Old 07-23-2006, 12:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/190/130

Height: 5'1

Default Anyone do Balance Ball for Weight Loss

Hi everyone! I am new here and making myself do the exercise thing, lol. I actually love or should I say loved yoga. I love the way it stretches me and is so calming to my system. So on the weight loss wagon again and I purchased Balance Ball for Weight loss and I must say I loved loved loved it! If any of you are looking for a wonderful toning and stretching video that is very calming and controlled you should try this one. I think I will definately do this one a few times a week. If I don't alternate I will go crazy. Any suggestions for a newbie? Nothing that makes me jump like a maniac just yet because I am very top heavy at the moment and that just hurts after a bit, lol. Anyway, I hope I get to know everyone and good luck with losing weight. God bless!
wenonah2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:17 AM   #2  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

You talking about Suzanne Deason's dvd? If so .. yes I have it .. love and .. am looking to buy more of her workouts for the variety. I am in awe about her shape and strength. Especially one particular part where she pulls her entire torso up of the floor using core muscles .... She makes it look so easy and she's so graceful.

I have a sampler dvd of hers so I alternate between the two.. and also do yoga (I am new at both)..
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #3  

Omg Jayde, I was in awe of that very movement you talked about! Isn't that amazing?! I wish I could do that but lol I have a long way to go. I really enjoy her video and yes she is so graceful I only hope I get even half as good as she is. I think I will look on Ebay because I got my mat today and I am ready to go. Yoga rocks in my opinion.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #4  
The Beauty of Balance

Yes, Wenonah, she is amazing.. at first I looked at the tv and tried to compare what she was doing with what I was doing.. it looked the same to me. Then I took a better look at my body.. I only had my shoulders off the floor!

I realized then that I really had no idea what "strong" meant!

How exciting to have your mat and be all ready to start. Are you taking a class in addition to working at home? Any other dvd's?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #5  

Hi Jayde! Sorry it took so long to reply but my 7 month old sometimes dictates my schedule.

I am only using dvd's at home. I just joined PUSH and selected Bob as my trainer and today I bought WATP's with the 1, 2 , & 3 mile on it and I am starting it tonight. I am also going to buy a weighted hoola hoop off of Ebay. I used to hoola hoop all of the time and the weighted ones are for people who just can't get the hang of it, etc.

I figure that when the majority of us were slimmer it was certainly from our activity levels so I guess in a way I plan on reverting to my childhood. I used to be able to do backbends, hoola hoop, cartwheels, splits, andd all of those things so that is where the yoga comes in. I just feel so great during and after it. But I also need intensity to burn calories. I figure with WW as well I should have most bases covered.

How about you? What is your exercise style? I love hearing others successes and strengths! In the very short time of being on this site I have gotten such a needed boost and I feel so blessed to have found it and all of you.

Looking forward to hearing some of your exercise regimine. God bless!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:24 PM   #6  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenonah2006
Hi Jayde! Sorry it took so long to reply but my 7 month old sometimes dictates my schedule.
Totally understand that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenonah2006
I figure that when the majority of us were slimmer it was certainly from our activity levels so I guess in a way I plan on reverting to my childhood.
I agree... but it wasn't in my case.. so I don't care to revert back to my childhood. However I am looking forward to being able to do my first backbend, cartwheel, and maybe even something close to a split!

I never heard of weighted hula hoops.. let me know how it goes.. I was never good at keeping them moving. The walking will certainly burn up some calories and I hear those WATP tapes are good. My mill keeps me moving.. (if I get on it.. so far it hasn't figured out how to reach out and grab me as I walk by... YET.)

I was always very active as a kid but active and still overweight. Lately I'm working on just the yoga, stability ball, mill, jump rope, and trying the bike. It got so hot all of a sudden I have a hard time getting out on the bike. Maybe when things cool down a bit it will be more enjoyable.

I am so glad to have found you on this thread.. not everyone will understand that I am really improving on the ball with Suzanne. Today so many of the moves clicked and especially that extra hard one pulling the torso up... I could feel myself move farther off the floor. I would have shouted if it were possible to do that and still maintain proper form!

Take care of that little 7 month old.. I bet there are lots of ways you both can be together when you exercise. I used to love long walks with my boys when they were little. Everything was so new to them.. it was like watching the whole world open up.