Old 11-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #1  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

Default Gold plan

I was put on the Gold plan w/lites (well at least until I eat the vairety box). The only thing I had a problem with was the 3 servings of veggies. I like salads. I like to add alot of veggies to my salads and I hate that I would have to limit it. What is the harm in eating alot of veggies? She told me that if I chose the no lites plan I would get a different plan. What would that be? I am excited to start tomorrow. This TO juice gives me a headache.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Welcome Barb - I'm on gold with lites. Not sure what to say answer as far as "what is the harm in a lot of veggies?" - probably not a lot of harm but part of the program's success is teaching portion control, so maybe it's to teach us to measure and limit our portions.

Cassi's corporate COD says 3 CUPS of lettuce = 1 veggie; my book says 1 CUP = 1 veggie; so eat up on the lettuce without any worries.

If you don't do lites, you will probably go on the purple plan without lites. On the purple plan you get 1 more veggie serving and your protein servings are larger (e.g. on Gold we get 5 oz of cooked chicken; on purple you get 7 oz of cooked chicken).
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #3  
Barb on LAWL

Thank you for your reply. I think I am going to eat up on the lettuce with no worries. I will follow this the way it states, I just hate to have to measure out lettuce and such.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:19 AM   #4  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

Barb, If you are planning on not doing lites, I would get a food plan without them ASAP befor you become "addicted" to them. The new food plan counts 3 cups of lettus as 1 Veggie. From my understanding there are some older books out there still using the one cup count. As long as they are not starchy veggies like corn and carrots, I don't think going overboard a bit is really going to hurt you like going overboard on fats or starches. . .
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 AM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

yep, my cod gave me a revision sheet on several of the serving sizes, and lettuce was changed from 1 c. to 3 c. i can look for the sheet if anyone else is wondering what other foods changed, or you can ask your COD for the little revision sheet
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I actually scanned it so I would have it at work. If anyone wants it, PM me with their real e-mail address because I can't attach it to a PM. It's a PDF file.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #7  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I agree with Joni that it's about teaching portion control and not so much about restriction. That being said--none of us got fat eating lettuce. When you go to stabilization the first week gives you unlimited veggies. I say, if you are hungry and want more lettuce--go for it.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote