Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-14-2006, 10:38 AM   #1  

Default I'm New!

Hello, I'm new, but by no means new to compulsive overeating. I've actually been dealing with it for 3 years and my weight has shifted so many times. I am stuck in a cycle of being binge free for a week or two and then just giving in and having a couple binge days. It is so frustrating because I want to just quit completly. Anyways, I am so glad that I found this site because I need a place to get out my feelings.
Thanks for being here!
chelsea008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi there and welcome! I'm sure you'll find wonderful support here
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hello and welcome. I have that same kind of problems. I do great for a couple of weeks and then one little thing can set me off. Weekends are my weakness. During the week i am at work and too busy to think about it. Once i get home and wander around the kitchen, it is just terrible. I eat a little of this, a little of that, and before i know it dinner...it just goes on and on. I am still better than i used to be but the scale tells on me at the end of the week. The damage i do over the weekend takes me til wed or even thurs to get that weight back off. Then i just have a day or two before my weekly weigh in. Very frustrating. Just so you know, you are not alone.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #4  
Detangler

Oh yes, wandering the kitchen...it draws me like a moth to the flame on some days.
Welcome to the boards! I'm a newbie too. So glad I found this place--I never realized there were people I could identify so closely with.
_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Chelsea, welcome! It's great to have you join us.

_knot, you, too!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/260/187

Height: 6'0'"

Default Hi I just registered today too!

I just got back from the natural foods coop this morning and was searching for some inspiration and here I am. Does anyone have experience with detox diets? I feel basically like crap for the last year or more and decided to try to kick start things with a 9 day detox--no sugar dairy wheat gluten, corn, or caffeine. And no high fat, food additives, yeast or alcohol. Hopefully I can lose a few pounds, and, more importantly, feel better and motivated to change my life. We shall see.
Any advice and inspiration is welcome!!
jenniferangenet is offline   Reply With Quote