Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Please post your favourite meals from NutriSystem

CdnWalkergirl
07-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone,
My husband joined today and I am thinking of joining him. I am a picky eater so I was hoping I could get some feedback on the foods you enjoyed most on the plan.

Thank you!
Julie:)

campbellredhead
07-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi there,

how does your husband like it?

I've only been on it 3 days, i'm not impressed with the food-but the price is reasonable.

I'll have to see how much i lose.

I was on Jenny Craig for 2 weeks and lost 9 lbs, and the food was great, but it was more expensive, that is why i switched to nutrisystem.

The pizza is probably the best.

There is just no comparison with the food, but it is edible.

Good Luck,

God Bless

CdnWalkergirl
07-17-2006, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry you are not enjoying the food.

My husband hasn't received his shipment and I only placed my order tonight.
I am hoping we like the food. We camp/backpack a lot and use freeze dried food only so I am hoping the NS food tastes similiar.

How long did it take for your 1st order to arrive.

I am planning on using the journal until our food arrives.

Good Luck!
Julie

campbellredhead
07-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Hi there,

I think the freeze dried camping stuff is better actually,
i think the downfall in flavor of NS, is that everything has added soyprotein.

It took like 2 or 3 days, i was overwhelmed at the amount of food.

I have a shelf for each meal

breakfast
lunch
dinner
dessert

Good luck,

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Day 2 on NS for me:

I love the lunch Chicken Ala King :)

That is the first one I took note of so far.
The eggs kinda freak me out - I have not tried them but they are dried???

I am hoping to aquire a taste for it all and I am not using salt which may be throwing off my tastes- I used to be a saltahoulic...

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Okay- I just had the Mac n' cheese with beef and love it!
I think I am adapting HA!

CdnWalkergirl
07-20-2006, 11:48 PM
This is great news!
Our food arrived tonight. We only ordered it on Monday so I was surprised it arrived so soon! I am looking forward to trying it on Monday (we are camping this weekend)

How do I add my ticker?

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 11:51 PM
I see you figured it out :)

Hey- was your chocolate melted? In this weather I would be suprised if it wasn't *GRIN* Mine was.

We love to camp and I can easily see bringing along the plan! It is perfect for my mobile life!

CdnWalkergirl
07-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Yes it did. I was thinking of putting it in the fridge?

you know I tried all last night to get my ticker up and totally it's here? Very strange LOL

HDStreetBob
07-20-2006, 11:56 PM
I have my chocolate in the freezer. I am afraid to try it because I really love good chocolate- Maybe I will give it a week so I can forget what the good stuff tastes like :)

Love the ticker,

Stella

CdnWalkergirl
07-21-2006, 12:02 AM
I know what you mean Stella. I am going to give away a lot of the things in our cupboards that aren't good for us. If we don't have it we won't eat it BUT if it's here look out

HDStreetBob
07-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Just keeping this on one thread:

Love the pizza!

Any breakfast muffins are nasty to me.... strange texture and bad aftertaste...

FAVORITE BREAKFAST!
Nonfat Strawberry Yogourt with the Granola cereal on top!

What is your favorite breakfasts?

CdnWalkergirl
07-25-2006, 01:17 PM
So far i have enjoyed the breakfasts.

I have tried the Smoked Scrampled Eggs, thw Apple flavoured Granola Bar and the Chocolate Chip Granola Bar

For lunch I have tried the cheese tortellini ***** it was delicious

For dinner I have tried the Pot Roast. It was good too.

My favourite snack so far is the Peanut Butter Chcocolate Bar (wish I had ordered 28 of those)

My least fave item has been the sour cream and onion soy chips.

HDStreetBob
07-25-2006, 02:59 PM
OH! I will order some of the PBChocolate Bars! I am not too keen on the cake but love the chocolate crunch and chocolate cherry things. They taste like carob

spunky1
07-26-2006, 02:05 AM
I was surprised that the food was better than I expected, especially for being off the shelf. I don't like the eggs or the chocolate bars. But most of the dinners have been good, and they are filling!

spunky1
07-26-2006, 02:06 AM
Oh, I love the chocolate cherry pieces!

HDStreetBob
07-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Me too! They are awesome!

Spunky which chocolate bars are you referring to that you do not like?

spunky1
07-27-2006, 12:08 AM
I went and looked at the package, and it was actually the chocolate fudge cake. How can anything with the word "fudge" in it be bad?

HDStreetBob
07-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah- I have a couple more of those fudge cakes...
Going to try and trade them for the chocolate *GRIN*

cyndyjlo
07-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Vegetable Lasagna was pretty good tonight!

campbellredhead
07-29-2006, 10:24 AM
I was nervous to try the beef teryiaki, but is was pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God, because i have 2 of them.

HDStreetBob
07-29-2006, 01:23 PM
I have a box ready to trade in :) they ask for your account number so if you bought on ebay they wont trade.

Yesterday I used the Weight Watchers Program so that I could work dinner out with the family into the day and a glass of wine. Today I am back to NS. The combination is working pretty good - I lost 7 pounds so far!!!

Oh I tried the pancakes and they were good- but no syrup???

cyndyjlo
07-29-2006, 11:40 PM
campbellredhead - I had the beef teriyaki tonight - it was good!

HDStreetBob - Wow, 7 lbs! How long did that take you? How many days do you alternate each plan? Oh, and are the pancakes microwavable, or the old fashioned mix kind.

I HATE the EGGS! I will have to call and exchange them.
I LOVE the cherry chocolate!! :love: Wish I could have more than one per day!

