Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-14-2006, 08:37 PM   #1  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm BACK (and 8 lbs came with me!)

Hi everyone ,

I'm back after quite a loooong time, so I dunno who will remember me! I figure it's been about 8 months, which fits nicely with the (yikes) 8 pounds I've gained since I was last here! Long story short, I took a crazy job with crazy hours and have had a crazy life for a bit. But now I have a new job, new (normal) hours, and now I need to give myself a swift kick in the backend to get myself back down to goal weight.

Missed you gals!!!

Love, Kate
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Kate! Welcome back. Sounds like you'll be back in the swing of things in no time.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:54 PM   #3  
Meg

Wow, Kate, it is so great to see you again! You've definitely been missed around these parts. I can't even count the number of times I've thought about you and hoped all was well.

Don't beat yourself up about the eight pounds, cuz you know it could have been a whole heck of a lot worse.

We're looking forward to more of your awesome posts.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #4  
Working My Way Back Down

Kate! I was wondering where you were the other day. Welcome back to the normal world (with all that entails!) Glad you had sense enough to get out of a job that was making you crazy. What's up with you besides 8 pounds - which btw will be gone in no time I'm sure!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

I was actually thinking about you the other day, glad you are back!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:28 AM   #6  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

I've missed you!!! Welcome back! 8 pounds...no biggie, girl!! You'll take it off.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:40 AM   #7  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

I just joined, so I don't remember you But I wish you luck and hope you lose those 8lbs plus more! Good luck!
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:26 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

YAY! It's Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I missed you

8lbs is nothing - I'm blimped up 8lbs too, and I didn't even get to goal yet!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:22 AM   #9  

Hi Kate:
Welcome back. Those eight pounds will be gone in no time.
Good Luck
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #10  

Hi kate,

Glad you are back. Time surely flies.. I cannot even imagine that it has been 8 months!!! only 8 punds gain in 8 months sound good to me, I gained about the same over the holidays & month after, still getting myself back on track..

Good to see you back!
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:40 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im so glad your back Kate. I actually went looking for you about 2 weeks ago on the board, because Ive always found your posts so motivational.

So Welcome Back!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #12  
Mel

Hi Kate You sure have been missed! I kept wondering where you disappeared! Missed you and your great posts!

Welcome back...I'd say hello to the eight pounds, but I'm sure you've already got a plan for saying goodbye to them

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:03 PM   #13  

{{{{Chickies!!}}}}

You gals are the best!! I've really missed having a connection with everyone here -- such a FABULOUS group of chickies!

And I have to say I've learned a few things during my (chaotic) time away -- things that I think we all know already, but I just have to share anyway:

1. As our beloved Mods ALWAYS say, it IS easier to lose than to maintain. Bummer, dude .

2. The world is NOT BUILT FOR THOSE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT.

3. Taking just one step off-track with exercise, food, etc. is a tricky proposition that needs CAREFUL prior planning. In other words, saying to oneself "I will buy this jar of peanut butter so I can eat it sparingly on a sliced apple every now and then as a healthy treat" can lead to one eating the whole evil jar in one evening.

4. One must always be on guard against one's trigger food. Please see #3 above.

5. Last but not least, no matter how long one has been "on-plan" those pesky bad eating habits still lurk. After all, those bad habits have probably been with you waaaay longer than the good ones...so beware.

So that's my wisdom for the day!!

Thanks for all your awesome thoughts! It feels great to be welcomed back so warmly!

Old 09-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #14  

Default ne

I'd also just like to add something else (you know me, once I get started writing it's hard to stop!)

Two weeks ago I finally got up the courage to weigh myself for the first time since...well...maybe January. I KNEW I'd gained some weight, but I didn't want to know how much. Anyway, when I saw 150 on the scale I was bummed. I told my trainer and she said, "Are you surprised you gained?" And first I said "no," but then I changed my mind and said, "Yeah, I'm kinda surprised, I mean I haven't gone THAT far off track."

I knew my eating was "not as good" and that my exercise "wasn't what it used to be," but somehow I didn't think all that added up to gaining a pound a month. Exercise-wise, I'd slipped down to weights twice a week (from three times) due to my absurd schedule, which made 3 times a week literally impossible. I'd also gone from 20 - 30 mins cardio three times a week to 15 mins twice a week. At the same time, I slipped back into my pasta-for-dinner 2 - 3 times a week habit and really let the protein level drop. Not to mention the fact that I started skipping breakfast again.

So the bad news is that I've gained weight. But the GOOD news is that due to my multiple slips (not to mention my scale-denial) I've learned a valuable lesson about what exactly I need to do -- and NOT do -- to maintain. And chickies, I have to say that (for me at least) it's all in the DETAILS. And, sadly, it's gonna be a lifelong struggle for sure.

PS: I am no longer permitted to purchase peanut butter.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesBassets View Post
In other words, saying to oneself "I will buy this jar of peanut butter so I can eat it sparingly on a sliced apple every now and then as a healthy treat" can lead to one eating the whole evil jar in one evening.
This is why ice cream is not allowed in my house.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote