Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #15

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #15

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 07:56 PM
:welcome2: to Back In Kindergarten #15 to anyone reading this!

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......~ :df:

Come and join us, All are welcome!!
:ink: :comp: :cofdate: :cheer: :write: :callme: :cheers: :blah: :ink:

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Post from Sassy on thread #14

Hey Ladies.

Jules - greed seems to always come no matter what. Its a horrible thing. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

My hub is 6'8". So we ultimately want something he is comfortable in, all the cars we have it narrowed down too have pretty good gas mileage. Also we are trading in our full size Dodge Ram for the new car. Big difference there. lol. We are keeping our little Mazda that we use for work and back right now as a back up car. The new cars all get about the same gas mileage, if not more than it does. We only have about a 20 minute commute to work. So not bad.

Suzy Q - I read your letter, sounds good to me. Straight and to the point. My mom learned after everything she went through that being straight and to the point is the best way to go. If they don't like it, then too bad. Its very sad how people fight over money after their loved one has passed. I think my Great Grandmother had the right idea. She gave everything away BEFORE she died. I know we can't all do that because like my step dad and others, death can come unexpectly. Its just very sad.

Well my back is okay as long as I don't over do it. I need to clean but its not worth having my back go out on me. So I'm just doing laundry and that is it.

Hub is going to vacuum. He always does because it really hurts my back to do it. Yesterday on our way home we had a tornado warning!!!!!!!! They spotted one not too far from where we were! But nothing ever came of it. (thankfully) I think it blew down a few trees and that was it.

OHHHH hub's little stray kitty had her kittens! She came up to the deck this morning and no big tummy! We don't know where she had them. But she was about starving! I gave her a can of food (mil gave me some cans) and she wolfed it down! So we're going to buy her some Kitten Chow too, mil said it would be a good idea.

We fear that once the babies (if they survived) can walk and follow mama then she will most likely bring them up here....... If so we'll have to find them homes, we can't have all these cats outside. lol. But lots of people at work so maybe a few of them will take some if need be.......

Well have a great evening!

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Post from Miss Cristi thread #14

Today was It Figures day and I had the whole joint to myself...gotta love that. Of course I usually do anyway because most of the ladies go in the early a.m. Also got my 1.5 mile walk in, again the treadmill, ick. Been so lazy because I haven't been sleeping so great lately that I end up sleeping in until 8 or 9. Anyway, blah, blah, blah.

JULES...love both Danielle and Bethany! How did you end up with Teri though? Through all the pregnancies I only picked out boys names. We decided from the very beginning if there was ever a girl she would be named after her great-grandmother on her dad's side so that name was a given. But had a hard time coming up with boy names. DH picked all three first names and I chose the mns. With #4 (baby from V and I) I chose the name. It's really hard to pick the *right* name. Love the name Ryan too! That was the mn we had picked when I had DD.

KATHY...don't think you can house train a goat...and this one wasn't. It showed the woman having so much urine and feces to clean from all the dogs and goat that they let stay in the house-so GROSS! How is Cole doing? Is his ankle better? Oh, no thanks...I have hard enough time just trying to keep this little house cleaned...sure wouldn't want to clean someone else's, lol. I remember as a teenager my Aunt would pay me, or one of my sisters to come and spend the weekend cleaning her house. You would not believe the mess! Sometimes she let if go so bad she would have all three of us girls go over and do it. But we didn't mind...we love her and loved spending time with her. She's only about 10 years older than me so we've always felt a little close to her.

SUSAN-NYC...yeah, the treadmill bores me to death too! I feel exactly like that too! Even with the t.v. or music on it still bores me. Makes the time go by faster, a little but I do prefer my walking to be outdoors. Sounds like you had a nice time...I so wish I was on the west coast again, really miss it.

KATY...I too would love to do a study as that and I hope both you and SuzyQ get excepted into the study. And yay! to having the drywall done!

SASSY...hope your back hasn't/doesn't go out on you-been there, done that. Been doing fine though with the back since I have been exercising regularly. But I have had mine go out just brushing my teeth. Have you guys decided on a vehicle yet? At least you have it narrowed down to three! I have to take DS shopping for one next week, or this weekend. He's been driving DH's truck.

MICHELLE...I know at times you don't really feel like posting but sweetie it really is good to get things out. I am sorry that you are having a time with DD. We miss you when you don't post.

SUZYQ...kharma with get SM in the arse. What goes around comes around and you just don't go around treating people like she is. Same with ex-SIL...she was in charge of her dads estate and for some reason didn't send the kids their share of some stocks he had in Boeing. The sad thing is nothing can be done...DS contacted some attorney's and to file anything it has to be done in the county in CA. They were supposed to have the choice of keeping the stock or cashing it in. Well, she took it upon herself to cash it in and didn't give the kids their share. Then there was some property in OK that she sold and cheated all her brothers and sister and nieces and nephews. It was supposed to be split up between all of them. The kids (my kids) were splitting their dad's share that's how they were involved because he is deceased. Now she has nothing to do with anyone and won't even except letters or anything from anyone. All the while her and her kids are living it up on the money that is owed to her brothers and sister, nephews and nieces. Oh, and because she took it upon herself to be executor of his estate she paid her self! DH#1 always said he didn't want to be around when his dad died because he knew this is exactly what would happen. His sister is a greedy biotch. I think it is sad when people cheat their own family, so very sad. I feel though the same thing is going to happen when my parents pass away. I told my mother to not leave me anything and do not leave me in charge of her estate. She had me at one time. Anyway...lots of to you.

Guess I am going to go. Finally found a site for support for Army Moms yesterday and I want to finish checking it out. I read some and I think it will be nice chatting with other moms going through the same thing. But, I want to find some place local to get together in person. Going to contact a local radio station and the newspaper to see if they could possibly help in finding something and if not, thinking about starting one, not just for moms but for wives too. I may go talk to my neighbor also. She has been in the air force for 16 years now and works on the Air base in town...maybe she knows of something or could put something on aboard or base paper if they have one. There has to be something around here. Anyway...

Take care and have a good day ladies! Chat with ya later

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Post from Shawna thread #14

Hi yall,
Actually susan im back at work.......woopty doo...my store was actually in pretty good shape when i walked in the door. but they had 15 pair of shoes stolen last week and 7 pair were on saturday. we usually only have 1 or 2 pair. soooooooooooooo, this tells me that everybody was standing around running their mouths and not paying attention to what was going on.
yes i have been watching that show, it cracks me up!! i also love hogan knows best. its almost time for the new celebrity fit club, i dont know about half of them this time. isaac from the love boat is going to be on there .....how funny!!! now that makes me feel really old. i dont watch a whole lot of tv, but when sept gets here ill be watching my favorite greys anatomy, they changed to thurs nights and thats volleyball game night for oldest dd so i will have to tevo it.
well i decided that i would take my cheat meal for lunch today, so i got an italian beef pita and french fries. well, its not very good, and my fries are cold......somebody must be trying to tell me something....
well back to work!!
shawna

Mom2Gaby
07-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Hope that helps to get the thread started! Better get going - chat later!

Michelle
07-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi Girlies -- Thanks everyone for all of your kind words.:thanks: I'm sorry I haven't been here chatting, but I'm the opposite when I'm upset and down, I just don't feel like talking. I know it's just as bad to hold it in, but I just don't see it that way.:( My DD has just been giving us, especially me, a really hard time with rebelling. It slowly has started over the past few months, but here lately, it's really gotten me down. We used to be so close, and I'm starting to cry as I'm writing this, but anymore we just seem to clash. I really miss being close with her, because I already went through horribly hard times with my older DD when she moved out right when her senior year started. Life is just so hard at times, and I wish she would see just how much I have done for her.:cry:

jules1216
07-12-2006, 08:35 PM
SuzyQ--we sure are a chatty bunch--always having to start new threads!! Your letter was good, better to get it out than to let it stew.....

Sassy-- so nice that your DH helps you out!! Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Cristina--it's funny about DD's name---if she would have been a boy she would have been Jerry Lynn Jr and have been called J R not junior. SHould have known she was a girl since we hadn't decided on any girl names....DH and I went back and forth--he liked none of the names I had picked out from before, He liked Amanda, I liked Jennifer or Rebecca...he decided he liked Jennifer too. Then it was on to the middle name--couldn't decide between Rose or Leigh (after both grandmothers--Leah is my mom & Leona (called Lee for short) was his) My middle name was my grandmothers name. When my mom left the hospital Teri's name was Jennifer Leigh when she came back it was Teri Lynne. I finally gave in because I was tired of arguing. Teri hates her name of course--says it sounds like a boy's name.

I may be back later...

jules1216
07-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Michelle--you popped in while I was posting--DD and I argued most her senior year starting the summer before it. DH says it's because they have to start asserting their independence and get you ready for them to leave home. It's really hard when they do...I was depressed from before Christmas her senior year until after Christmas last year. I still have moments....

Sassy_Chick
07-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Hi Sassy!

I am glad your back is feeling better. I love kitties - she must be a good mommy to hide them from danger. My cats always had their litters in the closest.
I went to TJ and bought a shrimp salad. They have the prettiest flowers, so I splurged and bought a bunch to take to my dads grave. Feel a need to regroup. I was thinking life was so simple 9 months ago before I was promoted. I don't know how it got so complicated.
Anyway - going to head out early to do that.........and it is raining - smells so good.

Michelle where are you again? Come chat!

Hi Suzy Q!

She is such a sweet cat. I wish we had our own house with a yard and such that we could keep her. Maybe we can convince the in-laws to take her. (after her kittens are older) I'd even be willing to pay to have her shots and get her spayed if they would take her. She is just so darn sweet!

We'll just have wait and see I suppose.

Michelle - :hug: So sorry that things are so rough right now with DD. I can understand not wanting to post. I sometimes am like that. Sometimes I just need some alone time to get myself through it. But remember we are all here for ya if you decide you want to chat. Also, feel free to PM me if you want to chat privately. I hope things get better :hug:

Thanks Jules. Yes he is great -- when he wants to be! lol. He got the vacuuming done and while he did that I started supper. He is cooking, but I just got it started for him, cutting veggies, etc. I can do that because I can do a little bit at a time and sit in between. ;)

Hope you all have a Wonderful Night! :grouphug:

bep
07-12-2006, 09:15 PM
hi all...just a quick second...I was in the ER all night last night. woke up around 1:30 in terrible pain...something about swollen or something or the other intestines or somethinglike that...was almost instantly doped up on morphine for the awful pain so things are a little fuzzy. Been throwing up. Have a u/s tomorrow to check for gall bladder issues. Still really sick and hurting.

feels yucky to sit up and type. chat later.

Sassy_Chick
07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Bep - big :hug: Sounds a lot like what hub went through when he had his gallbladder attack. Q? Is the pain around your should blade and come around to the front? I hope you feel better!

Michelle
07-12-2006, 09:32 PM
JULES -- I know they are trying to become independent, but they should try it maybe in a different way. I don't mind if she wants here independence, but I do expect respect, and I won't accept anything but that.:( I watch My Fair Brady every single Sunday night. I love it! I'm a reality tv junky for sure; there isn't one I hardly miss.:o

SASSY -- Thank you for your kind words. I've always been the type, even when I was younger, that has held things in, and then I still end up stressing over everything. I've always been a worrier too.:hug:

BEP -- I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I hope the ultrasound comes back with nothing wrong. I've had so many of those before my hysterectomy and I hate them!:hug:

SUSAN -- This system used to always kick me off and I would also lose my posts. Marti told me to always check the box by my name "remember me" and that has seemed to help now, so you might give it a try.:hug:

jules1216
07-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Beppie--I am so sorry your feeling bad--maybe it was whatever this is building up instead of the jun you ate that has had you feeling so bad lately...hope your feeling better soon..keep us posted..

Michelle--I am so sorry she is being disrespectful to you. My DD and I argue but she has always kept by our rules and we both try to never say things we will regret later--we can get heated but always seem to get it worked out. My DH has always said he can't believe how we are fighting the one minute and laughing the next.

Sassy--hope you can find homes for your kittys!!

Good night all!!

Sassy_Chick
07-12-2006, 11:20 PM
YW Michelle, I used to be like that until I met hub. Now he will annoy the crap out of me until I tell him what is wrong. So usually its easier for me to just say it. But I understand. :hug:

Thanks Jules. I don't even know if any of her kittens have lived or what. She is a stray so I don't know. She could even have a home and just be mooching meals off of us. lol. But we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Scuzin
07-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi all, just a quick check in

stepped up my jogging today to an ever so slightly higher intensity, Lets hope it makes up for all the not so good food I've been eating!

Bep - oh honey I'm sorry. I went through terrible gall bladder attacks and had to have surgery to remove it. I hope you are doing ok!

Sassy_Chick
07-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Hey Ladies.

I hope you all are doing well. I need to be in bed but cannot sleep as I am not feeling well. Wish I could take off work tonight but I want to save up my personal time.............so hopefully I can get some sleep before I go in tonight.

Have a great day!

Mom2Gaby
07-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Good Morning!

I feel bottom heavy today. My butt is so big and when I put my skirt on I could hardly breathe while turning it around. ugh,,,,,,,,,I think my skirt is shrinking! hehe......geepers - too many slurpees......

Bep! I am sorry.....what ever happened to the rash? Maybe connected somehow?? Just call me Dr SuzyQ.....I don't know diddely (sp) - I just wish you a speedy recovery!! :hug: :hug:

Michelle - How old is your daughter again?? I forget. My 14 1/2 year old was saying "f - off" last night. It makes me sad more than anything. :hug: :hug: :hug: you can always hang with me! I will respect you :D jk............I know it upsets you. I am sorry. Thanks for the suggestion on the log in thingie.

Sassy - awww, on the mama kitty. ......I hope she has a home somewhere....poor thing. Did you get some sleep??

Rach & Gaby both were in bed with me - it is a king size. Rach says at 4 am "I can't sleep"...I mumble back "I can"......geesh...how rude, don't wake me up! lol We finally woke up at 5:30 and Rach waked Gaby .....ugh....and the started playing and laughing,,,,,,and that isn't allowed....I need coffee before I can laugh.....morning is serious business. I am on a schedule , you know??? anyway -blah......

My office stinks from a flood we had due to a fire on the 14th floor,,,,,,water came all the way down to my office....now it stinks....ick.

better get going!

chat in a bit!

FrouFrou
07-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Hi Ladies...

BEP...hope you get to feeling better soon and they find out what is wrong. At least if it is gallstones you will know and possibly have your gallbladder taken out and be done with it. :hug: If it is gallstones the rash could have had something to do with it. I speak from personal experience and having gone through the pain of those horrible attacks for years.

SUSAN-NYC...WTG on your jogging! You are doing a great job!

JULES...I had two jr. high/high school friends named Teri Lynn. Well one was Theresa but she went by Teri. I like the name...sorry DD doesn't. My DD doesn't like her name either. I told her she should be honored since she is named after my great-grandma and her dad's grandma. Her mn I chose and didn't even think about all the family members who have it...it's Marie and my Aunt thinks everyone named the girls after her, lol. We let her think that though. I've always been fascinated by names. And funny because Jennifer was a name I absolutely adored and thought if I ever have a DD she would be Jennifer. Well, with pregnancy #1 we decided to go the family name if it was a girl and just stuck with the name the whole time. Besides BIL & SIL beat us to it! Amanda and Bethany were names on our short list for #4.

SUZYQ...I cannot believe that one of the girls told you to F off! :o None of my kids would have ever said that to me and I am sorry that they said that to you. What caused the fire in the building? Bet that was scary.

SHEL/SASSY...what a sweet hubby you have. My hubby would cook and clean if I asked him too but never ask. Feel like if he wanted to do it he would just do it, lol. Of course half the time I have the house taken care of so...hope you get to feeling better too! :hug:

MICHELLE...I totally get where you are coming from. There's a lot of stuff I keep in also. Feel like no one wants to hear it or I just don't feel like sharing. But please know that if you ever do want to talk we are here for you. :hug: Sorry your DD is rebelling :hug: :hug:

Today is my free day. I was going to go walk and ever set my alarm for 6:30 so I could walk at the park early and then head to buy groceries. Well, 6:30 came and went. Didn't get out of the house until 9:30 and it was already HOT! Supposed to be 96 I think but the humidity is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! So made today my free day. Have house cleaning to do which is good because I am home and staying inside the rest of the day.

Have a good day!

FrouFrou
07-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Wadda ya think ladies? I finally found a head shot of myself for my avatar, lol!

Mom2Gaby
07-13-2006, 03:48 PM
lol - I love your avatar Cristi! How funny.....did you get your walk in today? I know, it upsets me about my older children. I wish I had been around more for them the last 5 years.
I wrote this to my brothers and sisters this morning. I cried....and now I think I will go have a salad and calm the red shot eyes.....

I was so upset yesterday that I went to dads grave. I had some money and I bought flowers at Trader Joes. I went after work- turning off of Foster onto 92nd - I had the radio on a Christian station and the This is my story, this is my song played......

Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love.
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.

It is a beautiful , powerful song ......and I started to cry. I thought I would have to pull over because I couldn't see through the tears. When he sang "this is my story, this is my song" I went back in my mind to dads death bed where we were all gathered around him. It was a corner view - like from the ceiling, something that dad must have seen on his way to his next journey in life. His children - we are his story, his legacy. When I got to his grave I cried and cried......and said "come back to us, please.".....of course he can't- so I cried even harder....and in the tears came the peace with the birds flying and the breeze blowing....and I could hear the "let it go"....something dad has always told me when I was upset about something "let it go Mia".
When I talked to xxxx (our brother) the other day he said "what I remember is his laughter" and when I saw the photos that xxx (our cousin) sent I saw his smile in each of us.
The grieving for dad is ongoing. How fragil I feel and how hurt I am for him not being here in a physical form...and how blessed I am to have my brothers and sisters still.

RosieKate
07-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Susan- I just loved what you wrote to your siblings.."Blessed Assurance" is one of my favorite hymns and always choke up a little when we sing it in church. I know you struggle with your loss everyday, but you have strength and wisdom to know that your daddy is with you...just in a different way.

Bep -I sure hope you are feeling more comfortable today - have you received any more information on what might be wrong with you? Was the US today?

Cristina- haha,, here I was thinking -what a nice break from the piggies! Now we just need one with a wardrobe malfunction...

Sassy - hope you can get some sleep.....

Hi to everyone else...hopefull can bbl to write some more to more people...DD is being very tired and clingy which means I need to go!

Later

Mom2Gaby
07-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Your DD is a doll Katy. I miss my DD today. Hope Leigh is feeling better - maybe she was just tired?
Gaby was out of her mind last night - crying to go to the dog park. I said no we are going to bed - so we did at 8:30....lol
Thanks - writing is really therapeutic for me - I self analyze myself all the time......lol. Gawd, drive myself nuts.
Baby sister wrote back saying she probably wouldn't make it this weekend - she feels fluish and her car is leaking gas. Thinking it might be better if we had a chance for the 5 children to visit. It has been a long time for that. I was going to buy some frisbees for the kids to play with. My last garnishment paycheck....it was 280-something a check but tomorrows is only 166....wow....the time went by so fast. I will never complain about having no money again....:D
Had a salmon salad for lunch. Can't wait to get into my shorts and breathe again.

Jules???? Where are you today?? Chat with you all later - need to wrap things up here.

chickiemama67
07-14-2006, 12:36 AM
pig theme huh??? ok i finally found one i liked.....i found another one but it says pig out so i thought this one would be better lol.....anyway, we had to take oldest dd to volleyball camp today to clemson.......7 hours in a car sucks!!! my back is so stiff and im all swollen. anytime i have to sit too long i retain water.....blah!!! and of course we ate fast food all day....another blah!!! hopefully i can get my butt in the gym this weekend to get rid of any weight thats snuck up on me.
ill post more tomorrow im off to bed.
nite nite
shawna

suetalks
07-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Hi fellow kindergarteners. :)
Yes, SuzyQ I have been having computer trouble and have pulled almost all of my hair out. Next step is throwing the whole darn thing through the window! Might make it hard to sell the house however....so, nope!

Actually, for Bep, Susan NYC and anyone else who doesn't know me: I am an old lady...an old, will-powerless, overweiight, gray haired woman. I have grown kids and almost grown "grands." Retired DH and I are building a new home, with a nice workshop for him as he does woodworking. Trying to sell the house we built 28 years ago...and raised our combined family in. (yours, mine and ours) So, that's me in a nutshell....with all the other nuts!

Katy- So glad you have drywall. I was excited to see the drywall at our new place too. Now it is even primed and ready to paint. Yay! You added to an exsisting house didn't you? I know you will love it.

Bep- If you are having gallbladder trouble it might account for your hunger...not that it makes you hungry, but you feel the need to feed that ache/pain.

Cristina- You are doing so well with your walking and It Figures. I have actually gotten back to walking and it feels good. Even did the WATP some this week. It is so hot here right now that it is easier to walk indoors. I got rid of a treadmill awhile back, so have to rely on WATP.

SuzyQ- I am sorry for all you are going through. It is hard enough to lose a loved one, but then to deal with what you are. ((hugs)) to you.

Sassy, Jules, SusanNYC, Shawna, Michelle....If I am missing some, sorry, but hate to try to go back to other threads...with this computer I might never get back here. LOL.
Showed the house today and will show it the next two days. Please..someone just BUY it. :) It is a lovely house, just too big for us and too much yard to keep up with. AND no workshop for my DH.

Happy Friday to all you working gals. One day is just like another when you are retired. :)

Scuzin
07-14-2006, 01:19 AM
Hi everyone

Another uneventful day at my house. My mother is sick and had been home from work so its kinda grim around here. Getting a lot of water in this evening so that's good. I wish I had more to talk about! oh well...34 days and I'll be crazy busy when I fly east.

