General Diet Plans and Questions - 2Wonderful books from former fat ladies..inspirational,honest~

choices
07-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Hello new buds..I have recently been finding reading material..actually its been finding me,that is written by ladies who have been fat/heavy/overweight/obese..unhappy,and unhealthy with their weight. Nobody likes to use,or hear the word fat. But these books are not put downs..they are honest,true,and from someone who has been fat/overweight/obese...AND HAS LOST THE WEIGHT THEY DON'T NEED AND/OR WANT..I call this inspiration. They did it like we are..steady slow hard work,dedicated to making themselves healthier,and more comfortable in their own skin.;) I don't mean for this message to insult anyone,and I do hope it is taken in the way it is intended..to help us. It's encouraged me to keep on..no matter what.:^:
One of the books is called FAT GIRL...AND It's fabulous..what a difficult life this womans had..but look at her now!
The other is called PASSING FOR THIN-Losing Half my weight and finding My Self~by Frances Kuffel Just fabulous books,and inspirational. Let me know if you decide to read them,and what you think..They are not big huge bks.and I found both at my library.:flow1: :goodvibes Take good care,FOCUSED~

jtammy
07-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi I hope you don't mind if I jump in this thread, even though I'm not doing LA Weight Loss. I read the book Passing for Thin a couple of months ago. I found it very interesting. What peeked my interest in it was this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84805 talking about what has happened to Frances Kuffel since her weight loss.

I've not read Fat Girl. My library has a book called Fat Girl by Irene O'Garden. Is this the same book you're talking about?