General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 07:10 PM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Today's Dr. Phil Show

Did you all happen to watch today's Dr. Phil Show?? It was about Unforgettable Weight Stories. Well I only caught the last half where they had this woman who I could really connect with. A lot of the things she felt, I have felt before.

It really opened up my eyes to what I am doing. Well what I WAS doing. I need to recommit myself to a healthier lifestyle or otherwise I may not be around much longer.

My main goal is to begin exercising. I have not yet because its very hard for me, but that is no excuse anymore! I am going to break out my WATP Dvd and Finally begin, AGAIN! I have already began with little tiny baby steps, eating healthier, although I KNOW I can do a lot better!!!!!!

I want to do this to LIVE, not just to "look" better, but to FEEL better! And you know what? I'm going to drag my family with me! lol. My fil has been told by his dr that he will no longer put him through anymore studies unless he loses weight. (my fil has Hep. C so his dr in the past has put him in studies so it is low or no cost to treat his Hep. C) So we have been thinking about what to buy our in-laws for an Anniv. Bday, and Xmas gift (they just bought us a new bed for ours) So we was thinking about joining a gym and I told hub that since fil needs to lose weight, per his dr., that maybe that might be a good gift! We could get a family plan at the gym. I doubt my mil would use it, but you never know. She is disabled and yes I know that she limited in what she can do, but I think if she went to the gym, they could help her find things she could do and lose weight too. But I am not going to push her into it. Because I know, at least for me that does not work. She has to do it because she wants too.

But I am thinking once she sees her Best friend (she just had Gastric bypass surgery), her husband (fil), her son (my husband), and me all losing weight, then maybe that will "motivate" her to lose too? her Best friend is already up and walking every single day! She is a true inspiration to me because she has had so many problems with her health..........and she is older than me...........So I figure if she can do this, than so can I! Only I am not going to have the surgery done. (at least not yet) She HAD to have it because she had such extreme health problems. I am not against the surgery at all, infact I have wanted it, but my dr and my family wants me to try more on my own first. So that is what I plan on doing.

As many have said in the WLS thread *I have read through some as I am interested in the WLS*, WLS is a TOOL and you need to use the tool correctly, for it to work. I see my mil's best friend really using her "Tool" very well and I wish her all the best as well as everybody here, if you have had WLS or even if you haven't. We can all do this, together!!!!!!

Anyways. I thought I would share, if you go to Dr. Phil's website, you can see what was on todays show.

***These are all just my personal humble opinions and not meant to hurt or offend anybody! I wish you all WELL!***

and to all!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:53 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I tried to watch Dr. Phil show yesterday, but company arrived. I hated to miss it. I love to see inspirational stories on weight loss.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:09 AM   #3  
~Believe~

Yeah the first lady I missed. She lost a lot of weight, but had a lot of excess skin. But the second lady really "touched" me because I saw a lot of her in me.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sassy - I missed it! It sounds like it was a good show.

I think your gift idea is great! I would check with the gym to make sure there are things for your MIL to do and also ask if they would be interested before spending the money in case they don't want to go.

It would be great if you and your DH went together. My husband and I go to Bikram yoga classes together and not only are we getting exercise, we are spending some quality time together and supporting each other in our weight loss efforts.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:41 PM   #5  
~Believe~

Thanks. Yeah we thought it would be a good gift idea. There are tons of things there for each of them to do, its just if they would be willing to go. I'm afraid if we "ask" them first they will say no because they will tell us, "they don't want us spending our money on them" (they say this A LOT) lol.

So I think we'll just see how much more expensive it is and see if we think its worth spending the extra $$$ to have them able to go. We might just us join for now and then that might get them interested.

Also I am applying for a job that if I get the job, I will get a discount at the gym we are thinking of joining. But there is no guarantees on me getting that job and I don't wanna wait, so maybe they will apply the discount even if we are already members. If not I could get it the next time around.

Our health is too important I think to wait on something that may never happen. I think if we get out and moving that will make a huge difference, not only on just our bodies outside, but also on the inside too, emotionally and everything.

I know when I used to go to the gym, I always felt so much better afterwards. I would go everyday after work and work out and usually I would feel so tired BEFORE going and after going I always had loads of energy!

I think is exactly what both hub and I need! I think that it would help the in-laws out too, but I know I can't force anybody to go to the gym.

So we will see. At least it will help hub and I out...............
Closed Thread