SuzyQ - That was a very nice letter :hug:

Bep - still hopeing you're well!

Cristina - I've recently started working out in the mornings too...but 8am is as early as I can get up! So don't feel bad about missing 6:30. I shudder to think of september when I'm going to have to be up at FIVE THIRTY if I want to work out in the morning!

Sassy_Chick
07-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi Ladies.

Very Quick here. Just wanted to say I finally got to sleep about 11:30 or so.....was very tired at work, but I made it! :D

Just FYI: I never ask hub to clean, he does it all on his own because he knows the things that aggrivate my back and doesn't want it going out on me. Plus he loves cooking too. ;) I usually take care of the majority of it myself, only time I don't is when my back is hurting and about to go out. Anyways didn't want you all thinking I'm a lazy slacker that has my husband doing all the housework......(hmmmmmmmmm.......) lolllllll (JUST KIDDING!)

Now I'm off to bed!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Good Friday Ladies!

jules1216
07-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Sue-a couple I work with sold the house they lived in for the whole 20 years they have been in the area--he's in sales and travels alot and she works in the office--he is thinking to retire since he is turning 65 but may try to work until she retires she is four years younger. She says at 61 she couldn't keep up with a four bedroom house (with the three grown children gone years ago) and the 5 acre partly steep hill yard that went with it. They got a beautiful two bedroom villa in a community that they can pay for mowing of the postage size lot and snow removal in the winter.

SuzyQ-Have to agree that "Blessed Assurance" makes me cry. There's a few more I really get choked up on one is a song called "Where were You" that makes me cry too. Hope you feeling better--why is it when the world throws us curves it has to add to the ones we are fighting to lose? (Both physically-weight and emotionally--the baggage and feelings that get brought back up) Those darn dryers shrink stuff--it's the skirt not you!!! Hope you have a better day at least you have two laughing girls.

Cristina--my son truly doesn't care about his name-girls seem to hate theirs. I know I hated Julie--there were just too many of that name in the school I went--there were 2 in my class, 3 in the class ahead and two in the class behind. My Mom told me that she wanted Suzanne or Melissa, Dad wanted Julia for some reason (probably one of his other women's name) They settled on Julie but Mom said not Julie Ann--I ended up being Julie Maxine after my grandmother---really hated the middle name!! Now I love that I was named after my grandmother...

Sassy--Hope you're feeling better! DH helps with the cleaning--used to cook when we were first together but has apparently forgotten how....that and laundry...oh and he NEVER washes dishes.....but he sweeps, mops, picks up , etc...

SusanNYC--don't forget about us when you move to NY--we want to hear about your adventures in the Big Apple!!

Shawna--I hate when the weight sneaks up on you--7 hour car rides do make for sore backs!!

Katy--hey there--have you said what color your drywall is going to be painted?

Michelle-Is your youngest going to college? Even if she doesn;t she will be off to the work world after she graduates and you will get the empty nest thing too. Take Susan up on her offer to hang out--take a class at a community college--pick up a new hobby--join a gym--believe me it's not easy, but if you can find something new it helps. Start now instead of waiting for it to happen and the feeling overwhelms you.

Hey Kathy--where are you!!

Bep--Hope your feeling better--lots of yucky stuff you're going through!!

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday--busy day at work and then I got my hair trimmed and then went with DD to DS's to pick up her air conditioner & cds and help her get the ac in her living room window. DS was watching a zombie movie--I got him a book called "The Zombie Survival Guide" for his bday--It's hilarious--was in the humor section at Walden Books. Anyway, my kids informed me that if I turned into a zombie that they couldn't kill me--they decided that they would tie me to a chair or keep me in a secure room and throw me food. Too funny...

I am off to work a few hours and then grocery shopping!!

FrouFrou
07-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

I am finally up early but am feeling sleepy now, zzzzzzzzz. Was up at 6:30 so I may go lay down for about a hour before heading out. I don't do well when I don't get enough sleep, Ms Groucho here. Anyway, had to check something and thought I would check in on you chickies and say Hi. I have some errands to run, house cleaning to do and going to It Figures and will be back later to post individuals.

Have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
07-14-2006, 12:38 PM
It is almost 10 after the hour and no one is here but me!!! What the heck - a holiday no one told me about???
My carpet was cleaned this morning -thank goodness! Now manybe I can breathe.
Sue - you aren't old!!! I would love to buy your home! Do you have a picture?? How many sq feet?? Place for a doggie and a treadmill and a dart board I can put Mikes and Nasty SM pic on......throw darts and inflict pain??? lol woo - it is payday!!!
Cristi - so weird to have you post early. I usually sit here and wait allllllll day for you to get the morning chores done......come back and chat!!! :D
Jules - hi.......shopping?? I almost forget what that is like....lol...soooooo glad to have my garnishment over!!!! woo hoo.......it is a beautiful song. I will have to go look up the other one you mention. Rach was bored last night and wanted to come to work with me. I said no ,,,but she could be dropped off at my mothers or sisters .....or she could have stayed at the sitters too and help with the kids....she is sleeping instead....lol - my pants and shirts are shrinking too!!! lol
Susan/NYC - what are you plans for the weekend?? I would be soooo excited if I was going to NYC!! Lucky girl.......HOPE today to see that apt today in GS - we might be neighbors soon:fr: yup.....there goes the neighborhood....haha.
Shawna - 7 hours in the car sounds horrid! ick...I use to be able to do that but the thought now makes me wanna get in bed and pull the covers over my head. I went from PDX to BC once ,non stop.....100 mph....I don't think I could do that anymore....lol - yikes......I don't think I want the police to know that!! Flush your system out with water!! :D

Bep !!! Hope you are well - Michelle - lovely weather!! HUGS to you !! Katy - I got my Insight paper last night! I never have heard of the DASH diet before - has anyone here??

*sigh* I need to get to work - chat later!

Scuzin
07-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Morning

Another long day at my house. I guess I should clean, at least I'll be doing something productive. Seems like a slow couple days around here! Where is everyone???

SuzyQ - good luck with the finding a new place!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day

Mom2Gaby
07-14-2006, 03:24 PM
I would post more Susan.NYC but I keep losing them and it is maddening! What a pain.
You just killing time until you go to NYC? You the baby of the family?? what is the age range of the siblings??
I hope to see the unit today! I wanted to see what the inside looks before I decided. I like the location though - RiverRd has some nice places but I didn't want to be on that side of the major blvd.
I went to TJ and bought a crab Lousie salad - lo cal - it is really good! I also picked up some gala apples......

better get! Hope you all are having a good day!

chickiemama67
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM
hi everybody,
im at work 11-10:30 today......blah!!! but i get off work at 5 tomorrow and might be possibly going to nashville to spend the night, our 18th anniversary is sunday so we might go there for that. dhs best friend from high school is one of the chefs at the grand ole opry hotel so he is going to hook us up with a good deal on a room and dinner. not a 100% sure if were going yet but i hope so!!!
well i reckon i need to get back to work.
shawna

Mom2Gaby
07-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Shawna wow - I have never been married 18 years! Congrats......I am at work too - ick! Still smelling the stink from my carpet. I cashed my paycheck and really want to go home now....:D I think I am getting a headache from this mildew smell.
Talking to my mom - <roll eyes> ,,,better pay attention to her. ....lol

FrouFrou
07-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Back again but only for a minute again. Been on the computer since about 1 scanning, downloading and uploading pictures-UGH! I really need to get a digital camera! Who would have thought it would have taken this long? Not me...anyway...not much time to chat now. But I promise to be back a little later and do individuals. I was surprised to see that I was still signed in...sometimes I don't bother signing off because I will just be back and that is when it usually times out I guess. :dunno: This time it saved me a minute or so by not having to sign in. Let's see if it does it again. :D Hope everyone is having a good Friday and T.G.I.F! Not sure why because I don't do anything special on the weekends when V works, lol. Just good knowing it is the end of the week I guess. :dizzy:

BBL

jules1216
07-14-2006, 06:37 PM
SuzyQ--maybe you are getting the headache from listening to your mom...(teehee...j/k!!) I have been married for 18 years too...I can't believe sometimes that we have been together for 20 years--that's half of my life....

Cristina--I need to get a digital camera too--trying to get bills down so this time next year we only have utilities so we are putting off buying anything right now.....vacationing at home...some fun.....

Shawna--my dad and stepmom love Hashville and the GOO. DH and I would like to go sometime.

Well I gotta go --doing a couple of things that needed done around the house and laundry of course..for some reason I am soooo tired and I haven't even taken my muscle relaxer yet...maybe I will skip it tonight...I may be back later..if not good night all!!

Mom2Gaby
07-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Jules - *sigh*......I can't stand this *&^% smell. I just feel faint...and ill and perhapes I can take legal action and sue for making me work with fungus growing on my walls.....and no, I am not talking about my co worker,,,,,though he is a dream compared to this BS smell.....hehe
Cristi - Why does V have to work on the weekends?? Maybe you can go do some window shopping or go see a movie?? I would love to do that - without the kids trailing behind - whining and pouting.

ugh,,,,,,,,I feel so sick...someone made me a strong cold latte drink. I am zooming with nowhere to go...........

Now my brother doesn't want to come to out gathering on Sunday *sigh* we are falling apart....hope he changes his mind.

Going to call that landlord and make sure we are still on for tonight. My mom goes "I hope he doesn't treat emergencies in your unit like this..." blah - blah....

k- chat later!!

Scuzin
07-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Today my downfall had been cheez-its. Handfuls of them. They were there, staring me down and I gave in to the cheesy goodness. I'll be sure to drink a lot of water to combat the effects of all that salt.

Shawna - Congrats on 18 years!!!!!

SuzyQ - I am the youngest but not the baby, my sister held on to that title tooth and nail even after I was born ;) There are five of us in all, the older ones are pretty close in age and then I came along 8 years later...I was a "surprise"

FrouFrou
07-15-2006, 12:04 AM
Hi again ladies!

Meant to get on sooner but it just wasn't happenin'. And of course now I am ready for bed, zzzzzzzzzzzz....

SUZYQ...V works on the weekends because he has too. Stupid company realizes that the 300+ planes they were supposed to get out by years end isn't going to happen so they go to mandatory overtime, which means he goes in at 4 a.m.-3:30 during the week and 4 a.m.-1:30 on the weekends in the hopes of making their quota. Which they never do. You would think after all these years of doing things this way they would know that it is not going to happen. I love the song you shared...that is really nice. And a very nice post. There are three songs that get to me and I love...He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother, Amazing Grace (my fav!), and a song from Elvis (his gospel days) called You'll Never Walk Alone....talk about a tear jerker. Blessed Assurance is a good one too and I like Just As I Am. man when I was younger I just thought I could sing with the best of them at Church...now I just hum, lol. So why won't your brother go to the get-together now? You need to tell him he better be there or else, lol!

JULES...my sisters name is Julie Ann and I have always liked that name, and Julia. Isn't it funny how kids don't like their names. Josh doesn't like his...he likes his mn which is David and I do call him that sometimes. Jason goes by J. Myles because he likes Myles better and Carrie just plain old doesn't like either one of her names, lol. Their dad picked their first names and I choose the mn's. Of course if I didn't like the first names I wouldn't have gone with them, lol. Nathan(iel) I picked...I was a meany and didn't let V have any say so about it, lol. He liked the names though so it was fine. I wish though that I would have taken my moms advice and done family names for the boys as mn's. But with the kids unique, long last name I think something kind of plain was in order.

SASSY/SHEL...oh, I would never think you were a slacker. I know a lot of women who's DH's clean for them and cook and it doesn't mean one is a slacker. Just nice having such a sweetheart of a hubby to do that for ya. Mine would if I ask...I just don't ask, he works hard enough. Plus I have always been a housewife and just do it to fill my time. Talk about a slacker...I would hire a maid if it didn't cost so much, lol! I really hate cleaning! Did you guys finally decide on a car? I thought of you today when I saw a Honda Element...it was rather nice, a really pretty, shiny black.

KATY...sorry, no x rated pics of monkies. I did however come across an x-rated Arnold Swartznegger...ummm, I'll leave it at that. :o

SUSAN/NYC...did you say 5:30?! Yikes! For a while I was getting up at 4:30 and taking DH to work and that was killing me. I wouldn't even be awake when I took him either! How dangerous is that? I just have never been a morning person. Even though for years I have gotten up early to get kids ready for school and take them. you would think I would have gotten used to it, but no, never will.

Hi SUE...I agree...you are not an old woman. Age is just a bunch of numbers anyway. Glad you have gotten back to your walking, it does feel good to get out there and do it doesn't it? How's the house selling coming along? Hope you guys get it sold soon!

BEP...how are you feeling? Did they find out anything? Check in with us when you get a chance.

Okay, Hi to everyone else :wave: I need to get going. I am so sleepy-I am surprised I made it this long with getting up so early. I have to get up early tomorrow also so I can go walk before it gets hot. Supposed to be up to 101 I think it was...hate this heat...I am dying over here. SuzyQ and Michelle I think you guys wished you hot weather away and we got it!

Nighty, night ladies...see ya tomorrow.

FrouFrou
07-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Almost forgot....

HAPPY
ANNIVERSARY
SHAWNA!

:woo: :cheers: :val3: :val1: :val2: :balloons: :val2: :val1: :val3: :cheers: :woo:

Whatever you guys do, I hope you have the bestest time ever! :love:

suetalks
07-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi all.....Just a "fly-by" posting right now. I am on IM with my CA daughter.

Hope you are all planning a lovely week-end. I have no plans, just more housework and ironing. Every day is a Sat. to me.

SuzyQ I would love for you to buy my house. Do you like the mid-west? It is HOT here right now and so humid! But, I have 4 bedrooms, 2 baths...3/4 acre yard surrounded by pine trees. Good place to raise kids for sure.
Shawna, Jules..congrats to both on 18 years married...I will have 30th in Jan.

Later gals!

suetalks
07-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Crisitna- Hello...almost missed you. It takes me forever to type a post..and several can chime in before I get done. :) Isn't this heat the worst? I hate it. Hope you get up early and walk before it scorches you. I will stay inside thank you.
No bites on the house yet, but it hasn't been long yet. It just seeeemmms long.

Sassy_Chick
07-15-2006, 07:22 AM
I'm sorry I copied and pasted this from another thread! Forgive me, please! I just got off of work and I'm tired......Thanks Ladies! :hug:

Hi Ladies.

This is a call out for your help. I am pasting what I sent to Jane in a PM message. (hope that is okay, I'm very tired from working all night)

"I still haven't been doing well with my eating habits. :o We still eat out a lot and eat bad foods. It is taking its toll on me. I can feel it. So from now on I am reaching out asking for help. I'm asking my friends, family, etc. to question me about my eating habits and exercising. Its the only way. Nothing else is working so I know if I am held accountable then I will do something. So if you wouldn't mind helping me out with this, I would appreciate it. I am also going to ask the other girls as well. :^:

I'm afraid if I don't do something soon, I won't be here for much longer. :cry: I want to die an old lady, not 31 with a McDonalds bag in my hand!!!!!! :o "

So I am going to create a fitday thing (if anybody can please give me that link, I'd appreciate it) so I can log EVERYTHING I eat so I have to be held accountable. I plan on getting rid of ALL the bad foods tomorrow before work. We are going to buy all healthy stuff and no more bad foods. IF I eat out I HAVE to get a salad or a grilled chicken sandwich or wrap minus all the crap. NO exceptions!

If you are willing to help me out and would like my info (email addy, messenger ID's) then please PM me with your info and I'll PM you back with mine.

I thank you ladies so much!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

jules1216
07-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Sassy--I haven't tried fit day but alot of people on this site love it and some don't. It's hard working long days to not just stop for something fast because you're too tired to cook and clean up afterwards.

Shawna--Happy Anniversary to you--hope you & DH are in Nashville enjoying yourselves!

Sue--Wow 30 years!! Your house sounds nice..the housing market around here seems to have dropped off with rising interest rates and gas prices. Hope yours sells soon!!

Cristina--it's suppossed to be hot and humid here today too. DH said "we" weren't going run the ac this summer and save on the electric bill--it's been running this week.......I hate walking outside and feeling wet due to the humidity.

SusanNYC--I love chez-its too, luckily for me with the "health" campaign at work they aren't carrying them in the snack rooms anymore...And tell your sister that saying she's the baby and not you "It's her lie and she can tell it any way she can live with it" A lady at work told a girl that one time and it cracked me up and me & the kids use it and the "visiting Cleo" line when someone is in denial--(son came up with that one--Cleopatra lived on "de-nile") He is so funny with switching words up.

SuzyQ--knowing everything you have said about your co-worker the smell must be bad if even he is better -- are they going to try and do anything about it over the weekend while you aren't there? Is this your brand new nice office???? Doesn't sound like something you should be breathing....Hey--how'd the apartment look???

Bep--WHERE are you--we need an update to make sure you are okay--since we don't know where you are we can't come looking!!

Hi to Katy, Michelle and Kathy...hope you are all well..

Nothing special planned for today--I have to stack the wood sometime and I am going to work tommorrow..I am getting so far behind it is at the point that I can't find anything....

bep
07-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Hello everyone. I am just checking in for a second. I am still sick and my side is really hurting. I am waiting for results on my u/s on my gall bladder. I am totally tired all the time and am nausiated quite a bit. I hope it doesn't take them forever to get the results.

I am not going to go through all the posts because this may seem weird, but reading on the computer is making me nausiated. But, I hope you are all doing well.

FrouFrou
07-15-2006, 03:13 PM
HAPPY SATURDAY LADIES!

Kind of quiet around here...where is everyone? SuzyQ where are you? You are usually always the first to post.

SUE...I would love to have your house too! I would definitely love to move to another state, just about anywhere for a change of scenery. If DH could get a good job somewhere else I would be outta here. I read on the JL's thread that you haven't even thought about curtains or picked carpet for the new house, yikes woman! End of August will be here before you know it.

JULES...sorry you have to work today, but hopefully you will get somewhat caught up. How is the co-worker/friend doing anyway? No air, :yikes: My dad growing up never believed in having air, ick! One time he broke down and bought a window unit and and would tell us to not turn it on. Ummm, what was the point of buying it? Of course we always did...he got rid of it soon after. He likes having the open windows and fans going. If I have air, I am going to use it and man it seems like ours has been going non-stop the last few days. We always have our ceiling fans going too, the whole year round.

BEP...glad you checked in. You know, the more you talk about your pain the more it sounds like gallstones...I had had so many attacks it sounds just like a lot of them. The worst one I ever had the after effects were just as awful as the attack...took me a almost 2 weeks to get back to normal. They kept diagnosing it as an ulcer and sending me home so half the time I never said anything to DH#1, just dealt with it. It got bad in '95 though and because of complications (jaundice & pancreatis) I had to be in the hopsital longer than it normally takes to remove a gallbladder. Ah, memories. Anyway, I hope they find out soon what is wrong so you can get it taken care of and feel better. :hug: :hug:

SASSY/SHEL...I tried FitDay once and it was so time consuming I didn't go back. It was easier for me to just write things down. As far as eating out...that too has always been my downfall. For too many years DH#1 and DH#2 and I ate out way too much over the years. I have cut that back drastically and when I do eat out it is a treat. But, you can eat out and eat decent if you try. Just have to be conscious of what you are putting in your mouth. Not working nights I can only imagine the schedule and how easy it is to just pick up something rather than to go home and fix something. Just know that we are here for you though. :hug: :hug:

HI SUSAN/NYC, SUZYQ, SHAWNA, KATY, KATHY, MICHELLE :wave:

Nothing special going on with me today. It is a scorcher for sure! :flame: :hot: :hot: :flame: Went out to water the back yard this morning at 9:30 and it was already hot then. I didn't get up early (not sure what my problem is) and get to the park to walk before it got too hot so treadmilling it today. Okay, and so I am lazy and doing short walks all day rather than one long walk. It helps me do the walking on the treadmill. Later on I am going to straighten the house and vacuum and then just hibernate indoors...I do not do well in this heat. Going to get some reading done and possibly finish my book, get pretty close to finishing anyway. Should go rent some DVD's...hmmm, that does sounds good-maybe later. Anyway...

Take care ladies and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Scuzin
07-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Hello

Running around with errands and things today, just bought a microwave with my mother and am going down with my dad to visit my grandmother. Not too exciting but I am getting out of the house!

cristina/bep - I agree, sounds like my attacks too. I was misdiagnosed at first as well. So I hope if it is gallstones they find out right away!!!
and cristina I don't think there is anything wrong with doing short walks instead of long as long as you get it done!

FrouFrou
07-15-2006, 04:18 PM
HI SUSAN :wave:
Yay, to you for getting out of the house. When it's as hot as it is here it makes me sluggish and lazy. I read somewhere before that it didn't really matter if you did short walks as long as you did a significant amount of time and you are moving so...it helps when walking on the treadmill. I would love to go visiting family but they are 7 1/2 hours away, not so easy, especially with gas prices what they are, :yikes: Sounds like you are having a nice day though, shopping with your mom and then going to see your grandma. Hope you have a nice visit.

Was still on and saw that Susan had posted so thought I would say Hi again. Hope everyone is having a nice, cool day. Chat later gators. :wave:

luckycharm
07-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Happy Saturday everyone

We are just getting ready to go to DH company golf tournament.

SuzyQ are you using a laptop or a regular computer? I have to use DH work laptop because our computer got a virus, and it has to go in and get fixed, and I find on this stupid thing that if miss a key and hit the wrong thing, which is quite often I lose my post. It makes me a little cranky when that happens. And it never happens at the beginning, always at the end of a long post. Do you have a dog? Or do you just walk down to the doggy park? DD told me to F off a couple weeks ago also. How come they know how to break our heart?

