Weight Loss Support - Planning for Thursday

View Full Version : Planning for Thursday

sotypical
07-13-2006, 01:40 AM
B- banana, peanut butter - either going to make a smoothie like yesterday or have some yogurt and maybe some cereal
S- coffee with cream
L- smoked salmon sandwitch (white bread, low fat cream cheese, smoked salmon), cucumber
S- grapes
D- left overs from tonight (pasta stuff) or maybe some spicey chicken strips

Prob no exercise, just too busy at night time to ever relax so I need that sleeping in. I will get in my 6 liters of water tomorrow :)

Glory87
07-13-2006, 01:47 AM
B - 2 pieces of whole grain toast, natural peanut butter

S - Horizons organic fat free plain yogurt, 1.5 cups strawberries

L - Chicken taco salad at Qdoba - no shell, romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, salsa, 1/2 serving of guacamole

S - cherries

S - cut up veggies - carrots, grape tomatoes, yellow pepper strips (store was out of sugar snap peas )

S - tall non fat sugar free latte

D - Shrimp stir fry from Trader Joe's. Added onions, garlic, boy choy and stir fry sauce. Served over brown rice.

BlueToBlue
07-13-2006, 02:36 AM
I was off-plan today because of a business luncheon (but only over by about 100 calories) but I'll be back on track tomorrow:

B - High Fiber Cereal, 4 oz soy milk, 1.25 oz blueberries (180 calories)
S - nutrition bar (200 calories)
L - 2 oz turkey, 1/2 pita, lettuce, 1 cup pineapple cole slaw, lettuce, 3 oz cherries, 3 oz cucumber, soy crisps (340 calories)
S - 8 oz melon (80 calories)
S - cinnamon almonds (140 calories)
D - Fontina, pepper, and sage stuffed chicken breast, green salad with low cal dressing, carrots with ginger and coriander seeds (360 calories)
S - fruit popsicle (45 calories)

Exercise: around noon, combination of elliptical, treadmill, and stair machine for 45-60 minutes, ab exercises

- Barbara

2frustrated
07-13-2006, 04:42 AM
Courtney - I :love: your pup - he is one cute thing. Can I eat him all up?? ;)

Okay

Breakfast
2 egg white, 1 egg, 1 sl granary toast & marmite

Snack
1/2 C cottage cheese, 1/2 C oats, 1/2 oz raisins, splenda and spice

Lunch
jacket potato with cottage cheese

Snack
Multigrain bagel with laughing cow light

2 hours kickboxing

Dinner
2 scoops protein powder

Yesterday was ok - I substitututed some stuff for my afternoon meal since I was feeling a little sick, and I got a bit hungry in the evening so I had an extra oatcake and a date. :D

Sunnigummi
07-13-2006, 06:48 AM
My turn:

B - 1.5 cups skim milk + 3/4 cup Frosted Flakes

S - Nature Valley Oats n' Honey Granola bar (2/pack)

L - 1/4 cup brown rice + roasted veggies
1 8 oz container Dannon plain nonfat yogurt

D - 1/4 cup of white rice and curries.

*I'm leaving for Virginia bright and early tomorrow so won't be able to post about my food intake until Sunday. Wish me luck (that I don't overdo it!)* See you guys Sunday! :)

jillybean720
07-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Courtnie--how did the smoothie work out for you?

I stuck to the plan again 100% yesterday (woohoo!). Now I have to remember to think, "hey, I did it yesterday, so I can do it again today!" instead of, "I've been so good lately, I deserve a treat." :devil: On to today:

peanut butter and jelly sandwich
glass of skim milk
oatmeal
SmartOnes chicken santa fe frozen meal
yogurt
2 Subway sweet onion chicken teriyaki wraps (in lieu of my usual 12" sub on honey oat bread)
1 Subway cookieAnd, of course, 3 liters of water and a hike up my 4 flights of stairs :)

Tara D
07-13-2006, 09:05 AM
B: cream of wheat made with skim milk
L: peanut butter and Simply Fruit spread sandwich on organic whole wheat and an apple
S: another apple or small side salad if hungry
D: Lean cuisine meal +/- small side salad

Rosario
07-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Br: BCT sanwhich (2 slices of white bread, 2 slices turkey bacon, mozarella, 1/2 c tomato slices) 1 c strawberries
Lu: 3 oz steak, baked potato w/salsa (Courtnie-I didn't get to try it last night. I'll let you know how it was after lunch), yogurt
D:Mexican lasagna, cucmber salad

Excercise: lots of walking

I was a little snack happy yesterday when I got home. I think it's because I didn't work out. Today is a new day though, and I'm determined to stick with it!!

sunnigummi-good luck this weekend!!!

