General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Great video by Dove

My friend sent me this. If you scroll over the model's face you get to see what they looked like before getting done up and the picture being airbrushed.

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.ca/bblank.asp?id=6899

On a side note . . . I watched ANTM the other night and I have decided that they are all by because they are hungry! And when they do eat they eat badly (ie. Cup o' Noodles and candy)
Old 10-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #2  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

That's brilliant, MauvaisRoux! I also really loved the Jamie Lee Curtis photo shoot where she appears totally natural in one pic and then after she's been glammed. I hope this link works.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/art...ype=columnists
Old 10-18-2006, 03:03 PM   #3  

The link does work!

That's a great shot of Jamie Lee Curtis. I think she looks good in both pics. That was a very brave thing for her to do in Hollywood.

I had to laugh the other day when I saw a pic of a celeb (Tara something-or-other, not a very good actress and mostly famous for her partying and dating Carson Daly). The tag line was how her plastic surgery and lip enhancement had gone wrong and that she would never look "normal again". . . ummmm... having a lip enhancement and a boob job made her look like a fake cartoon-like girl and that was what she considered normal?!?!?

Sad, sad, sad.....

I really dislike how the media makes women feel inadequate and that being yourself is just not good enough - I don't even bother with fashion magazines or women's magazines anymore as I am tired of being told that my thighs are too big, my boobs are too small, my hair isn't right, I'm not wearing the "right" clothes, I'm not sucessful enough, I'm not freakin' Betty Crocker etc, etc.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #4  
1st baby due 3/1/07!!!

S/C/G: 150/158/135

Height: 5.3

there's an actual video of it too, you see the model come in, you see them glam her up and then you see the photoshop effects. it's on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U&eurl=
Old 10-18-2006, 04:10 PM   #5  

Jinkies!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #6  

OH i saw this and loved it. My friend sent it to me at work. Beauty is so unnatural these days, everyone is airbrushed and nipped and tucked. Its absurd.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:47 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yeah this is a really innovative advertising technique. I like it.

I'm with you Mauv - the magazines are such bs. I specifically like it when one page is an article about an eating disorder and you flip the page and it's an article for another fad diet or exercises to give you the "perfect" *** or arms or whatever. It's especially infuriating when you flip a few more pages and get to their recipes section and it's all food that is not healthy at all! They are giving us all mixes messages, and they wonder why people are making themselves sick trying to fit some confused image of the perfect woman.
Closed Thread