Bep :hugs: to you. I hope that you get your results and they can make you all better really quickly.

Cristi does V's company come close to making their quota? Does he actually have to work 7 days a week, and how often does he get a day off? No wonder when he gets a day off you just spend it with him. I really would have liked to see the wife swap show you were talking about. I couldn't imagine having to go into that house, especially the one that had to go in as she would have come from a pet free spotless house, and to have to clean that up would probably have tortured her.

Susan NYC hope you have a good day running errands and visiting your grandmother. My DD and I took my mom to a concert yesterday and we all had a great time.

Sassy :hugs: to you. I tried out fitday and found it to time consuming. I just bought a notebook and starting writing everything down, what I ate during the day, how I felt, what sort of exercise I did during the day. It actually helped. I have stopped writing in my book, and I seemed to have fallen off my good wagon. So let us together try and make that a goal, and we can work on that together and see if that helps us out at all.

Jules, how are things going with you? My brother and SIL have 4 kids under the age of 4. All boys. My SIL wanted to have a girl so bad with the last one, that they had some genetic testing done to make sure it was a girl. The tests came back that they were having a girl. The ultrasound showed a girl. They picked girls names, we all bought girls clothes, she wanted me to come in with her for moral support, etc....(you know where this is going don't you?) Anyway baby is born and she ends up being a he. Now they are expecting baby #5. Please let this one be a girl..... If I could I would come and help you get caught up. Hugs and hope that your day goes exactly perfect for you so you are done everything quickly.

Shawna happy anniversary, hope that you guys are having a great weekend.

Katy, any big plans for the weekend? How are the kids enjoying the summer vacation so far?

Hi Sue isn't the IM a great thing when you have family that lives away? Hope that you have a great Saturday.

Michelle :hugs: :hugs:

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Well my Mom bought DD and her boyfriend concert tickets for the concert in Edmonton last night. It was Micheal Carey (I've never heard of him) Arron Prichette, Amanda Wilkenson, Big and Rich with Cowboy Troy, and Allan Jackson. Mom had wanted to go, but she let DD take her BF. I ended up with 4 free tickets to this concert at the very last minute, so I took Mom, and DD's boyfriends mother and brother to this concert. It was outside at the football Stadium. It was really good, although the only one that I went to see was Allan Jackson. Everyone had a good time. It started at 5 and we got home at 3:00 this morning. Little guy however thought that I should get up with him at 7:00. Good thing that we now have a goat because I couldn't get up and I said, go take the goat for a walk with dad and then I will get up. I got to sleep for an extra hour and a half.

Did I mention that DD boyfriend moved in with us? I'm sure I'll be crying on all your shoulders lots in the next few months. Although I told his mother that we certainly don't mind having him, but I was going to let my DD move in with her. That is something she definately agreed on. How come kids are always better for someone else??

Ok I must run and I will chat later. I am definately pushing my luck as I have not yet lost my post

Kathy

Sassy_Chick
07-16-2006, 08:21 AM
:thanks: everybody! I sure do appreciate all the support and great ideas! :D

I like the idea of writing down everything and also keeping track of how I feel afterwards. I will try out fit day and see if I can keep up with it. If not I'll just write it down in a notebook. ;)

Thanks again! :hug:

jules1216
07-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Good Morning Girlies!!
Kathy--my DD wanted to marry Allen Jackson, Billy Ray Cyrus and Johnny Depp when she was little..well she still would go for Johnny Depp.....

Bep--I had kidneystones and they are painful--they never did figure out what went on with my DS but he's fine now....Hope you are feeiming better soon...

SusanNYC--it's nice to visit all your relatives before you leave--how long will it be before you get to go back home for a visit when you go to NY?

Cristina--we never had air growing up but the medication my mom is on makes her hot all the time--she jokes that she never got hot flashes while going through the change and now has them in her 70's!! This is a woman who wore a sweater in the evening in the summertime and was always cold!! Having major TOM issues--wish I would go through the change and be done with all this!!

Sassy--I was doing really good with writing everything down and then stopped with the anxiety attacks and helping the kids--gotta get back doing it...

Well, that's getting caught up on everyone who has posted since my last post--where's SuzyQ, Michelle ma belle and everyone else (we know Shawna is in Nashville and expect a full report when she checks back in!!)

jules1216
07-16-2006, 01:25 PM
HEY!!! Where is everyone--I am here at work trying to get my workload to a manageable level for FREE!!!! They gave me more responsibility, more work and changed me from hourly to salary so I don't get paid for today which bites...it would be nice to get a little OT once in awhile, but NOOOOOO.....I get anxiety attacks instead--I will make less this year than I did last year with no OT available--but let me miss a day or not have a full week in.....

Sorry for the vent--killer cramps and extreme irritability that even my little perscription pills aren't helping!! and nobody to talk too!! Back to work for me!!! At least my talkative coworker isn't here and the phones aren't ringing...the brightside right!! should make me happier!!!

Mom2Gaby
07-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Good Morning!

Checking in for a second. Why are you working on the weekend Jules - maybe I missed that.
There is a BBQ at my work place but I am not going. I had my family one planned. I don't know why co worker is doing it on the weekend. He planned the whole thing without ever asking me so he can flip his weiner(s) all by himself:o he is also making hamburgers and fried chicken. I don't know where this $$ is coming from....he also showed me my new $1300 desk and I said "it is too big and too expensive - what if I already picked one out???" Too late he said...not really. The one I wanted was $500. It is stupid to spend so much money on a desk.
I need to go to the store and pick up stuff for our family BBQ. Cristi - I hope brother is coming but he didn't say for sure. Baby sis isn't coming......claiming the flu and car problems. I think they are both upset with the money issue earlier in the week. blah - blah -

How are you Bep?

Kathy - No, we don't have a dog - we just go to the dog park - lol I am on a regular computer. What I could do with a lap top!!!! lol

Sassy :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I like the idea of writing the food intake down.

Susan /NYC I was in GS yesterday at the wadding pool . Lot of cute guys in that town - at least Rach thought so......lol how are you today???

Katy & Michelle- where are you guys????

Sorry- but I have to go! I need to pick up all the kids and take them to the pool so they can get their swimming out of the way before the adults get there @ the park.

Chat later!

jules1216
07-16-2006, 02:18 PM
SuzyQ--hope your family BBQ is fun and the girls have a good time swimming--I am here at work because I am so far behind I could cry, but I won't......the pile keeps GROWING bigger and bigger--more vacation requests coming in, co-worker doing better but still off on medical may be back part-time in August (I HOPE!!!) -- I will probably take another week in September when it cools down and do some more stuff around the house. Hubby wanted August--I told him I am waiting for September that we can take them separate since we are not actually going anywhere....will be glad when next summer gets here and everything is paid off and we can actually go somewhere!!

luckycharm
07-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Good morning everyone

We went to DH company BBQ last night, so Cole and I are just getting up. Cole hurt his ankle again which was starting to get better.

Jules, salary is the pits. The only good thing is (and I hope the company that you work for is a good company) that when you need time off you usually get it. When I worked for a different company they were really good about that. When my grandparents and DFIL passed away (3 in 3 months) they were really good and told me to take as much time with all 3 as I needed. Billy Rae Cyrus, haven't heard of him for such a long time. I wonder what ever happened to him.

Susan I hope that you have a good time today. Tell Coworker that the desk doesn't matter if he doesn't get your office cleaned and dehumidified and ready for you to work in without you getting sick in.

Sassy how are you feeling today? When Katy comes back, I think she knows of another web site that is along the same lines as fitday.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a great Sunday.

kathy

FrouFrou
07-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Hello ladies...

Not much going on today. Was up at 6 a.m. and surprised I am still wide awake. Got lots done and it didn't take long so spending lots of time on the ol' 'puter. Going to look up some more avatars. Have a few that I saved but want more so I can change it as often as I like, lol.

SUSAN...hope you and the girls had fun at the pool. OIC about brother and sis...of course I don't really blame them.

JULES...sorry you have to work today and it is TOM. :hug: Vacation...what the heck is a vacation? I would love to take one, and actually go somewhere out of this state. Hope you are getting caught up at work. That sucks that you don't get OT though, bummer. Billy RAe Cyrus has a show called Hannah Montana on some station...just saw it listed on the DirecTV guide, can't remember what station it was on...thinking it was the Hallmark channel. If I remember correctly, I think his daughter is in it with him. Remember seeing him on an awards show or something not too long ago talking about it and she was with him.

KATHY...V's work...they say it is mandatory but he could take the day off if he wanted. The money is so good though so he works. He gets tired of it but he still does it and has been for years. He's been with the company for 9 years now and no they never make their quota, lol. They get pretty close though. Have to especially when the planes are sold! That wife Swap was a funny one because the house she went to was a pig sty-you would not believe! And the woman that went to the goat house was anal about cleaning and keeping to her schedule. Her hubby was too. It's pretty funny sometimes but then other times it makes me angry when some of the people judge the others because they are not up too their standards, ugh. Glad you guys had a great time at the concert!

SHEL...how are you doing today? Did you get to FitDay?

Guess that's about all I have...gonna go look up some things and do some reading. See ya :wave:

jules1216
07-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Danger, danger Will Robinson...DD met a guy that reminds her of the ex.....scary...she still in love with him you know, the ex...her head says no but her heart says yes...she has been dating, not seriously with any one guy, I hope she doesn't fall for this one for a surrogate.....we think that DS dated a girl Tess because she looked like a girl he was in love with named Felicia...Felicia is around again...dating a guy DS works with..was at the apartment the other night...DD says she is cuter than ever...hopefully DS doesn't do anything really stupid..I LOVE his gf Alicia...and I hope DD doesn't fall for the ex look & act alike..... my head is spinning.......

chickiemama67
07-16-2006, 10:43 PM
well we didnt go to nashville, we went out to dinner at the bonefish grill, it was really good. the kids spent the night at the in-laws. it was a nice relaxing evening. then this morning i woke up with a daggum migraine, so ive spent the whole day in the bed today.....grrrrrr!! hopefully i will be able to sleep tonight since i have to be at work at 7 am in the morning. we are planning on going to nashville with in the next month or so. well im going to get my shower and try to get to sleep.
nite nite,
shawna

Mom2Gaby
07-16-2006, 10:49 PM
danger danger Will Robinson......over,danger over....what show is that from Jules??? Yikes on the DD attraction to a look alike.
hmmmm, dare I dare say I was thinking of Mike in a sexual way this morning?
Naw, I better not...lol
Ick - I was though. Hands down best sex I ever had....yikes, should I say that?? ha
anyway, brownie sugar high happening!
I think I am going to bed after a cool shower . I dread the weigh in tomorrow, I am sure I have gained back.....my sisters say "you look healthy" whatEVER,,,I call it fat,fat,fat.....point me in the fried chicken direction and I am one happy camper. *oink,*oink.....
It was just the sisters today and their families - 1sis and 2 brothers MIA. Maybe next month we will have calmed down......can't we all just get a long? It will be Rachels B-Day I mentioned going down to Enchanted Forest and they agreed....that might be fun.
I am soooooo far behind & salaried too Jules. I just do what I can in 8 hours and I am out of there - there will always be work.

anyway.....I am exhausted. Hope you all have had a nice weekend......

chat tomorrow and don't forget weigh in!!! yay.....:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Scuzin
07-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Hi

I too am dreading the weigh in. I was thinking the other day that I may be feeling some more room in my jeans in the thy region (though not the gut :( ) but this morning there was the dreaded pulling on of the jeans after they had just been washed. So much for the extra room...it was more like a sausage casing and they were unwearable. UGH. I will be amazed if I haven't gained a pound.

Shawna - hope that migrane gets better :(

Sassy_Chick
07-17-2006, 06:43 AM
Hey Ladies.

Feeling okay today. Just really tired. I'm glad this was my "Friday" Now I'm off for 3 days! :D

Work is taking its toll on me.............Just a lot of drama again........I know there is drama at every workplace but I'm just glad I'm off for a few days! lol.

Will come back in later on today after I've gotten some sleep :tired: and respond to posts.

I hope you all are doing well! :hug:

bep
07-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Good morning!

Well....weigh-in day it is...looks like I go first.

Last week my weigh-in was 222. 2 days ago I actually weighed in at 215!!! Unfortunately, that was just from puking and being too sick to eat. I have eaten 'somewhat' normally for about 2 days now so I have my fluids back in me.

Today's weigh-in is 219.

I am still really sore and waiting for the results of my u/s. I hope this gets resolved soon...I am so sick of waiting around feeling crummy.

bep
07-17-2006, 09:33 AM
SuszyQ...who is in your avatar? You probably already said, but I missed it...have been in la la land.

jules1216
07-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Shawna--sorry about the migrane and not going to Nashville, but no kids in the house and going out to eat was a treat

Bep--sorry you're not feeling well either....I hope you get the results soon and can start feeling better...

Sassy--I think there is always at least one person causing work place drama everywhere I have worked...I love my three day weekends...

SusanNYC--jeans are always tighter after they have been in the dryer....

SuzyQ--The Will Robinson thing is from the robot in "Lost in Space". She has been going through one of her missing the ex stages--the look-alike guy is working in the area temporarily for his company--he actually is from TX---not sure how long he will be here...I heard him while I was on the phone with DD and he even sounds and laughs like the ex.....Do I need to remind you that there is a reason that Mike is your ex???? My DH gets on me if I work more than the required hours...he says we are here enough and nobody says thanks when you do anything extra.....I just needed to do it for me--I was getting to crazy not being able to find things....

Cristina--DH says next year we can actually take a vacation--he wants to go to AZ to visit his cousins and to either Myrtle Beach SC or a beach in FL

Kathy--the co I work for doesn't care how much extra you work, just don't miss any of your time....

Hi to everyone else--back to work...I feel like I was just here.....

RosieKate
07-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Good morning!

Sorry I've been MIA - due to the usual busy-ness around here plus I seem to have picked up a tummy virus. Yesterday I was really out of it for most of the day. Lots of nausea and the runs, yuck. Thanks to the viral diet, I am down 2 pounds.

Hopefully I will get some more time to do individuals, but until then I hope everyone has a great day.... and a great weigh in!

K

jules1216
07-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Katy--not a fun way to lose weight!! Hope you are better soon!

Well the 4lb gain last week put me up to 214 and weighing this morning all bloated from TOM I am down to 213. Wish it was more but I'll take what I can get. If I don't get back to 210 by next week I am going to have to change my ticker...:(

bep
07-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Hello everyone!

I called around today trying to get my u/s results...boy...that was a hassle. They were trying to tell me the only way I could get them was to drive all the way to the hospital and pick them up in person. Finally, I got someone in the ER that understood what was going on and got a Dr in the ER to look up the results.

Anyway...the results are "normal levels". I asked if that means I don't have gall stones and she said yes. So...I am at a loss for what is going on in my body. Aside from the swelling in my intestines; my CATscan, X-ray, bloodwork, and u/s all came back normal. Weird. I still feel yucky and I have a constant side cramp so something is up...I just have no clue what it is.

I found a primary care doctor that was willing to set up an appointment for me next week, so I have an appointment next Monday. Maybe this is something that resolves on it's own??? They gave me some strong pain killers for when I am in real pain. I only take them if it gets bad.

Anyway...I will give the whole story to my new doctor on Monday and see what he thinks. Until then, looks I continue just taking it easy and hoping it goes away on it's own.

Mom2Gaby
07-17-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't know what is wrong with you Bep - sounds maddening though!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: to all of you that are feeling icky!!! Avatar was me, younger bro and oldest sister with our father . I was 5 yrs old.

UP .......on the scale. Think there is kitty food lodged in the scale. Pretty sure I am really 128. Can't believe it said 169.....yikes. .....sure is off *snicker*.......

Jules- ex was a drug infested roach...final answer!! ..he was great at sex though....hehe

ok, think I deserve a cup of coffee.....chat in a bit...

Scuzin
07-17-2006, 12:34 PM
morning

Well I was right. I haven't lost anything. I'm right where I was. maybe the needle was a *hair* on the other side of the line, but no real loss. I'm sad of course but I know what's to blame. I really need to watch my portions pay more attention and drink lots of water. ARG.

SuzyQ - that is such a cute picture :)

Bep - yikes, I hope you find out what the problem is soon!

jules1216
07-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Just got word that my DH's step-father passed away after a long and painful battle with cancer. The viewing is on Wednesday evening and the funeral is on Thursday morning. My DH is not going, DD wants to and can't talk to DS until tonight. It is a nine hour one way trip. My SIL doesn't know if she really wants to go and is trying to get in touch with her daughter. MIL wants to go but I don't want to be in the car with her for nine hours one way and I don't know if she will make a scene at the services or not. The step-father had and affair at 65 after 30 years of marriage with MIL's 45year old best friend and got her pregnant. It was a very nasty divorce and MIL and SIL and her DD have always trashed the new wife. The SIL has been asking me if I know if she and DH are getting anything or the kids are getting any $, MIL gets $100,000 from a life insurance policy that is written into the divorce. I hate drama!!!

Mom2Gaby
07-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Ick , Jules. I am getting hives just reading that. Hope everyone can control themselves at the funeral. I am sorry for the stress.
I am heading to my friends going away. I think I will stop at Wendys for some chili, I am craving beans! It will be nice just to get out of the office for a bit!
Thanks Susan/NYC - how is your day going???
Katy - hope you are feeling better today!

I better go - beans call.

Scuzin
07-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone

I've recovered from my disappointment this morning at having no loss and am redoubling by efforts especially with food. Its going to be tough...especially living in this house...I wo'nt be able to work out tomorrow because I get a day at the beach :) the rough thing will be keeping on plan while eating lunch at a road cafe.

Jules - I'm so sorry :hug: I hope everything gets figured out and the ride is not too awkward

bep
07-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Scuzin...go YOU!!! Brush off the dust and kick it up a notch!!! Have fun at the beach!

Jules...Sounds like a toughie...I hope things go

Sassy_Chick
07-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Happy HOTTTTTTTT Monday!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I sweated out about 15 pounds while out and about today!!!!!! lol.

Okay so today I had Chinese. We went to a buffet -- not a good idea, but I think I did good. I got a LITTLE bit of everything (except the fried foods, I skipped those, well I did eat some Crab Rangoon, but that was it for the fried stuff!) I also found out that by eating Spicy foods, it does two things. It makes me SWEAT (even more than I already was) so that is another calorie burner, and it makes me not want to eat a bunch of it so I don't over eat!!!!! I think this is the best thing since sliced cheese for me! lollllllllllllllllllllll.

I plan on trying out my new Walking At Home DVD because its just too darn hot to walk outside!!!!!!!!!!!

Jules - So sorry to hear about your hubs Step father. I know drama always adds to an already bad situation. I hope it all goes smoothly as possible. :hug:

Bep - So sorry your so sick! I hope they can find out what is causing the problems!!!!!!!!!!!! I am at a loss too for what it could be. I thought for sure they would say it was your gallbladder because it sounded so simular to hub when he was having problems! What other tests are they going to do? (if you don't mind me asking?) I hope they find the problem and soon as I know its no fun at all being sick! :hug:

Hope You feel better too, Katy! :hug:

Susan - I diddo what Bep said! You can do it. :cheer: Have fun at the beach tomorrow! Be sure to wear sunscreen! ;)

Suzy Q - You silly girl craving beans, eh? lol. Enjoy! ;)

Have a Wonderful Night! I know I am, because I am NOT at work! WHOO-HOO! and I always have 3 days off. lol. I love it. It makes working longer hours worthwhile! lol.

If anybody is online and wants to chat, just PM me with your ID's! I have AIM, Yahoo and MSN.

jules1216
07-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Well, we are taking two cars. MIL,SIL and her DD will ride in one, me, my DD and SIL's SO that doesn't get along with MIL in mine. DS can't take off and is calling grandfathers new wife who he actually gets along with very well. DH doesn't want to go--he said he and his step-father made peace and he isn't going. More drama--step-dad's five kids from first marriage don't get along with SIL or MIL--should make things interesting. I get along with the daughter that lives in NC and the two youngest sons.
DD & I say we are going because we loved him and the heck with everyone else--we will be there for each other. DD and I agree that this is the drama in only one branch of the family and MIL is at the center of most of it. It is why we both choose to get married at the courthouse and not have a wedding or reception.

bep
07-18-2006, 02:26 PM
DH was in an accident on the way to work this morning. He is OK though...just really shaken.

Here's how it went...
There were 4 cars going down this LOOOOOOONG country road. DH was car #4. Car #1 was going REALLY slow. After a while, DH decided to pass the cars in front of him. It was a loooooong straight road and no one was coming and cars #2 & #3 weren't passing. So, DH pulled out and started passing the cars. He got past car #3 and car #2 suddenly decided to pass car #1. DH had to hit his brakes to avoid hitting car #2. At about the same second, car #3 also decided to pass car #1 & car #2. Since DH (car #4) had to hit his breaks to avoid hitting car #2, he and car #3 went into a spin out. They ended up in the trench, on the other side of the road, pointing the opposite way they were heading, with car #3 on top of DH's car (#4). I can hardly believe they both walked away from this one.

Car #1 turned around and came back to make sure they were OK, but car #2 (who caused all this mess) took off and didn't come back.

It was such a mess that the cops had a hard time trying to figure out who was at fault. Finally they just ticketed DH for "failing to yeild" which is really weird because he was already occupying the lane when car #3 decided to pass in behind him. Only car #3 and DH were actually in the accident. I have a feeling the idiot who pulled out in front of him (car #2) took off because he knew it was his fault. Oh well...we aren't going to fight it. We would have to take it to small claims court and would only possibly save $500...minus court fees, so we decided just to go with it. It was such a mess, the cops did the best they could to try to figure out who's fault it was. Kind of hard to do when the real person at fault didn't end up in the pile and just disappeared.

DH said it took 30 minutes for any emergency vehicles to show up...I am soooooo glad no one got hurt. A person could die waiting that long for help to arrive! Pathetic!

Here is a pic of the whole mess...DH's car is the bottom one.

Mom2Gaby
07-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Cristi where ARE you???????:mag: :mag: :tantrum: :chin:

Mom2Gaby
07-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Good Morning,

Can you believe I called CS - my worker was off this week so I talked with someone else. I wondered and pondered if $800 can be taken out for "work related expenses" why couldn't child support?? It has been since May when I got $15 from him.
The worker said "we can't garnish because we don't have a reliable employer".....ummm what about ------- taxi cab?? Because I saw the taxi in front of his dads yesterday and called this morning to leave a message....they said yes he works there but he never comes in the office for messages...dang too bad- thanks anyway, I said....lol
I gave the info to the worker - they didn't have any info on the taxi cab company. I don't know how she could have modified without it....how do we know he pays $800 a month for work related expenses?? Because he says so?? yikes,.......I think not.

Need lunch......relative is about to have twin girls!! on my exs side....girls brother.....yikes....have to go to the bathroom!!

Mom2Gaby
07-18-2006, 03:46 PM
ok, I am going for a salad. I also need an eyeliner and a clipping for my hair. I miss Gaby.
I don't know how I am going to go to camp for a week without her.

Where is everyone??? Kathy? Michelle?? Bep?? Shawna??? Cristi?? Katy??

and everyone else????? miss you all - hope you guys are well!!!

RosieKate
07-18-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm here - just sick...so sorry for my lack of communication...I'll post more when I feel better.

Bep - so glad your DH is ok - that looked like a nasty accident.

bep
07-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Where is everyone??? Kathy? Michelle?? Bep?? Shawna??? Cristi?? Katy??

and everyone else????? miss you all - hope you guys are well!!!

Good night, SuzyQ!!!! I just posted before you!!! Silly girl! I can't hang out ALL day long!

chickiemama67
07-18-2006, 06:00 PM
hey everyone,
sorry ive been mia........were having issues with our cable router and i worked till close last night and didnt feel like dealing with moving the cable out of dhs laptop and in to mine......i didnt get to weigh in either. i have water aerobics tonight and then a volleyball game at 8. it is so hot here today, hopefully ill be able to lose some poundage!!!!
bep, i hope you figure out whats going on, it sucks to be hurting and not know whats wrong. glad dh is ok.
kate, hope youre feeling better!!
michelle, hugs miss seeing ya.
scuzin hope you had a good day at the beach
jules, all i gotta say is ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
sassy, amen on the hot monday............and tuesday!!!
hi everyone else.
shawna

Sassy_Chick
07-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey Ladies. I'm here.........sorta. Getting ready to have hub help me customize my new Magenta Razor phone! :D

TTYL!

Have a Good Evening Ladies! ;)

I Hope everybody has a great evening! We are going to our friends house tonight. I will be meeting the wife of our friend for the 1st time. A bit nervous about that. Hub has met her already and they have talked on the phone about her hubby's bday present. I get so nervous meeting new people, I'm always concerned how they will react when they see me. (being overweight and all) Especially since our friend has told us that his wife is very critical of people. So that makes me even more nervous. But I know its good to meet new people and so what if she doesn't like me, won't be the first person and definately won't be the last! lol. I just have an extremely hard time keeping women as friends, for some reason. I don't understand it, I don't think I'm that awful of a person, I mean I do have lots of guys as friends. I'm not a girly girl, so maybe that is why. I don't get into all the girly crap, but I do enjoy a few female things once in a while, just not to the extreme that some women take it. (hopes this makes sense and doesn't offend anybody?) I've just never been a "Girly girl". I used to fix my hair and do the make up thing in HS/early 20's, but that was about as "girly" as I got.

Anywho, I will let ya all know how it goes tonight, wish me luck! :^:

Mom2Gaby
07-18-2006, 07:27 PM
M*I*C*K*E*Y M*O*U*S*E......roll call....can I be Annette??...or at least parts of her??? lol

dang- where is Crsiti , Kathy and Michelle???

I see Bep! What a horrible car accident. I am glad your husband was ok.

Hi Sassy - wishing you luck! Shawna - hope you are staying cool and have a good game.

Katy- hi - hope you are feeling better.

I had a salad for lunch and added sardines - it had olive oil in it -smoked. It was so good.

Narrowing down on the desk that I want,,,,,<roll eyes>,,,I am exhausted. I better go - just wanted to say hello....

Scuzin
07-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Good afternoon!

The beach was lovely! Ate lunch (a little too much of it) and walked in the sand. It was a beautiful day, and tonight I'm going to a movie with my brother.
I knew this was coming, but no amount of preparation makes it easier. My mother and I are at odds with each other again. No need to go into detail, she's just angry all the time tends to judge my worth as a human being on whether or not the kitchen is clean (even if it is she will find something, anything to scream about). grrrrr

Sassy - I hope your night goes well. Don't be nervous, if she's overly critical that's her problem.

Katy - Hope you feel better!

Bep - Eek! Nasty accident! I'm so glad he's ok!

Mom2Gaby
07-19-2006, 12:28 AM
What beach did you go to Susan/NYC? I love the Warrenton/ Astoria (lived there 11 years) area and Cannon Beach. I am not too hot on Seaside - so crowded. Anyway, it is always good to get out!
I am sorry about the friction with your mother. My mom can be the same way too. Is she going through menopause? Just a thought . What is the count down to NYC?? Bet you can't wait?? :)

I had steak and potato salad for dinner. I am just not in the mood to be losing weight. I feel so stressed and agitated. My mind set is not there. I don't know what I am going to do.

Chat with you all tomorrow!

Sassy_Chick
07-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Good Morning Ladies! :)

TY all for your support and words of encouragement! ;) Of course you were all right! lol. Everything went just fine! :D

Well you all have a Wonderful Day! :)

RosieKate
07-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Good morning!

Still not much new to report here other than my continuing intestinal strife...it's a bummer. Leigh's taking swimming lessons every morning this week, then we might try to catch the freebie movie. The movie theater chain closest to us shows free movies for kids during the summer - yay. We'll either see Robots or Curious George. I've been watching too much Big Brother, I keep calling it Chicken George.....

Jules- I keep meaning to show you this link...
http://p085.************/fsurvivorsucksfrm13.showMessage?topicID=9622.topic
Well - it's for any other BB fans out there who are into following the feeds but not buying them :) This is the best recap thread out there, imo. She's really on top of the house. Fair warning - this board is not moderated for language, so it's raw by our pleasant 3FC standards...just a heads up.

Susan- Steak sounds so good..mmm...if I didn't think it would blaze a trail I would get some right now. Did you ever get in to look at the GS house?

Bep - How's hubby feeling today? Hopefully he's not too sore....

Susan/NYC - Sorry your mom's a pain - I think we have all btdt at some point with our moms.. Mine can be very opinionated and argumentative. She's very intelligent, so it's difficult ot hold one's own with her, so I just don't. I've found that if I just stay away from certain topics, we get along great. So we talk alot about HGTV and the kids, and gardening.... Hey - NYC is coming up here before you know it!

Sassy - glad you event went well - so the wife was ok, I take it? How's your journaling going? I'm sure you are going to see great results soon. I'm sorry I didn't respond to your earlier post, but I meant to suggest TOPS - have you heard of them? It's a non-profit weight loss support group - really cheap and there are chapters everywhere. topsdotorg will have a locator on it. Nice thing about them is you have your own weight loss plan and they are just there for support...they don't sell a bunch of materials. I was a member for a number of years, but kind of burned out on our group. If you are looking to get a jumpstart - try visiting a chapter or two.

Shawna - hope you had a good WI - Happy Anniversary ( a bit late)

Hi to everyone else!

RosieKate
07-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Ugh - 3FC wont print the ez board website...Jules pm me if you want the link to the BB recap thread.

Mom2Gaby
07-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Good Morning!

I am glad all went well for you Sassy :)

Just getting in to the office - wanted to say morning before the day started.I am only available from 3 to 4 - otherwise I get nothing done! I don't care if the residents like it or not. Bunch of needy dysfunctional clingy whining morans....lol....and those are the ones I like - hehe

anyway- steak was great Katy!! Gaby likes it too -where are the free movies?? On weekends too? I never have seen the inside of that apt!!! It has been 2 weeks - so frustrating. It is in an area that I like. I did see a 2 bedroom house for $800. If I picked up weekend babysitting that might be doable. I need to see how much I am getting from the life insurance because it is first and last there....it is cute though!

Had a BK morning sandwish with ham.It was good. Probably oodles of calories.....*hides her face in the sand*......better get!! Work begins!!!

Scuzin
07-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Morning

SuzyQ - We went to the Pacific City area. Now I'm jealous, I would love so much to live in a beach town
...as far as my mom, no its not menopause, that was a long time ago. Get this, I'm pretty sure she went through menopause at the same time I went through puberty, how's that for a frightening household! :yikes: I feel sorry for my dad :dizzy:

Katy - yay for free movies, that sounds like fun. I went to an outdoor "free" ($5 donation) movie last night in the park.

I've now heard from all the people I'm going to be living with and one or two of them are runners! I know I'm still very slow but ti might be fun to run with people, not to mention safer. 28 days and counting!!!

Mom2Gaby
07-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Susan/NYC - Pacific City? Outside of Tillamook?? I forget. I lived in Tillamook for 6 months before the move north. I HATED Tillamook - it was before Freddies was built. We didn't have anything to do but try all the diners in town, smell cow puckie and walk.
I loved Warrenton! We were close to the marina and I could hear the seals in the morning barking. I also loved the sunrises over the Astoria Bay - we took our girls to school over there - it was so peaceful *sigh* I would go back if there was a job.
I feel sorry for your dad too! lol poor guy..
28 days?? You going to have a computer there?? You need to stay in touch!!

RosieKate
07-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Susan- the free movies are at Tigard Cinema on Tues and Wed. at 10 am

I think they have the schedule online...maybe the Regal website? They do it at all Regal cinemas, so maybe Gaby's sitter can take her while you are working......

bummer about the apartment - just keep at it , something will come up

Susan/NYC - my mom was going thru menopause while I was pregnant with DS - Yikes! Lotso hormones.......

Mom2Gaby
07-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks Katy! You know all about the fun stuff available. I will tell my sitter - maybe she can take the kids up to OC. She enrolled Gaby in sports camp this week.
Maybe my mother is right?? If I had a clogged toilet the landlord would probably show up weeks later? lol
I had chili and a salmon salad for lunch. I feel stuffed, I also bought myself a water bottle.
I found my desk! $449! I love that desk - it is so nice with places to put pictures and such. I am so happy about that. It wasn't on the floor and I looked and looked until I saw it.....it was a desk one of the workers was using. lol

anyway, where is our Miss Cristi?? I miss her.

