Old 10-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #1  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Question Cruise to Lose

A while back I attempted to do the Body for Life eating/work out program; a friend did/does the program and has had amazing results (suffice it to say she's extremely dedicated to the lifestyle). Anyway, I still go to the BFL boards from time to time and they are promoting their 3rd annual BFL cruise for May 2007. I'm jealous and wish LAWL was planning a cruise and I may contact them to see if they are contemplating doing anything like this anytime in the future.

Anyone have any idea how groups get cruises? I'm thinking that any travel agent would be willing to pull this together, but I'm wondering if LAWL corporate would have to be involved?

Personally, I have only been on one cruise (Royal Carribean/Western Carribean) and LOVED it. I have to be on a huge ship since I do have motion sickness issues, but I did not have any trouble on the ship we were on. Never had to use my pills, wristbands, etc.

Last edited by Joni135; 10-25-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #2  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Joni, I too think that would be a great idea. I know that the Fat Flush Plan has an annual cruise too. Maybe I will ask my sister because she goes on an annual cruise with a band that she is friends with, maybe she has some insight. I would be game as I have never been on a cruise but would LOVE to go on one.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Joni - Cool idea! I think you need to have at least 10 cabins to get a group rate. I think that's what I was told when I booked our family (10 people) for our cruise in June. When I was on the cruise, there was a girl that was having her quinciera (sort of like sweet 16, but a coming out at 15 for the latin community) on the ship. They had the disco booked for certain times and a few other private get togethers. If LAWL corp did something, I'm sure it would be big. But if you are thinking of an LAWL/3FC thing, we could get with a travel agent to put it together. Both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale have very inexpensive cruises leaving all the time.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I PMd Suzanne at 3FC just to see if they had ever pondered something like this. We'll see. Boy, that would be interesting....a table of WW chicks; a table of South Beach chicks; a table of Fat Flush chicks....and the captain, of course, would be at the LAWL table!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

From the Royal Caribbean website...

Royal Caribbean recommends a travel agent to reserve your reunion. For more information or to reserve a package today, please see a travel agent or call (800) 205–9812, ext. 80805

Reunion Packages are offered on Voyager-family ships sailing Caribbean itineraries only. Prices are based on single cabin, double occupancy. Events will be scheduled by the ship and based on shipboard needs and requirements. Minimum of eight cabins to qualify as a group.

I know it says reunions, but it is also for weddings and other groups.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote