WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 04:32 PM   #1  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Default stupid bbq!!!

Hey all! i went to this community event that was part potluck/part catered by this BBQ place. I did okay I think. I had a tiny piece (maybe 2 oz.) of beef brisket (no sauce), green beans, asparagus, a teaspoon of potato salad, maybe a 1/4 cup of this broccoli cheese rice, and a cup of fresh fruit. i figured everything at about 8 points. My book said 2 oz. of brisket is 6 points, but my piece was tiny and had no sauce. I compromised and counted it as 4 pints, lol!
I also had a piece of werther's hard candy caramel (0 points for 1 piece) so I wouldn't hit up the dessert table.
Oh, and I drank myself silly with water.
This was my first big "food" event where I couldn't plan the menu. What do you guys think, did I do okay?
Old 10-15-2006, 06:00 PM   #2  

It's hard to eat at something where you can't control the menu isn't it? I feel your pain, lol. I think you did really good, and the wethers was a great way to avoid the dessert, way to go!!

Hugs,
Donna
Old 10-15-2006, 06:34 PM   #3  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Thanks! I've been doing WW for only 6 weeks, and it's hard. I'm used to eating like a pig, lol!
Old 10-15-2006, 11:21 PM   #4  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

OH I know that eating like a pig feeling. I used to. I have been on the plan now for about 5 weeks and have lost 20 pounds. My dear hubby loves buffets and this morning we went to a breakfast buffet. I counted everything I ate and came up with 15 points...1/2 of the points for day. Luckily we ate about 11 am so I could skip lunch. Drank a ton of water and walked on the treadmill. Days total points....29. Woo Hoo. But I tell you what, if it had been a dinner instead of a breakfast, I don't know if I could have stayed within my points. I really didn't think I did that bad for breakfast while I was eating....1 slice of french toast with suger free syrup, 2 scrambled eggs, a real small piece of turkey sausage, and a 1/4 cup of hash browns. Sure didn't seem like a lot..but the points sure added up fast. It didn't even completely fill the plate. In the past I would have had 2-3 heaping platesful. No wonder I am a B-I-G gal.
Closed Thread