Old 09-30-2006, 06:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.4/199/155

Default The morning after...motivation to not go off

Okay, I went off plan last night- I will spare you the details. Suffice it to say that my entree had a cream sauce and I had a hot fudge sundae for dessert.

First of all, after the first bite, the stuff did not even taste that good. It seemed too rich, too greasy and too salty. The ice cream tasted funny and the only thing I really liked was the whipped cream and unsalted peanuts on top. I am really into unsalted nuts now by the way.

Isn't it weird how our taste buds change?

Anyway, man do I feel sick today. I feel like I have a lead balloon in my stomach and like I had five drinks last night (i had one small glass of wine)

May this be a reminder the next time I go out to eat.

Get me some water quick!
Cheekyamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

I certainly can relate. A few weekends ago I had 1/2 bottle of wine and I paid for it by not losing weight and feeling so defeated. Have not had any since. Last night, those tv ads were just calling out for me. It seems everyone is either food or car commercial. I wanted a pizza so bad. It was very close for me to give in. Some days, I just can't stand the plan. Hopefully, today will be a better day for both of us.
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #3  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

I have said that all along, nothing is as good as I remember it now that I have been away from it. I just have to keep telling myself that, because when the temptation is right in front of me, I forget. Thanks for the reminder, I am going to a party tonight and I am sure there will be temptations there.
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #4  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I found that almost anything I'd eaten before makes me feel sick. I feel bloated and overfull for hours or even into the next day. It is never worth it.

I made a pact with meself that if I was going to eat something not on plan, especially eating out, it was going to be *worth* it. I was going to be the best quality possible. If I was going to eat Italian, it would be at the mom and pop place downtown that I love more than any other food. If I was going to have asian it was going to be my favorite thai restaurant that uses only fresh vegetables and no animal fat that tastes sublime. If I'm going to have any food that is not on my plan it is going to be expensive and the best that best can be. It is just not worth it otherwise. Of course, this also means I can't afford to cheat, so go figure.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote