Old 11-13-2006, 05:07 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Monday Chat 11/13

That makes it easier Lauren since I dont get here but every couple days...
Karen--Have a great time!!!

Ok..lost 1/2 lb but that is better than before..Started walking at least 10,000 steps a day..I took a pedometer to work and it showed 3.8 miles by noon...we walk soo much at work...
Have a great one..off to work!!!
I attached a Halloween pic....Hope it worked
RR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Halloween4.jpg (46.3 KB, 15 views)
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Cool Back from a long weekend

Love the idea of daily threads. Much easier to "follow". Finally had a weekend where I wasn't running here and there and everywhere, but was a hunting widow so it wasn't all about me either. Spent most of the day with sil and mil (both days). It was nice as her four kids and my two play pretty good.

Tried a new quiche recipe - modified from about two other recipes. You could make it lower fat than I did (didn't have right ingredients), but I'll post it later regardless. I also tried a new (not low fat) coffee cake recipe that turned out ok. Cleaned out fridge of a lot of leftovers so had pizza last night and my gallbladder reminded me that I should go leaner on that. Eeks - lots of pain last night. Starting to look forward to the surgery.

Off to a meeting in a few, but hope to sneak on later.

Christina
missouripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning.

I tried a new dessert that may interest some of you. I made a box of Jello SF cheesecake pudding and added about 1/3 c. pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice (to taste, I didn't measure). Then I poured it into those tiny graham cracker crust tart pans. It was awesome! I don't have the info for the crusts, so I can't figure out the nutritional info. You could totally do it without the shell for fewer calories.

Christina: Hope you feel better soon. When is the surgery?

RR: She is so adorable! Can you believe the babies are almost four?
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Gallbladder surgery after the first of the year. Diagnosed with stones last summer and tried to reduce my symptoms with diet alone. I wasn't consistent enough to keep pain at bay, but I don't have enough in my Cafeteria plan to cover all the copays and coinsurance right now and I really don't want to be all laid up during the holidays when I have way too many other things to do. But it sucks butt for sure!

Christina
missouripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:28 PM   #5  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday!
Had a very exhausting weekend. Had rehearsal with the 80's cover band Fri. Ended up going out together to the new venue. All were extremely drunk except myself and our very sober Bass player. (Vomit and all!!! Sorry TMI) Saturday out AGAIN with my BBF and another friend. We ahve back to back gigs this weekend and very sort notice so I was out promoting attendance. Hit a few Kareoke bars. I'll sing a attention getter then plug the band and the location. Didn't get in til 3am then was up and out of tyhe house by 7:30am to Disneyland. My DH is freakin saint putting up with all this catting around at night. I ask him if its troublsome to him he says no, I want you to enjoy your music and be happy. What a guy. The character breakfast was fabulous. EVERY character came to our table and played with Logan. Got some great pics. He was all smiles. Chewed on DAles nose (from chip and DAle) He wasn't scared once. My lil man. Food was OUT OF CONTROL Sunday. Disney was just more tempting than I could stand. Was hardly worth it now. DH is doing really well though!! I'me very proud but I'm not holding my breath.
Off to finish laundry!!!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #6  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

kARENK Yummy! That sounds so good. Maybe the solution to my newly acquired pumpkin pie blizzard addiction...

Stevi: sounds like you had fun... I've never been to Disney.

Boy have I got a busy week ahead of me. We're haven't a program at church, that is put on by the youth and the youth leaders. I have to make 6 more aprons, and paint them. Make 12 "buckets of apples" Painted on poster board. Make a big sign that says fruit market. Paint a T-shirt. Continue practicing the lines for the play because half of the teens have bailed on us this time around, and now I have to play one of the key parts of the biggest skit. I don't think I've ever acted in my life, so this should be interesting... And to top it all, I am babysitting a 1yrold this week (she's a good baby though) : ))
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #7  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning checking in I like this daily Thread im feeling much better about having a little one i even think my husband's starting to like the idea GO FIGURE from a man who doesnt want kids LOL he said mine where enough
take care i'll check in later

Last edited by 707Goddess; 11-13-2006 at 01:53 PM. Reason: cant spell
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:03 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Michelle, glad you're adjusting! I can't imagine!

Christie, sounds like you have a busy week ahead! Should keep you out of the Blizzard's!

Stevi, You party animal!

Christina, sorry about the stones and the insurance plan. Hope you don't have too much pain.

Karen, That sounds delicious!! Will have to look for those ingredients! I cannot believe our babies are almost 4!! OK, nevermind that mine's the size of a 5-6 y/o...

RR, Cute, cute, cute! She's such a beauty! That's a lot of walking!

I'm home with a sick kid today. Robby's got an ear infection...I had a feeling. Poor guy is soo tired and miserable.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:16 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hello ladies! Hello to our rooster, RX too!

Well, feeling a little foggy today, ended up with a migraine yesterday and now just waiting for that beloved migraine hangover to clear out. I need to take some time for stress reduction to keep them away, I just get so caught up in all that I need to do that I forget me sometimes. I guess that is my brain's way of slowing me down.

Stevi~Sounds like a wild weekend!

Christina~Hope you are feeling better! I had my gall bladder removed in June of last year. The surgeon told me that losing alot of weight over a short period of time was likely what brought on the problem for me. About a year before, I had lost 40lbs in a little less than 6 mos~beginners luck. Gall stone (only had 1) was not so much my problem as was the bile duct itself, after the surgery they told me that it was only as big around as a piece of thread, not sure what that was about. They did it laproscopically, so healing time was fairly quick.

RR~Wow! 3.8miles before noon! How many steps are in a mile? I should really get a pedometer. I had one a while back, but I don't think that it was very accurate.

Karen~That sounds SOOOO YUMMY!! I am going to have to give that a try!

Christi~Good luck with the acting Debut!! You never know, maybe you will be discovered and it will lead to great things! Seriously though, I am sure that you will do great!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #10  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

ACK!!! DS#1 got sick Sat night, ds#2 has had a runny nose all weekend. This morning mom calls me and is sicker than a dog and now dh is home sick in the bathroom too!! WTH?? DD and I are the only ones who are healthy. I'm feeling a little bit coming on but I took my Zicam, Day-Quil, ate a banana and I'm going to have some OJ soon. I am so not getting sick!! There will be no one to watch the man if I come down with the flu too. Anyway...

Stevi, you are such a party animal! LOL I can't do that anymore. LOL I'm like an old lady. I go out once every couple months and then I have to spend an entire day recovering.

Christina, sorry you're feeling bad.

OK I'm outta here. I have to Lysol the house! LOL
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #11  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

I don't really have a choice given my newly acquired profession. It IS alot of fun. It gets tiresome when everybody wants you to stay really late and keep up drink for drink. I hear alot of whining that I'm not as fun as I was. I always tell them, Ok then you can get up @ 5:30 am with the lil feller and I'll sleep in! I'm working to keep it all in perpective as the dates are picking up considerably. Don't wanna tick DH off!!!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #12  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Lauren:
LOL good point. I am starving, but too tired to fix any thing to eat. Sorry your little one is sick. Ear aches are the worst

Darcy
LOL< I'll just be happy if I don't "fall on my face"

Molly: poor ya'll that really sucks.

I finshed two 1.5' tall buckets of apples and pairs, and a 5' tall crate of watermelons. I have the sign sketched out, and 2 more buckets/baskets of fruit sketched out. Boogers, I'm tired.
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Come see us on Tuesday's thread!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote