WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Food Question

I have a question about food.

Can I have anything as long as I count it?

For instance, I made cornbread and counted it according to the nuitrition info. I felt so quilty eating it.

My DD had points left for the day and ate a cookie. Is this alright.

I know to eat fruits, veggies, etc, but can you add in these "bad" foods as long as you have points left?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #2  

Absolutely, thats the beauty of WW. It of course encourages you to eat healthier but give you room for little indulgences. Don't feel guilty. IMHO if you don't occasionally indulge you will more that likely binge.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:27 PM   #3  
banned

Yes Just Make Sure That The Numbers On The Label Are According To How Much You Have If You Have 2 Servs Ya Gotta Double The Pt Value
Old 07-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Yes, don't feel guilty! Having some of the things you love, helps you to stay on program. That's what you use the flex points for or just counting points. It also teaches you portion control.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Yes, this is exactly the reason WW is the only thing that has ever worked for me. If I couldn't have what we consider "bad" foods, then I wouldn't stick to it for more than a few days. I think it's unrealistic to think you'll only eat fruits and veggies, even though we all know that would be the healthiest way. When I lost weight on WW before, I consistently lost 1-2 pounds whether my points came primarily from good foods or bad ones, as long as I stayed within the points. Obviously, your body will be in better health if you stick with the good ones, but you definitely should let go of the guilt!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Look at it this way, no food is "bad," and not even "unhealthy," in and of itself, but only in the context of your entire diet. Eating only chips is bad for you, eating a small snack size bag of chips, especially as you're counting the calories and making sure it is a treat not a lifestyle is not bad. Nor even is saving some points for a really big splurge such as a restaurant meal or a piece of birthday cake. As long as you're getting your body what it needs, and staying within your points, "it's all good."

Getting rid of the guilt goes a long way towards keeping binges under control. There are some foods I stay away from, because I tend to overeat them (and go over my point allowance to do it), but the food is not "bad," and if I may eat it at a guests house or in a restaurant if their is built in portion control (like a scoop of full-fat ice cream. If I have it at home, I will not stick to a half cup portion, so I don't buy it).

Sometimes the difficulty with diets, is that it can seem anything that tastes good, must be bad. My doctor even joked, if I wanted to lose weight I should remember, "if it tastes good, don't eat it." It's hard to stay on a food plan like that, so you have to find healthy foods you like, and include a few indulgences that aren't all that healthy but fit into the food plan. Otherwise, you get sick of the deprivation, and eventually give up.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/176.6/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Sometimes the difficulty with diets, is that it can seem anything that tastes good, must be bad. My doctor even joked, if I wanted to lose weight I should remember, "if it tastes good, don't eat it." It's hard to stay on a food plan like that, so you have to find healthy foods you like, and include a few indulgences that aren't all that healthy but fit into the food plan. Otherwise, you get sick of the deprivation, and eventually give up.
Amen.
If I couldn't have doughnuts and Ice cream and cheesecake on occasion, I would stay overweight.
Closed Thread