Old 08-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/198/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile I am 35 and ready to be in control!

Hi ladies, I am 35 and finally ready for the first time to be in control of my eating and exercise. I feel like I finally lifted a huge stress off of me. I started at 204 and today am 201.5. I believe that every pound counts and is a celebration cause we know what we did to lose it. I have made a COMMITMENT to myself to workout M, W, F, eat sensibly during the week, and eat responsibly on the weekends as to not totally deprive myself of the things I enjoy. I am a mental craver, even if my stomach is not hungry. Anyone else out there ready to commit to exercise 3 days a week? We could check in on each other and give that PUSH! I am anxious to get to know everyone, and see us reach our goals.
trulythinwithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/186/155

Height: 5'9"

Must be something about being in the 30's. I am 35 also and have come to the same place about it being more in control of what I allow myself to do that just "losing weight". I have committed to similar goals as you. I am not in a race to get the weight off. I am trying to work a plan that suites who I am and that I can truly live with. Enjoying my life, food and activities without it being a diet, or a quick fix to shed those pounds. Done all of that, it ran me in circles.

I signed up for the Christmas challenge. Look it up on the search thread and join us!
EverHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #3  

Smile

Everhopeful, you are where I am. I am ready for it to be a lifestyle change, and not a race. I have run in the same cirlces! It HAS to be what I can truly live with. I will check out the Christmas challenge, thanks!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/149/128

Height: 5'3"

Me TOO! I lost all my weight on Atkins and the man is my personal hero, but the weight has started to slip back on and I absolutely have to do something to get out of that good food-bad food mentality. I know what I need to do--and how to start making changes, and I really think I am on the right path, it's just getting past the "I ATE GOOD FOR THREE DAYS, WHERE IS MY TWO POUND WEIGHT LOSS?" mentality that is killing me. I get discouraged and then I'm like--"WELL FINE THEN, IF I AM NOT GOING TO BE REWARDED THEN WHY SHOULDN'T I JUST EAT WHATEVER I WANT?" and then I gain and lose the same three pounds over and over....

So just in the last week I decided: enough, I am going to kick that mindset from my teens and twenties to the curb, and be proud to be 30-something AND sensible. I will really have to earn it this time. AND I COMMIT TO EXERCISE THREE DAYS A WEEK!

Trulywithin--congratulations on your three pound weight loss!! That is SO wonderful. You should be so proud. Can't wait for Christmas!!!

Last edited by Gillian73; 08-10-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Gillian73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/190/130

Height: 5'1

Wow we sound so similar! We are about the same weight and I am 35 as well. I know just what you mean too, this is a lifestyle change for sure! I have commited to weight watchers and am on my fourth week of that and have discovered Walk Away the Pounds videos and have even gotten my mother to do them and she has never exercised a day in her life! Anyone can do them and they are so awesome! I bought the deluxe version that has the 1, 2, and 3 mile workout on it and how awesome! If you havent done them then I urge you to give them a shot. I am already on the 3 mile and it goes 47 minutes and what a workout! I definately commit to 3 days a week and look forward to chatting! Take care, keep up the good work , and God bless!
wenonah2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/238/190/150

Hi, The walk away the pounds videos-you do these things in your home-like walking in place and stuff? Want to check them out but not sure what they are about. Any info would be helpful..thanks,-oh by the way, i am similiar in age I am 36-and feeling like OK this is about my health, and must be doable for life. Not in a hurry to drop the weight-like all other times, really want this for the long term/life change!!!
drtrdrmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:50 AM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

It is definitely something about being in my 30's (and creeping closer and closer to 40). Maybe it's an early mid-life crisis or I finally figured out that I wasn't going to get any thinner just by wishing.

I wish I'd had the presence of mind to do this in my 20's, but better late than never.

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:27 AM   #8  
aka Regina Phalange

S/C/G: 355/350/180

Talking

You know Blue, I came to that same conclusion myself!! I was so busy berating myself for ruining my twenty's (and now most of my thirties) being fat...that I didn't look at the fact that I still have time (at least I think...lol) to look great in the rest of my 30's, 40's, 50's, etc...they say 40 is the new 30, which means we are just getting younger!!

I have seen and read about lots of women that go into their forties saying they look and feel younger than they did in their thirties!! Why can't that be us right? Age is, after all, just a number!!
ryanzgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:50 AM   #9  

Well ladies, did you notice we all revolve around the mental stuff. It is such a mental battle in our heads. I am of the same mental frustration! There are so many battles that wage in my head I could be on CNN. I have to win the mental part this time...anyone working out today? It's Friday, time to get on that treadmill and precor! We can do this.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:16 PM   #10  
AimeeJ

S/C/G: 207

Height: 5'5

ok i am new here..i have just turned 38 and i want so bad to get control back..i am a single mother of three and I have never felt so old...from the looks of it I will remain single because no one would look twice at me...but i could stay single thats not the point...I want to look great and feel great doing it? Any pointers? I will take all the help I can get..I need it.
AimeeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:41 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the forum ladies!! Join us up at the weekly chat thread! I am 38 and also a single Mom of 3 and have been on my plan for almost 5 months now...started on my own and now have been on Weight Watchers for the last 7 weeks. It is definately a mental battle to lose this weight, way more so than the physical one. Just hang in there and keep on trudging forward and we will all win the battle!! This is a great place to come to for support and encouragement.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

I am 36 and agree totally; playing mind games with myself. I want to loose this weight but can't do it alone. I have a friend here who walks with me but then she asks me if I want to go eat fast food right after. she tells me how she just had crispy cream doughnuts when she went out. I enjoy her company very much but I am still in the beginning and vulnerable stage of my new beginning life change. My routine includes walking everyday sometimes twice a day 1-5 miles a day and ww/calorie counting/super foods only
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #13  
aka Regina Phalange

S/C/G: 355/350/180

Love,

You should sit down with your friend and explain to her how her attitude sabotages your efforts. I have been reading Dr. Phil's Weight Loss book, and he talks about putting positive people around you in your life. I bet she doesn't even realize what she is doing.

It's certainly not going to help you if she keeps up what she is doing...

IMO....
ryanzgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:24 PM   #14  
A Rose E'er Blooming

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5'3"

I am 37, and going through the same things as you ladies have mentioned. Currently, I am recovering from an illness that almost took my life. While I was in the hospital recovering, it occurred to me that I was 2 1/2 years from 40, and that things had to change. I decided to dump the diet mentality that had plagued me since junior high. I decided to take on a mentality that focused on health and well-being instread. I drew up a contract with myself, committing myself to daily exercise and feeding myself with healthy foods and in healthy quantities. I also committed to delving into the reasons behind my overeating and to deal with them. I've set weightloss goals, but these goals are not the main focus anymore. My new lifestyle is, however, and I feel, if the lifestyle changes for the positive, the weight will also drop as a result.

My new attitude is this---Fit by Forty. (No fabulous and forty. Mo ma'am. Try FIT FABULOUS AND FORTY!!!!)
Lillybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

This is so awesome thank you so much Julie for your aproach with my friend your probably right she doesn't mean to do it.

On another note someone told me once that the weight that you are when you hit forty will be with you for the rest of your life. Don't know if that is true, but that has stuck in my mind for the past year.

I do know that my weight has caused me some serious health problems in the past year.

So healthy eating and exercise is definately in my plans this year and throughout the rest of my life hopefully weight loss will follow!
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote