Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #1  

Default WW...Again

I have found WW to work best for me. So here I am again. Maybe the third time is the charm. I am really doing it on my own. I am just using the stuff I had previously rather than rejoining a group. It's too hard to commit to going to a meeting every week then having to pay to rejoin. Its easier to do it on my own and find support in other ways. I restarted 3 weeks ago, this will be my 4th week and I have lost 5 lbs. Slow start but I was at a standstill for about 4 weeks until then. What I enjoy about WW is that I incorporate more fruits and veggies in my menus because they are the low points food. It teaches me to eat better. I love the structure of it too.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:12 PM   #2  
Starting over once again

Hi butterfly! I just started WW for the third time again too!! I am going to the meetings though. I need accountability. If I know that I HAVE to lose or someone will know about it, then I am more likely to do something about it.

Tonight, our leader told us to make a list of ten reasons we wanted to lose weight. I did & now it's hanging on my refrigerator.

I'm excited & know that this time is going to be THE time! It will be for you too!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #3  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

There must be something about the 3rd time....because this is my 3rd time doing WW. I am doing it at home as well...without the meetings. I guess 3rd time is the charm. I am positive I am going to succeed this time. I am using Yahoo groups and 3fc for my support. I am doing real well...it has been a month and I have lost 15 pounds. The first time I did WW I was going with some friends from work. It was more about us spending time together outside of work. Second time I went with a friend....again it was about spending time with friends. Now I am committed to making this work. I am not looking at this as a diet..but as a lifestyle change. Cancer runs real deep in my family...so this is my way of taking at least one risk factor off the table.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:20 PM   #4  

Somehow I do know this time is the one. Because I am not going to the meetings that is specifically why I came to the WW boards here on 3FC. 3FC gets me through the night most times. I wake up early and go to bed late so that can spell trouble when you are working on a lifestyle change. I get on this computer and read posts and reply and it distracts me. I'm working on getting my BP down and getting in a range of weight where I am not considered obese. Overweight is the goal now then normal weight. I wish you both the best.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #5  
A matter of time

Oh can I relate. My hubby doesn't eat at all duting the day. He does nothing but eat from the time he gets home to the time he goes to bed. And I want to eat right along with him. I don't know how he has done it. By all rights he should be gaining but he has been lossing. I am learning to make better choices this time though. It is more of a lifestyle change than a diet.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:32 PM   #6  
cindy0129

Height: 5'1

Post WW......Again

Wow, Can I relate to all of you. I have tried, and tried again. I have been reading daily post everyday and wondering what I could add. I hope I can get the support I need to keep me on track. I also, have been a member of
weight watchers several times. I never seem to be able to lose the weight I need to lose. With several health related problems and a nephew that will getting married in June 2007 I need to try once again.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #7  
A matter of time

Best thing you can do is find support. And there is a lot of it on these boards. We have all been there, done that. Wishing you luck
Old 10-14-2006, 10:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi. I have started back for the 3rd time at WW, too. I have been going for 3 weeks now and have lost 11 pounds. I was dieting before then, but kept getting off track. I have lost a total of 32 since Jan. 1.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:03 PM   #9  
A matter of time

Congrats on finding you way back to WW and on the weight loss.

WI day for me today. I almost fell over...another 5 pounds. That makes for a total of 20 pounds now. Halloween goal was met last week. Only another 10 and I will have Biggest Losser goal and another 20 to New Years Goal.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #10  
Starting over once again

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one doing this the third time around. My sis lost 85 lbs on WW the first time she was on it. I mentioned this to the leader Thursday night & she said that it took her four times to finally get to her goal.

Today is my daughter's 8th birthday but I didn't mess up like what I normally would. She has Celiac Disease and cannot have wheat products so there is not any leftover cake to contend with. That's a plus! However, there is plenty of ice cream since she wanted sundaes for her birthday.

Sweets don't tend to be my problem... bread & chips are a different story though!
Old 10-15-2006, 04:46 PM   #11  

I know everyone has different foods that are their downfalls. Mine are cereal, wheat thins, peanut butter, and vanilla ice cream. If I try to deprive myself that makes the situation worse so I only try to have one in here at a time. What I have noticed is that for the most part I only buy peanut butter now because with the other ones it is more difficult for me.

I know I will lose a lot of weight on WW but I do have two concerns: holidays and as you lose weight your points go down. I use flex points on a daily basis. I know I really need to prepare myself. I am going with my parents to visit my brother and sister-in-law in Florida for Thanksgiving. I have to plan, plan, and plan. I will most likely go grocery shopping while there. My brother is healthy he is a teacher, coaches football, and is a personal trainer during the off season for football. But you know everyone has different tastes for food. I won't let him train me though because I have heard stories. I will try to find out where the nearest Bally's is and take some dvds with me to use. Despite all these plans I still can't help but worry. One day at a time.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #12  
A matter of time

natenkayliesmom congrats on doing well at your daughter's birthday party...and wish her a happy birthday from me. I have found that when hubby eats junk I can find a healthier choice for me. He eats chocolate...I eat chocolate yogurt. He eats ice cream...I eat an apple, grapes and dip them in vanilla yogurt. So when he gets the munchies I can munch right along with him...only healthier.

72butterfly I feel your pain. I was scared I was going to mess up when my points were lowered, but I am doing ok. If I get hungry I find some pickles or something else lower in points. When you go visit your family for the holidays, make wiser choices. It is the holidays and everyone gains weight during them. Just make better choices and if you have to have the sweets or what ever have a little and count the points. Don't beat yourself up if you do gain a pound or 2. Like YOU said..take one day at a time.
Closed Thread