Sunnigummi
07-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks, rosario! :D

jillybean720
07-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Rosario--what's in a Mexican lasagna? I've been on a Mexican kick lately, and I LOVE lasagna, so it just sounds so perfect ;)

la3y_un1c0rn_37
07-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Yesterdays D- Chicken sand. on WW bread, 1/2c rice
I walk for a hour(Woohoo me)
I swam for 1/2 hour

Today
B-all bran, 2% milk
s- mix friut cup
L-chicken soup(low fat) Mix friut cup, and triscuits
s-Smart Start snack bar
D-?

I am going to try for hour walking and some swimming.....

Rosario
07-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Jillybean-It's layers of tortilla, cheese, ground beef/black bean/onion mixture. I got it from Rachel Ray. It's so good. I use less of what's called for so it comes out with less calories. I'll PM the recipe to you. Me and the bf love it!!!

sotypical
07-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Rosario - can you send me the recipe too?

Jillybean - the smoothie worked out pretty good, it didn't feel me up like two pieces of toast would but it lasted longer then I thought it would. Around 11:30-12 I started getting super hungry but then it faded and I had stuff to do so I didn't get to eat till 1. But I would say it lasted just as long as two pieces of toast, I just didn't get that same full feeling - but I think that's good! I am thinking of having another one this morning - just because I have banana's and I love peanut butter, haha.

Sunnigummi
07-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Oooooh...count me in on the PB love! :)

Glory87
07-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Rosario - can you send me the recipe too?

Just post it for everybody :)

FreeSpirit
07-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Woo hoo planning!

Breakfast: 1 banana, 1 cup of strawberries, 1 small bunch of grapes, 1/2 cup of lowfat granola.

Lunch: Tuna sandwhich on wheat bread with mustard and lettuce. Grapes. Diet Coke.

S: Carrots and lowfat ranch.

D: Dunno yet... whatever lovely MIL cooks. She cooks fairly healthy meals though, so I should be okay.

Water: Goal - 102 oz.

sotypical
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Today has changed a bit:

I didn't have anything before I left for work so I just had my coffee and an energy bar when I got here.

The smoked salmon got put in the freezer so I am having tuna sandwitch today and will have smoked salmong tomorrow.

Snack will still be grapes.

Dinner will be left overs from last night - pasta!

Stephanie Osborne
07-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Thursdays Plan of Attack: (and I do mean attack)

Coffee in the Morning
B: Cereal w/1%
S: Banana
L: Whole Wheat French Toast
S: Shrimp
D: Grilled LF Cheese on Whole Wheat Bread with Tom Soup (made with 1%)
De: Cadbury Choc 2 sq.

8 glasses of water

Exercise: Mile Run, Dancing

Rosario
07-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Okay here goes:

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 pounds ground chicken breast, available in the packaged meats case
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 (14-oz) can stewed tomatoes or fire-roasted chopped tomatoes
1 cup medium heat taco sauce
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
1 cup frozen corn kernels
Salt
8 (8 inch) spinach flour tortillas, available on dairy aisle of market
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or shredded pepper jack
2 scallions, finely chopped

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil – twice around the pan. Add chicken and season with chili powder, cumin, and red onion. Brown the meat, 5 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes or fire-roasted chopped tomatoes and taco sauce. Add black beans and corn. Heat the mixture through, 2 to 3 minutes then season with salt, to your taste.

Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining extra-virgin olive oil, about 1 tablespoon oil. Cut the tortillas in half or quarters to make them easy to layer with. Build lasagna in layers of meat and beans, then tortillas, then cheese. Repeat: meat, tortilla, cheese again. Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.

*you can use salsa instead of the taco sauce. that's what I use and it comes out yu-mmy!!

Rosario
07-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Lunch
jacket potato with cottage cheese

Do you mind telling me what a jacket potato is??

Courtnie-the baked potato with salsa was freaking yum!!! I'm going to be having that again!!

Glory87
07-13-2006, 02:09 PM
That's just how our Euro friends say "baked potato." The jacket is the skin.

Rosario
07-13-2006, 02:10 PM
ohhh...thanks!

sotypical
07-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Rosario - that sounds sooo yummy! I think I might have to try that! Probably the most complicated thing I have ever made but it sounds good! Any idea on calories, etc? I am glad you liked the potatoe :)

Rosario
07-13-2006, 02:17 PM
courtnie-sorry I don't have any info on the calories. rachel ray is not known for posting all that info. First off, I don't use all those ingredients. I just enter what I use for the entire recipe in Fitday and then I get a total number of calories, fat, etc. Then I just divide by 4 (that's how many servings I get out of mine).

sotypical
07-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Okay thanks! I will try it out, maybe on the weekend if I go get all the stuff I need. My boyfriend and I are trying to cut back on the food shopping for now, trying not to spend so much money, haha

joyofsix
07-13-2006, 02:33 PM
B-2 egg spanish omelet, 1 very small cube homemade coffee cake (1"sq)
L-mixed baby greens, 3oz turkey ham, 1oz cheddar, 5 baby carrots, 1 apple, 9 wheat thins
S-strawaberries
D-1C spaghetti, 1/2 C sauce, broccoli, salad
S-1 Lindor ball, maybe popcorn too