Old 08-28-2006, 11:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Looking for a Good Detox Program

Hi Everyone!

I am just wondering if anyone has a good detox program that they can summarize without me having to go out a buy any book or a whole bunch of pills and stuff. I am open to alot of things.

I am wanting to detox before I start my program. I want to detox to not only lose weight but also to get all the garbage out of me.

Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

Thanks!
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:09 AM   #2  
it's always something

It depends on what you mean by detox. A lot of diets have a "phase 1" which is supposed to detox you, but by that they mean a break from refined carbs such as sugar, and highly processed foods. It's supposed to cut your cravings for the bad stuff, to make it easier to stick to the next phase. This usually lasts for 1 or 2 weeks. South Beach, Sonoma, and Fat Smash all have this sort of phase, and each is a little different.

If by detox you mean cleaning out your bowels, that's something that has become popular based on myth and misconceptions. The experts tell us that our bodies don't need to do that because we are naturally self cleansing, and we don't build up toxins. We have a lot of topics on this in our "Does it Work" forum if you'd like to take a look.

Hope that helps
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you want to clean all of the garbage out of you-the best way is to stop putting it in, and let nature take it's course. Stop any drinking alcohol, any smoking, and the eating of highly processed foods. Focus on healthy, whole foods such as fruits, veggies, oatmeal, lean proteins, etc. and that is the healthiest and easiest detox there is.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the input!
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:42 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

Recently I have heard alot about the Master Cleanse which is also called the Lemonade diet. Type Master Cleanse and you will get many sites available to you with the recipe, what to expect, etc....There are forums to so you can ask questions about it.

Good Luck!
chazmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

The Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet is EXTREMELY unhealthy. You are NOT getting vitamins as the websites say (It is basically starving yourself and drinking nothing but a mixture of water, lemon, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper.) Really...how is drinking this for 5-40 days getting you nutrients? Little vitamins other than C in the lemon juice...no fiber...no calcium...no protein.

It is not healthy...you will lose muscle mass...and the weight loss will be mainly water weight and your muscle. I wouldn't try it.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Good Detox Diet" is an oxymoron!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote