Weight Loss Support - Im sad about this... hmmph

View Full Version : Im sad about this... hmmph

Ready2ShedLBS
10-18-2006, 01:03 PM
well.. I was looking for a new job and I saw that LA Weight Loss was hiring. Well I applied, got the job and everything.. only I cant take it because I cant afford a pay cut. $3 less an hour than I make now! YIKES! But Im sad:( because im so passionate about weight loss, and I know I can make a difference. Too bad eh? It is about the money.. I am a single mother and I cant afford to do it. If it was just me, I would do it in a heartbeat.. oh yeah.. and i would have a studio apartment, and I wouldnt have to grocery shop but once a month.. sigh.. hehe no.. I love love love my babies.. I was just daydreaming lol

rockinrobin
10-18-2006, 02:02 PM
No fair, $3.00 less per hour, oh well. It's pretty cool though how you were offered the job. I could understand how once you've lost the weight how passionate one becomes about weight loss. And you have made a difference, I was truly inspired about your jeans story in the other thread, so there you can make a difference. Oh one day to be in that position. You made the right choice though, you gotta feed those kiddies.

Rosario
10-18-2006, 02:45 PM
there's no way you can, maybe, negotiate your pay?????

healthytoad
10-18-2006, 02:51 PM
*ugh* $3 an hour can make a huge difference! Did you use LA Weight loss to lose? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the right job will come along.

And we are neighbors! I'm in Charlotte, down near Carowinds.

Ready2ShedLBS
10-18-2006, 06:44 PM
*ugh* $3 an hour can make a huge difference! Did you use LA Weight loss to lose? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the right job will come along.

And we are neighbors! I'm in Charlotte, down near Carowinds.

Right on.. I actually work there on the southside and no i didnt use LA Weight Loss to lose weight.. I just saw there were hiring and I was really mad at my job.. I work at the "telecommunications call center" there on the southside. They make me mad on the regular, but I just got a promotion so Im going to stick it out.. now that job at LA is 3.55 less lol than what I make now. haha.. its so cool that we are neighbors!! Are you married, kids?? Just wondering...

sotypical
10-18-2006, 06:53 PM
telecommunications call center........ been there, done that - but the pay was crap, any less then 50 cents an hour and we would of been below min wage! haha

congrats on the job offer :)

Ready2ShedLBS
10-19-2006, 11:23 AM
well where I work now.. the pay is decent but it just barely keeps me afloat.. there is no way I could take less money and be ok with it. I cant take $8.00 plus commission when right now I make $3.55 higher per hour, plus commission and my benefits are ridciculous.. ugh.. they make me mad alot but I swear that have me lol. I need them waaaaaay more then they need me

Inconceivable
10-19-2006, 11:33 AM
That sucks. But you're right - 3.55 an hour is a LOT of money, especially when you have kids. So sorry to hear you can't take the job!

healthytoad
10-19-2006, 04:43 PM
married, no kids..well.. 3 cats, 2 dogs...they think they count :)