Old 09-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Walking...walking...

I am just not a person who exercises...willingly. UGH!

I have been sedentary sitting my butt in front of this computer and really reaping the ill health rewards because of it.

My doctor would like to see me get in about an hour of exercise a day. But he says I don't have to do this all at once. I am seeing 20 minute chunks of time as do-able. Walk ten minutes one direction and then 10 minutes back. Perhaps after each meal.

So I am walking...walking.
vikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:13 PM   #2  

Good for you! Keep up the good work! I am finding that walking is becoming a habit for me...and I really DO enjoy it. I walk 30 minutes minimum almost every morning. Used to be, if I skipped a day, I had a hard time getting back into it. Now, looking at the benefits to my bg levels, it is awfully easy to get out and walk, even after a day or two off!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:24 PM   #3  

Just did my 30 minute walk to my iPod and Bonnie Raitt. Yehaw! that is get up and go music.

Tested my BGL when I got back...74!
Old 10-14-2006, 11:18 PM   #4  
banned

Viki,

keep walking. The ipod idea is great, you can walk and listen to the music or use it as a learning exercise. You can walk and listen to some learning courses
JackHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:46 PM   #5  

Thanks Jack! as a matter of fact I do also download some great podcasts and books to listen to.

I also have a whole series on learning spanish in podcasts.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #6  
Lifetime Loser

I am doing the Leslie Sansone Walking DVD....walk a mile at a very brisk pace in 15 min. and I can do it in my air-conditioned house in front of my TV. When the temps are cooler and humidity is gone I will walk outside too. I do walk my Doberman at a good clip for 15 min. each night. (I should say he drags me around for 15 mins. lol) Phyllis
floridarusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #7  

I know what you mean when you are walking your dog LOL. I have 2 goldens. Shelby (10 yrs) walks perfectly at heel and is so well behaved. But our younger pup Cooper (1 1/2 year old) is the Tasmanian Devil on leash. I am starting to get control of him after watching "The Dog Whisperer" on National Geographic. But we were a hysterical sight to see when we first started walking him.

I am glad for their company on my 2.6 mile walks.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

I love walking out now... and since I passed my test and got a car I know drive to some of the nice parks in the North West and walk my Jack Russell for hours... it's great fun. Not only getting exercise but I feel better if I take time out on my own!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote