General chatter - OJ has been CANCELLED!

View Full Version : OJ has been CANCELLED!

cbmare
11-20-2006, 04:56 PM
I think TPTB at Fox realized that enough people were going to "tune out" that they did their "damage control" prior to the fall. They were searching for ways to boost ratings. 24 and Idol are the only successful shows they have. (at least that was their reasoning for airing OJ).

I, for one, am glad the the Brown's and Goldman's aren't going to be subjected to anything like this.

OK. OJ, get back on the golf course and keep searching for the killers.

kateful
11-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm glad, but he's already been paid for the book. He'll get his money and his much delayed justice at some point.

cbmare
11-20-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm glad, but he's already been paid for the book.

Maybe not. Publishers usually pay an advance and the rest comes when it sells. Hopefully enough people won't buy it and he'll owe some of the advance to the publisher.

Suzanne 3FC
11-20-2006, 07:21 PM
If enough books don't sell well, the publisher loses out, but the author keeps the advance. Hopefully there just won't be any future royalties. Unfortunately, that may not be the case because the advance orders have already bumped the book to the top seller lists on Amazon and BN. :(

I don't understand how Judith Regan can say she's pleased that she arranged for his children to be paid, instead of him. This made her feel good? Why didn't she arrange for the Goldmans to be paid, instead?

Is the book also being cancelled, or is it just the tv special?

watch_it_break
11-20-2006, 10:00 PM
granted, the goldman's should've also been paid... and perhaps his kids will see fit to share the wealth.

but look at it this way... at least it's not going to HIM.

happy2bme
11-20-2006, 11:03 PM
None of the bookstores like Barnes and Noble or Amazon are carrying it.

The interview on Fox has been cancelled too.

All I can say is :woohoo: :dance: