Old 08-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/139

Height: 5'8" / Female

Question inches vs. lbs ???

I haven't lost any weight for about a month or so, BUT my clothes do feel a little looser (especially pants) SO, of course, we all know that it is possible to lose inches without losing pounds (weight). My question is... HOW?

What is happening when you lose inches and why does that not always correlate to weight-loss? How can someone lose inches and not lose pounds to go with it? I guess I just don't understand how that is possible.

Thanks in advance.
determined2succeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Muscle takes up less space than fat for the same # of pounds...have you been working out?
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #3  

Lightbulb no excercise

As bad as it is to admit, I have not worked out AT ALL.

(So I already ruled out the muscle vs. fat consideration)

Any other reasons why this *could* be happening?
Old 08-13-2006, 11:41 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I noticed your Fitday looks much cleaner than it used to - I had to go back a ways to find a vodka day. I bet eating cleaner is flushing out your system. I still think a little exercise might be your next step....you've come a long way on cutting out a lot of junkie food...
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

DeterminedtoSucceed: Chick in the hat was right. Muscle mass weighs heavier than fat. Fat has air molecules in it. Did you ever notice how fat floats on water? Also, thin people have trouble floating in a pool. Their muscle mass to fat mass is larger. I have so much fat that I doubt that I could ever drown.LOL. I think that's the only good thing I can think about fat. Keep up the good work. Muscle mass will give you CURVES. Remember what they were? Fat only gives you hug rolls! Exercise is my problem also but we gotta do what we gotta do.
Norma
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #6  

Smile thank you!

Thanks, Ladies!

ChickInTheHat : Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! I have been consciously trying to eat cleaner (and only drinking once or twice per week rather than almost everyday) I've also introduced more whole foods into my diet, such as some veggies, fruits, and non-fat cottage cheese. Although the cold cuts are hard for me to stay completely away from, I eat them with whole wheat bread rather than my usual white sourdough. As always, thank you for your motivation!

HarkeyValley : I appreciate your kind words and that extra boost to keep going on! Your quotes in your signature are especially true and insprational. I don't think I will ever drown either, but I suppose, I'm trying to make it so that I could if I really wanted!

Perhaps this is my reminder to excercise and actually get with this program 100%. Afterall, id I'm *really* determined to succeed, I will incorporate that last very significant piece in... somehow, someway...