Old 08-30-2006, 02:45 PM   #1  

Default Counselors In-experienced At La "diet"

Ok, I joined one week ago and today, had my second counselor, (I've only had 3) that did not do the diet! What's up with that? I don't feel very confident in their "counseling".
jsgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:15 PM   #2  
susanb1960

S/C/G: not sure yet

Height: 5'7"

The counselors are not really counselors more like sales people in my experience. I have tried LAWL and found most of the young girls in my case never even had a weight problem. They just try to see you the vitamins, bars etc... Sorry but that's what I experienced. Maybe you could talk to the manager.
susanb1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:46 PM   #3  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

I find that odd, Every counselor in my center is a previous LA-Dieter, all with before and after pictures in their office.
Even the new girl, who is absolutely the perfect success story, she was 200, now 128, with before and after pictures that are breathtaking.
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:19 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

My center has a mix; the best gal is a true success story and very knowledgeable. The others don't push products very hard, but try to help as much as possible. Every center is different and if they cannot find successful LAWL customers to work at the center, they have to get help somehow.

Also, my center is a franchise AND a training center, so a number of counselors come and go, but 3 of the ladies have been there since I started about 12 weeks ago.

Last edited by Joni135; 08-31-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:24 AM   #5  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Not only are the counselors at my center new to dieting, they also bounce around from center to center a lot. I did the LAWL a year ago for about 3 months and in that time the entire staff was replaced three times. They do know about LAWL, but I know I have friends who have quit because they disliked the counselors. I had them write on my chart "No Hard Sell". It was just a turn off and I had them do it at my first session. And they have respected my wishes.
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

My center also has a mix of people. And I've been fortunate that there is not too high of a turnaround. The assistant manager was a client herself at one point.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234.4/199/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgoddess View Post
Ok, I joined one week ago and today, had my second counselor, (I've only had 3) that did not do the diet! What's up with that? I don't feel very confident in their "counseling".
I personally consider them less as counselors and more like scale keepers. It's pretty hard for a 20 year old such and such to be very convincing to old me!
Cheekyamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/134

Height: 5'3

The only real downside to LA is the turnover of the counselors. Seems like as soon as you find one you can really connect with, they leave. I feel bad for the new ones though--they know that we dont like/trust them haha. I've been thinking about working there, its been offered but I'd be nervous to deal with that! But I know I appreciated that the counselors had mostly done program or were still on it...always gave some hope.
morgaine13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #9  

I would have to agree with most of you. I am really beginning to feel quite offended when I go now because they end to spend more time trying to sell me more products than they do giving me advice on losing more weight. So far, the good thing about LA Weightloss is that I have been given the information as groundwork to losing.
weightloss115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #10  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Just ask them to put a big note at the top that you so not want the sales pitch--you know what they have to offer and if you want anything you will ask. Worked for me. Where in Texas are you??
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

I think you have to remember that it is a business, and the primary goal is profit. With that in mind, I think you can become more resistant to the sales pitches.

I do think, though, it is good practice to "throw them a bone" and buy something once in awhile. Yes, you may have spent a ton of money on the program up front but as time passes, an occasional sale will remind them that you are customer who has invested in the program.

It's a give and take thing when you are dealing with a business.

Also, I have found it very helpful NOT to become too close to any counselors. Sure, I have preferences but I am following this program for me. I will not allow any kind of attachment to counselors undermine me. In that same line of thought, since I view the counselors as "business people", rather than friends, if some get particularly snarky (I think it happened once), I just don't let it bother me and it blows over.
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote