General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Default Another Biggest Loser thread

I don't care what people say about this game being fair because they measure the percentage of lost weight rather than the total lost weight. The men will lose weight faster in either category. They can file on the muscles faster. They don't have hormones to deal with. No TOM while at the ranch. They should have an all one gender competition.

This show is making me mad.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:17 AM   #2  
Domestic Engineer

Haven't they had female winners before though?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Kateful: You're 100% right. Did you see the numbers those guys were pulling in - uch - it's just not fair. It is not humanly possible for a woman to do that.

And how stupid was that guy on the red team, Wylie I think his name is for voting off the only other man on his team. The next time the red team needs to kick someone off who do you think those girls are gonna pick - helloooo - Wylie.

I also couldn't believe it they always mention this week and in the past week, but I really wasn't sure how long of a time period there really is in between weigh-ins - but I really do think it's only one week, because Caroline Rhea mentioned last night "in the six weeks since you've been on the ranch, you've lost so and so" Six weeks - I just can't believe all that weight in six weeks.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #4  
Headbanger

S/C/G: 225/218/180

Height: 5'9"

Did you see the preview for next week that said the contestants coming back have lost more weight than those on the ranch!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #5  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

How much weight in 6 weeks?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

And did you hear that TWO ranchers are going, not just one?? AT least that is how I understood it....
Old 10-26-2006, 11:57 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Jasmine: I can't recall the exact amounts but they were like insane, like one guy I think 72lbs, one maybe 68 another 58, maybe even more and the girls I really don't remember but it wasn't too shabby. Anyone else remember the numbers?

Rockergirl: Yeah, it's kinda hard to believe that people have lost more at home then on the ranch.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:45 PM   #8  
Headbanger

S/C/G: 225/218/180

Height: 5'9"

Some times I wonder about that show. I mean the validity of the numbers an how things work out. I find it interesting how it worked out that each team has the same number of members at the exact time they have decided to eliminate 2 people and bring 2 of the at home contestants to the ranch... What are the odds of that happening? Don't get me wrong, I think the contestants are going a great job and the are certainly losing a lot of weight. I just wonder how much the producers have to do with which team has to eliminate a member.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:25 AM   #9  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I just watched this week's episode last night (thank goodness for the DVR since it's on at the same time as Lost ). All I have to say is WOW. I think the numbers are real. I mean, why else would they all lose smaller amounts (5 pounds or less) one week, and then BAM! 7 from one girl, 9 from another girl, and in the teens from the men the next week. I think it shows the type of cycles our bodies all go through--how our weight loss can slow or stall for a while until we make some changes in our routines (like how 2 of the blue guys had to eat out all the time--even if they stayed around the same calorie amounts as usual, I bet they were shaking up their menus a bit...same with the guys who couldn't train with Bob for 3 days--even if they ended up burning the same number of calories working out alone, I bet they changed their routines a bit).

And my goodness Ken looks AWESOME today! I can't wait to see them all at the finale, after they've all gone home for a few months and then have to return.

One thing that made me mad is that I signed up for The Biggest Loser email newsletter thingy, and yesterday they sent me an email with the title something along the lines of, "We Said Goodbye to Ken in Last Night's Elimination..." but I hadn't watched the episode yet, so they totally ruined it for me All I wanted was their emailed diet and exercise tips
Closed Thread