Old 10-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Default June 9th Goal-Quickly Approaching

I started LAWL the 4th of August at 202.8, but I am now only about 186. My goal is to get to 124 before June 9th- wedding. So I recently was moved down to the gold plan and have been working out about 5 hours a week, and saving my veggies and fruits for dinner and late night snack respectively. My COD explained to me that she was losing about 3-4 lbs doing this, plus exercising, but I am not losing as quickly as I expected with this "huge change." Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone began exercising and had their WL increase as a result. I am doing the gym, plus classes such as water aerobics, and kickboxing, but will not do weights until I am closer to goal. Please help..I am beside myself. Would eating more make the weight fall off more quickly?
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

Maybe your building muscle with all that workimg out, sometimes your body takes a litle time to adjust when your doing something new, give a couple more weeks and see where you are, good luck.
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #3  
Shannon

Height: 5'3"

I'd say at 186 and working out 5 hours a week that you should still be on purple. The golden rule is 4 hours of working out you go up a plan. If you are stagnant another week I would say you need to go up a plan.

I just went through this with my COD I was working out an avg of 3 hours a week on purple and not losing. I got them to put me up to red (it was a bit of a fight) last week and from Wed to Sat I lost 3.4 lbs after not losing anything the month of september.

The more you work out the more food your body will need. Plus water becomes so important. You should have a litre before working out, a litre during and a litre after. I personally average about 4 L of water on the days I work out. Need to feed those muscles water so that they don't retain fluid.

Hope this helps.
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #4  
Shannon

Height: 5'3"

p.s. I also kicked my workouts up a notch (only cardio too) and got in 5 hours of cardio this past week.
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Buffy - Many of the girls on the board have gone through what you did. Shannon is the perfect example. You may not be getting enough food to fuel your body with the workouts, and in response your body is holding on to everything it can. If you don't lose this week, you might want to ask to be moved to purple.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Thank you, ladies i was thinking maybe I should do that, but for some reason the cod is like..be careful not to exercise more than 5 hours..you don't want to be moved up, do you? She was implying that it might be too much food for me..but I don't think it would be.
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Buffy - YOU are the customer, THEY are merely a guide on your journey. What worked for one of them may not work for you. Worst case scenario is you don't lose weight on purple and you go back down to gold.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote