Old 11-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #1  
Maria

S/C/G: 182/180/135

Height: 5'2"

Cool Low Carb Worked Before

Hello all... I'm brand new today and I wanted to start communicating with any of you who have been successful with the low carb diets. I lost 15 pounds 5 years ago, and after going through a divorce, and being on Lexapro which made me gain weight, I'm looking to do it again. The problem is that I can't seem to make it past 10 days! Any ideas out there?

Thanks!
riacoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi and welcome, this is a great site for info. and encouragement. If you can make it 10 days , you can make it to goal. Just don't give up. If you have a bad meal or bad day, just hop right back on. We all do this at times. We struggle and pick ourselves back up. The weight will come off. Set some mini goals for yourself. Such as sticking to the program for a week. Getting more exercise. Drinking the water. Post here with the other Atkins members in our chat and get to know everyone. Best wishes for your success.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Low carb eating does work but...for it to be truly effective, you MUST make it a lifestyle change. If you can't make it past 10 days....you might want to reconsider if low carb is really the plan for you.

There are lots of great recipes online & lots of wonderful low carb cookbooks that may make it easier for you to stay on this way of eating.

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #4  
Maria

Hi lilybelle... thanks for responding. I am so inspired by your progress and your pictures. You look 10 years younger! I guess a big part of my success depends on counting my carbs, which I haven't done this time around. I guess I'm afraid of not having enough food, but I do remember having plenty the last time, so I shouldn't be worried about it. I often feel like I have so far to go that I'll never reach my goal, and that keeps me from staying on track at times. But I have started going to the gym and walking on the treadmill and using some of the weight machines, so that will help as well. I'll keep in touch here and draw my support from all of you online! Thank you!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

You are very welcome. I also had the worry that I might not get enough food. But, to me it seems that this isn't a problem with doing Low Carb. I get enough to eat and feel very healthy now. I use the recipe section on here a lot to come up with new food choices. I definitely plan to eat this way for life. I think it's very important to eat frequently and not let yourself get overly hungry. That is where the problem lies, when you will grab anything because you are so hungry. I know that this is a problem for me and if I need a little something, I'll eat it , even if I'm cooking dinner at the time. I can always eat less of the dinner. I have a thread on here where we track our daily carbs, if that would help you. I still write mine down everyday, even with being at goal. I know you think that you have a long way to go, but you really don't. I thought the same thing and had about twice as much to lose. It does come off and it is quicker with low carb than with anything else I have ever tried. (Just my experience.) I am diligent about my food and my exercise and this definitely works.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #6  
Maria

When my husband (former husband now) and I did Atkins 6 years ago, we had great success and actually laughed about how much food we got to eat. I know I eat emotionally, though, and that's where I can get tripped up. I don't need to be hungry to eat. In fact, usually I wait until I'm not completely stuffed anymore so I can eat more. But once I get on track, all that will stop because I won't be craving anymore. And you're right... once it starts coming off, it comes off quickly. I will check out the recipes here and will track my carbs too.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Riacoul,
There are many great low carb recipe sites online. One of the best can be found by googling Linda's Low Carb. There are many delicious recipes there, lots that are suitable for Induction and marked with a *

You CAN do this!!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 11-03-2006 at 05:29 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:56 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

riacoul!!

You've found a great spot for support!

I have a hard time staying past 3 weeks...just one of those things. I have to hit the recipe sites to come up with new things to keep my interest. But you can do this!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #9  
Maria

Thanks Robin! You can do this too!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:11 AM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Welcome and I also am an old success story who fell off the wagon and gained (I wish it was only 15 but more like 65!!) so we can venture this together
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:26 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hey, welcome back Sue!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Thanks, It has been a very rocky road for me this last year. I do hope to manage and get it the right way this time. Well at least almost right. I can not expect perfection. but I am darn near close! I still have been making it to the gym at least 3 - 4 times a week
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote