Old 11-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #1  

Question Confused with my plan. Help!!

Hello everyone!

I am new to LAWL and I have to say I am a bit confused

I was put on the "red plan 2" I belive it's called. However they know that I will not be using any of their lites or shakes, so the lady at the center told me to just cross them out of my book. Now I am confused because if I just cross them out that lowers my caloric intake and they didn't give me any food substitutions for not eating the lites, so this makes no sense to me.

Isn't there another plan that is for people that will not use the lites? they know that I will not use any and they are not pushing me because my stomach does not tolerate them well. (and I would be crazy to pay that much money for them)

Also in this red 2 plan, I am only allowed 2.5 proteins and way too many starches (carbs), 5 to be exact. I am afraid of eating that many carbs and so little protein. I am insulin resistant so when I eat more carbs than protein I feel very tired and I hate that feeling, is there another plan that allows more protein?. ...

Any advice, help, tips will be appreciated!
Luisa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:22 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Luisa, and welcome! I know that it all seems very confusing, bars or no bars, colors of plans, etc. You are on the right plan, even without the lites. Great call on not using lites, they would really mess with your insulin resistance. I am IR too, and I cannot handle starches without some protein. I would just suggest that you plan your meals with that thought in mind. Here is a sample:

Breakfast- 1 egg, 1 whole grain slice of diet toast, 1 fruit

Snack- 2 oz cheese, 1 fruit, 1 starch

Lunch- 1 protein, 2 starch, 2 veggies

Snack- 2 oz cheese, 1 fruit

Dinner- 1 protein, 1 starch, 2 veggies

I think that got all of the components in. Your starches should always be whole grain if possible, potatoes should be sweet, rice should be brown, etc. Apples and berries are your best bets on fruits. They have the lowest glycmeic load. Bananas are not a good choice. There is another girl on here, Erin, who is diabetic. She said once that she substitutes a tomato for one of her fruits every day, and she has already lost nearly 100 lbs. I know that it seems like a lot of food, but I am here to tell you that without all of it, you will not lose as much. Good luck!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #3  

Repo girl ~ Thanks for the advice. That is how I curently eat. I have lost 19 lbs on my own and I always make sure to eat proteins with my carbs and I try to eat everything from whole foods. I find that if I eat more than a certain amount of carbs I feel very lousy.

I was having lentils tonight with Turkey breast and so I called the councilor at the center since the book said that the serving for lentils was 2 cups! I could not believe it! I though it was a mistake in print lol. I asked if I could just eat half a cup or 1 cup at most because of the carbs in the lentils and she said that I had to eat the entire 2 cups and count it as protein! silly me went ahead and ate the 2 cups and felt very lousy after lol. Now I know not to do that again. I guess I will really have to plan my meals so that my way of eating fits with this plan, because I really think that is a good plan and I want to make the best of it without messing up my glucose and insulin levels again

Anyways thanks again!

By the way congrats of your weight loss so far!!

Last edited by Luisa7; 11-13-2006 at 07:45 PM. Reason: forgot to congratulate you :D
Old 11-13-2006, 08:18 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Luisa, thank you very much. I agree, I can't do beans either. Way too many carbs. You are smart to keep an eye on the glucose levels, since the body stores fat when you have sugar spikes. It is wonderful that you were able to drop the first 18 on your own. LAWL definitely is a plan that works if you work it. Have a great night!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:02 AM   #5  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Luisa-

Just so you know-if you were doing the lites-you would be on RED 1 (I was at your weight). But you went up a plan because you weren't doing the lites-they don't make any books without the LITES in them-so you have to cross them out of any book when you don't do the lites. Make sense? Also-there isn't a plan higher than RED 2 (except orange-which is for teens). But it sounds to me like you're on the right plan.

Also-the protein sizes are pretty large-took me some getting used to. Not really the same as on other diets. But it sounds like you're on your way to getting the hang of combining your foods.

Good luck!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #6  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemarie View Post
Luisa-

Just so you know-if you were doing the lites-you would be on RED 1 (I was at your weight). But you went up a plan because you weren't doing the lites-they don't make any books without the LITES in them-so you have to cross them out of any book when you don't do the lites. Make sense? Also-there isn't a plan higher than RED 2 (except orange-which is for teens). But it sounds to me like you're on the right plan.

Also-the protein sizes are pretty large-took me some getting used to. Not really the same as on other diets. But it sounds like you're on your way to getting the hang of combining your foods.

Good luck!
Yuo are right, I think that this is the right plan for me. I went to COD and they really explained to me the protein sizes and everything and all is good now
Thank you so much for your information!