Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Default anybody's workplace have them working out?...

so, the place I work for is really jumping on the bandwagon (yay!) and trying to help people get a better understanding of being healthy - and being that we are a worldwide / global company - we have 5 of our sites doing this "walk around the world" program with a total of about 450 people worldwide participating.

this morning, we all got pedometers and walked around the perimeter of our building and we are trying to get in 10,000 steps a day. so far, I have 2,500 and it's only 10 a.m.!

i'm excited because I'm a team leader (and i even have our president on my team! - there's about 6 people per team)

but I'm also re-joining my 24 hour gym this weekend...can't wait to hit the treadmill again! lol...

but I'm really excited! i LOVE the idea of a bit of a competition and being that I've always been an exerciser AND i REALLY need to get back on the bandwagon myself - both with going back to WW meetings and the gym...it's just an extra push to really get me going.

anyone else's workplace do something like this?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My sisters workplace does - I am so jealous! They host noontime yoga classes and after-work bootcamp. Not to mention that if you go to the bootcamp more than a certain number of times a week, you get a discounted rate on your health insurance...what an incentive!
Old 10-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #3  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Yep. I work for a hospital and if you do a certain number of activities per year [they can be diet, or exercise related, or even having a lipid profile done counts], you get $125.00. Cool.

They also have a pedometer program and now I know how many steps a trip to my car is worth and have begun parking as far away as I can. To get those steps in, you know! Our Cardiac Rehab gym is open to us all night after 5pm for free so I'm trying to stop in after my shift for a little work out.

Definitely a perk to have such a serious program. They have WW at work too, but not on my shift.

Ipa
Closed Thread