HDStreetBob
07-30-2006, 12:07 AM
the pancakes I make in a skillet- one big one because I am lazy LOL!

If I know I am going to go out to eat one day I start the morning on WW and save up points so I can enjoy small portions of what I like for dinner :) (I have a points calculator and can figure out the points for the NS food and any other food I am intrested in)

Okay- I was bad tonight- I did not feel good so I had a lunch for dinner- chicken noodle soup. EXCELLENT!

But then my husband was called in to work and I was left alone with the kids... I treated myself to two desserts.
Wont do it again. I do feel like I spoiled myself but I know I wont loose weight if I mess up.

campbellredhead
07-31-2006, 12:57 AM
HDstreet look for sugarfree very low calorie syrup it will be a free food

campbellredhead
08-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Ok ladies i love tuna casserole, i tried to be open minded, and i love the lunch tuna salad, but i couldn't eat it, i even tried to put cheese on it-one and 1/2 bites, so that bit the dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*

HDStreetBob
08-01-2006, 09:13 PM
So the Tuna dishes are no good...

I have been eating repeats so nothing interesting to report yet except that I really LIKE the mint decadance bar- not sure if I mentioned that before!

cyndyjlo
08-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I have to say that the chicken salad is as bad as the tuna. I find that I am not a big fan of any of the chicken dishes, but I like the beef dishes.

Oh, and the Spinah Ravioli is very good!

HDStreetBob: Thanks! I'll put that mint decadence on my list for next month!

Spedmom
08-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi all!

Just started 2 days ago (was on Atkins before until my cholesterol skyrocketed through the roof) and I attacked it this way:
I separated everything out, then am trying to try something different for every meal during the first 10 days. I kept the packing slip and circle an item every time I try it. Then I put a number next to it to remind me what I thought of it. "1" means I definitely liked it and will order it again. "2" means it was so-so and wouldn't choke on it if I had it again. "3" means don't order it again under any circumstances!!!!

So far I've put a "1" next to the Thai Noodles (surprising, since I normally can't stand tofu) and the blueberry-lemon desert bar!

HDStreetBob
08-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Today I had the Chicken Stew- boy was that spicy!
It was like chili.

I did like it but will keep in mind the flavor.

cyndyjlo
08-02-2006, 06:51 PM
What a great system! I will probably come back to this website when it is time to reorder.
The Orange Beef with noodles scores ......... 1!
Cheesy Pasta with Broccoli ....2!

campbellredhead
08-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Ok last night i tried orange beef-threw it away-yuck
and the beef burgundy with rice-threw it away-yuck yuck yuck

tracynfar
09-17-2006, 08:19 PM
i found some recipes ya'll could try to make the food taste better--haven't tried them yet myself but they sound good. btw, i like all of the pasta mixed with stir fried veggies, and also the pancakes w/apple sauce. (BIG NOTE-instead of mixing the pasta with boiling water, heat on the stovetop, following directions, but adding an extra tbsp. of water.) hope this helps, Tracy

********Jazzman's Bread Pudding

Counts as 1 Breakfast + 1 Dairy + 1 Fruit (Optional)

* 1 package NS muffins, any flavor
* ICBINB (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, spray)
* 2 tablespoons raisins OR other fruit serving (optional)
* 1 egg white
* 1/2 cup FF milk
* 1 Tablespoons splenda
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 dash vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:

1. Break muffins into small pieces into a ramekin or microwave safe bowl. Spray ICBINB over the muffins. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine egg white, milk, splenda, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over muffins, and lightly push down with a fork until muffins are covered and soaking up the mixture.
3. Microwave for 3 - 5 minutes

*********Mash ½ banana in bowl, crumble Banana Muffins into and mix, top with drizzle sf maple syrup ( 20 cal worth), microwave until hot.....

· 1 package NutriSystem Nourish Low-Fat Granola Cereal
· 1 medium-sized apple (peeled, cored & cut into 1-inch chunks)
dash of cinnamon, and/or allspice, and/or nutmeg
· 1-2 Tbsp sugar-free syrup
· Optional: lemon juice
Directions
1. Preheat toaster oven to 350-degrees.
2. Combine apple pieces and spices in an ovenproof container (sprinkle apple with lemon juice if desired).
3. Top with granola cereal and drizzle syrup on top.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes. (If you prefer a softer apple consistency, increase baking time to 30 minutes.)
Counts as 1 NutriSystem breakfast entrée + 1 fruit serving + free food

Ingredients

· 1 package NutriSystem Fettuccini Alfredo with Vegetables and Mushrooms
· 2 ounces tuna in water, drained
· 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
Directions
1. Prepare NutriSystem Fettuccini Alfredo with Vegetables and Mushrooms as directed.
2. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and tuna fish.

jazzmegirl
09-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks Tracy, those recipes look good. I can't wait to get my food.
Amie

Jaleril
09-24-2006, 01:20 AM
I like the Rotini with Meatballs(D), Cajun Chicken and Sausage(D), the tacos(D) were pretty good.

Avoid like the plague, Pasta with Beef(L) unless you like jalapenos...actually the only lunch in a can I like is Chicken in Cacciatore Sauce. You're all going to think I am crazy, but I really like the chicken salad, the tuna not as much.

If you want chicken soup, Homestyle Chicken w/noodles is the dinner for you...I want something more substantial at dinner.

I could not eat the smoky eggs. I loved the chocolate cereal and I usually don't like chocolate flavor cereals. I also enjoyed the minifrosted shredded wheat.

Vicky