So, I am over it now.....lucky for him

Watched a friend of mine's little one yesterday for a few hours, what a precious little thing! she is only a couple months old, so it was pretty tough I just love cuddling babies! No more for me though, I will just enjoy everyone elses as much as possible!

Well, gotta hit the shower before my 1st appt gets here!

Have a great day!
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #4  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Morning all,
Lil Feller woke confused this morning @ 3am! He was ready to go. Prolly cuz Daddy was up and out of the house by then. He FINALLY went back to sleep by 3:45 but was up @ 6am as usual. Thought I was catching a break there for a sec. Its all good though, I find I miss him @ night as he goes nite nite by 6pm. Yeah, I Miss him. Like he left. Der.
Food is a MAJOR struggle now. I was doing great 2 weeks ago and all has gone to **** since. I'm just gonna focus on resisting a gain til the holidays are over. My maintaining my will power is a fruitless persuit right now. I am having issues with all the shows I have booked! I SO WANTED TO BE UNDER 200 LBS BY NOW. Arggg. Like Led Zepplin said "its nobodys fault but mine..."
I on a positive, I am consistently walking again so at least my energy will increase again.
Oh...I finished Cruella in RECORD time. Must be my new drafting table.

I like her alot. I think the more I do the faster/better they are turning out.

I'm still undecided on just how decorated this house is going to be. ZAck is 14 and completely disinterested and Logan is kinda small yet. BUT then theres the whole baby's 1st x-mas with pics and such...oh we'll see how much help I can dig up.
Love and mushy stuff to all....
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #5  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

RR-- Hi
RX-- At the church I go to (Its called God Cares For You Worship Center) We Take part in a similar program. We put together shoe boxes. We collect stuff all year long 'cause after christmas everything goes on sale really cheap. and So do school supplys after school starts. Then in october, we all get togher, and we make piles of things then everyone gets boxes, and we put them together. Its fun. we put tooth paste, washclothes, soap, toys hard candy. gloves hats, you name it. They go all over the world, and 3rd world countrys. It just tugs at your heart, and makes you wish there was more that we could do.

Darcy-- awww, I just love sweet babys. I go from wanting another, to just wanting to hold other peoples baby, and being content with just one :sigh:
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #6  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Wow Stevi that was fast. Great job (as you already know) are they all in the pencil? I need to look into that it looks really cool. I can totally see your style in them. At this point, I am just a copier with no style of my own. It will come with time... I hope.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All, just a quick drop in. Both boys are home today...for good. Robby has some really bad diarrhea and Peter was asked to leave daycare today. They suck. I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I guess right now I'm just gonna be thankful that I'm not working.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Hey all! RR: I love your idea of the bandage weighing half a pound! You Rock! I'm pretty sure that may be the case! Wink...
I do have good news I got measured today at curves and I have lost 6.5 inches this month!

Last month it was 5.75 so to lose a additional 6 I was so excited!!!! Go me!

I hope everyone is doing good, Keep all your chins up!!! Have a great day and Thank all of you for all your support!
JennyMarie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #9  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Christie, Tink looks great! It's perfect. I was thinking that it was a little plain too but didn't want too much like the folder you showed me. I did get that check sent out. lol Finally! Thank you thank you thank you!

Stevi, Cruela looks great! As far as the decorations go, I'd do lots of lights and stuff to look at. He won't care too much about the actual presents but all the stuff to look at, he'll love! I think we're all having issues right now. It's the time of year. You'll make it!

Lauren sorry the kiddies are sick. Did they ask Peter to leave for good or just for today???

I've added will power dust to my sig for all of us to get through the holidays!! Hopefully it helps.
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #10  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Jenny, awesome on the inches gone! We were posting at the same time. Good for you!!!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #11  

Ok...with all the hair loss I had been experiencing I cut my hair rather short...My avatar has my new cut, its shorter in the layers. They start at the crown at about 2". I like it...However, I'm STILL LOSING MY HAIR!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!?! Should I just shave my head!?j/k

Christi~ They are the Pastel/colored pencils called Prima Color pencils. It takes a little getting used to as paint blends, smears and dilutes. They are soft enough to blend into each other but you'll have to fool with um for a while. Just do lil multiple character sheets at 1st. They are not cheap but nothing crazy either. The Pro pak with 101 pencils is about $100. You'll need additional White and Black ( at about $1.50 each here) for cartooning. Prisma also makes the "Blender" for them its a clear alcolhol marker found with the markers. Its a MUST for the darker shades to get that full wash of color. I used to Perfectly dupicate as well, its a really good sign you can do that. Now all you have to do is relax and make chages in specific areas at 1st. It comes together on its own and finally you do what you like (I.e. ALL of my characters have big wet lips and are MUCH prettier than the originals) JUnk like that.
Lauren~ What happened?? You and Lisa both right before X-mas?? Thats such a major drag!
Molly~ Your right...I didn't even think about howw much he'd love all the sparklies! I usually do a evergreen garland alll way round the living room and dining room....I have my work cut out now. Thanks for the reminder!!
DArcy~ Logan is already TOO BIG! I miss his little bittiness so much, Seens just 10 minutes ago he was just 7.2 lbs...NOw hes' 22lbs! **sniff**
Old 11-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #12  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

So Since I have backed out of selling the plaques on eBay, I was left a little down. I was hoping to make Christmas $$. BUT I was making my neices gift this morning, (It is a t-shirt with ribbon across the torso and matching hair bows. Its Tinkerbell again.) Well, I decided to list it on ebay as a custom auction. so I am happy again ) THis time I didn't create the actuall tinkerbell, so I'm not worried about getting sued
Well Molly, girl I am loving doing the paintings!! So thank YOU! Now I have to find the masks somewhere to copy (I;m a copy cat) If you have something imparticular in mind, email it to me
Stevi--I'm with Molly, I think Logan will love lights!! DH put some outside, and the worked for like 5ms and went out :sigh: guess I'll have to take 'em back. Thanks for all the tips, (very valuable IMHO) I am having a blast with all this painting : ))
Old 11-28-2006, 03:37 PM   #13  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

oh, and stevi, I am sure that your hair will stop coming out (anytime now) I think the hair cut was a great idea. I think having a baby when your older is just so much harder on your body then younger (Little sis had hers at 19 and 22 and bounced back quickly. I was 27 and am just now starting to feel like me again)
Old 11-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #14  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i'm exhausted

I'll post when I can...take care everyone!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:28 PM   #15  

Holy, Geez what a loud mouth..Talk, talk, talk..j/k
Christi~ Whatever your looking for, Use a search engine (Like ASK.com image search) or Photobucket. Then print it, I collect all kinds of cool stuff. And thank you, that makes sense and I'm feeling better about going BALD. Boo who