Sassy_Chick
07-20-2006, 03:04 AM
Sassy - glad you event went well - so the wife was ok, I take it? How's your journaling going? I'm sure you are going to see great results soon. I'm sorry I didn't respond to your earlier post, but I meant to suggest TOPS - have you heard of them? It's a non-profit weight loss support group - really cheap and there are chapters everywhere. topsdotorg will have a locator on it. Nice thing about them is you have your own weight loss plan and they are just there for support...they don't sell a bunch of materials. I was a member for a number of years, but kind of burned out on our group. If you are looking to get a jumpstart - try visiting a chapter or two.

Katy - Yes the wife was very nice. She wants me to call her and I think do something with her. I'm nervous about that because I'm not a phone talker. Yes I know I answer the phone for a living (call center) but its completely different! lol. Sounds crazy doesn't it? lmao.

Anywho, Thanks for the suggestion, I will check that out. I'm also going to check out WW too because I haven't been doing too well and something has set me back a bit.

Thanks for the support! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
07-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Good Morning!

I just missed winning David Cassidy tickets on the coast! darn, darn.....he is so cute.

I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast. I brought a cantelope, orange and can of albacore for lunch. I am going to fell up my water bottle from the cooler now. I am going to try!!!!!

I hope you all check in and chat a bit!

bep
07-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone!!! I realized I never posted here at all yesterday!!! OOPs!!!! I did read here yesterday though. Usually you can't shut me up...weird. Ok...I will gab now.

They decided to total DH's car. Hmm.....I hope it works out to our benefit in the long run. We are discussing what we might do next. We paid off my mini van early and it is in great condition so we are considering seeing how long we can go with just one car. That would be sooooo awesome not having a car payment and way less insurance to pay. We were thinking about saving up some cash and just paying cash for DH's next car. We want to find him a puddle jumper to save more gas since he just takes it back and forth to work. If we find ourselves going nuts sharing a car, then we will just go ahead and get another car loan, but it would be awesome if we could pay cash. You save a TON of money by not getting a loan. So...we will see...

DH is still a bit sore, but is OK.

Oh yes...I sneaked on the scale and I lost those few lbs I had gained back so I am now 'allowed' to remove the pig from my avatar. I am not going to change my siggy until my official weigh-in on Monday. I had BETTER stay down here or else that piggy will be right back up!

Hmmm...let me see....

Sassy...I am so glad the dinner w/ her wasn't stressful...you never know who you will hit it off with.
You are going to join WW? I have complete faith in that program! My MIL lost a LOT of weight on it...and it is a healthy way of eating also. I am cal-counting, so that is just about WW. Did you find a WW location near you? I hope you are able to do better soon. I soooo hear you...you've GOTTA find what works for you.

SuzyQ....MMMMMMM Salmon!!! DH doesn't like fish, so I don't cook it around here. I have before for like my lunch, but now I just to quick salads and sandwiches for lunch because I also have 2 toddlers to feed. I LOVE a good grilled salmon steak. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...I'm getting really hungry.

SusanNYC...I hope you will be able to 'hang' out with us when you move to NYC. It will be neat to hear about your work there!

Hello everyone else!!!

Scuzin
07-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Morning

Still just plugging along. I like to think that I am doing better on food this week but I'm not sure. I have to suffer the guilt of pizza again to night (my dad basicly insists on having it once a week) OH my goodness! Today is thursday! I thought yesterday was thursday! I gained a whole day! wow...now you know I'm on summer vacation ;) And of course I will keep up with you gals when I move (17 days and counting) I don't think I'll have a computer in the house but I know I"ll be checking e-mail at libraries, or at work.

Bep - congrats on taking those pounds off :cp:

SuzyQ - good luck with that water! I need to get going with that. I usually only get in 1/2 of what I'm supposed to :(

Sassy - glad meeting the wife went well. I understand about the phone thing! I'm just awkward on the phone with almost everyone but my sister.

bep
07-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I had a salad for lunch. It was a seriously disappointing salad. I had used up some head lettuce instead of my typical Romaine lettuce. To me, it just tasted blah. So...I ended up having a serving of baked Doritos. GRRRRRRRRRRRR...spent 465 cals on a boring lunch. Wish I would have just thrown out the head lettuce and used the Romaine...makes ALL the difference in the world.

bep
07-20-2006, 01:55 PM
...on the subject of food...have any of you tried the Hershey's special dark chocolate bar? I have been keeping my eye out for a good dark chocolate because I SERIOUSLY love chocolate, but milk chocolate is soooooo damaging to my caloric budget. I bought a bar last night. 1 whole bar is 220 cals. I will use 1/4 of it for a treat now and then and it will only be 55 cals. I haven't tried it yet...waiting for that "gotta have chocolate" feeling. Don't get me wrong...I could eat chocolate ANYTIME, I just prefer to save it for when I MUST have it. Typically when I get that "must have chocolate" feeling, I pick out 5 M&M's out of our jar, put the jar back, and eat my 5 M&M's. It really works! I just have to have that flavor. I think the dark chocolate bar will be even better. It is only about 18 cals per square so maybe I will be able to just have 1 - 2 squares instead of the 5 M&M's. I hope I like it!

Mom2Gaby
07-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi,

Susan/NYC - your dad can come to my house and insist on pizza!!! haha. Thanks for reminding me on the water! I filled up the bottle but wasn't drinking any until you mentioned it. I always do that.

Bep - Glad your husband is feeling ok. I have 3500 before I get my Toyota paid off - would love not to have a car payment. Never tried that hershey bar you asked about. I ca though :D

Co worker asked that I go get the cake today for his meeting. I said sure....awhile later he asked when I was going to do it.....I said before 2pm when the meeting is.....he *suggested* I go early because sometimes they have to take them out of the freezer...*roll eyes*....whatEVER....it is only 95 out! I am sure it will thaw out on the ride back....lol

anyway - I have been so bored I answered a personal ad. I use to do this awhile back with no luck. Cheap entertainment. ......I just said "I am bored - thought I would respond to your ad".....he wrote back this morning saying "that is a nice opening line".....it is the truth!! lol

better get....

FrouFrou
07-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Hello...

SUZYQ...I am here...well, today anyway. Just woke up Monday morning and decided I wasn't getting on the computer, not sure why. Just spending too much time on it instead of getting other things done. Been getting the house clean every day, doing laundry, and staying inside out of the HEAT! It has been in the 100's all week and the humidity sucks! Makes it so much worse, ick.

JULES...hugs to you and yours :hug: :hug: :hug: Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. And...I hope there wasn't too much drama. I swear every funeral I have ever been too there has been so much drama...you would think people would put their differences aside for a couple of days.

KATY...hope you are feeling better.

SUSAN/NYC...now that is so cool...I know you will be up to jogging with the others by the time you get there. It's always good having a running/walking buddy.

SHEL...glad everything went well with the meeting. Sounds like you are doing well with everything else as well.

BEP...glad DH is fine.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

That's about all I have...I hear Password calling my name, lol! Chat with ya's soon.

Sassy_Chick
07-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Hello Ladies! ;)

Bep - May I ask what a "Puddle Jumper" is? lol. I agree, having no car payment is nice. That is why I think we've been dragging our feet on buying a new car.......Its so nice not having a car payment!

Yes I'm researching WW and see if its for me. Don't know if I will do the one where you go to the meetings or not since I'm a "vampire" (work nights) lol. I was thinking about doing the one from home? I just know I need something I can stick too that is easy to do and I've heard over and over again that WW was just that. So we'll see!

I hear ya about lettuce, I like Romaine and Spring Greens also. Has a lot more flavor.........

My mom is a Dark Chocoholic! Well she is a Chocoholic! But she loves the Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate. Infact my MIL saves all those for her out of those mini chocolate bars you can get from Hersheys? lol. Also the show I watch, "Take Home Chef" Curtis (The Chef) always buys Lindt Dark Chocolate on the show. ;)

Also have you tried the 100 Calorie Snack packs? They are pretty good and only 100 Calories for a whole bag! I know not something to eat every single day or anything but when you have one those, "I want something sweet" attacks, it works! :)

Scuzin - You can get healthy pizzas. I know that isn't as fun. lol. I didn't do well tonight either so don't feel bad. But on a good note what I had did have Spinach on it! lol.

Yes its one thing to answer the phone at work, where I know what to say and what its about, but to call and just "talk" to someone, esp. someone I just met, that is a bit nerve racking! lol..........

MIL called hub saying that she thinks her cat is dying. :( Weird because she was doing just fine lastnight. But her cat is 17 yrs old. Just will be really bad if she goes because #1 MIL ADORES that cat, #2 Sunday is MIL's bday. Already my step dad passed on her bday (3 yrs ago), now if her cat does too, what a bday. :( I am hoping maybe the cat will snap out of it, as I guess she has done this before, but its only a matter of time before one time she won't, but I'm hoping this time won't be it. Esp. since MIL's bday is so close.

Anyways. Have a Great Night! :)

Hello to everybody else out there in Lurkdom Land! :wave:

bep
07-20-2006, 11:43 PM
I will say that that Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate is KILLER good!!! I had 3 squares tonight...oh man....yummmy!!! I really liked it better than milk chocolate!!!

My abdomen is crampy and swollen again. What in the world is wrong with me?????????

Grrr.....DH dropped the laptop tonight and now the spacebar isn't working right. I have to keep going back and re-doing it.

Gripe #2. We had a sudden swarm of ants all over right where our garage door closes. So, I went out and poured hot water on the swarms to get rid of them. Well...now I am sitting here and ants keep crawling on me. I think they hunted me down for vengence. :p

Sassy_Chick
07-21-2006, 12:39 AM
Bep - So you broke into your chocolate eh? lol. Uh oh abdominal cramps, no fun, hope you feel better!

I heard that if you draw a line of chalk where you see the ants, they won't cross it? Not sure if that works or not. Good Luck and I hope they stop trying to get revenge on you! lmao.

G'night!

bep
07-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Chalk, eh? I think that actually might make sense. The chalk would get on their legs and they couldn't walk like that. Interesting.

Well...as far as the abdominal cramping, I had to take those prescription pain killers for the 2nd time. :p I just couldn't get to sleep because I was hurting so bad. The area of the most pain was right under my right rib cage again...it radiated around the rest of my whole tummy. I really hope the DR has some answers for me on Monday!!! I don't like just waiting around for attacks. :p

WOW....I am suprised SuzyQ hasn't cut us off and started a new thread! LOL She is going to panic when she sees we went over 100 posts. :lol:

Good morning everyone!

I have baking to do today for a picnic on the beach tomorrow. I get to make enough variety of desserts for about 25 people. I LOVE to make sweets!!! And I LOVE to feed people. I should seriously be a chef! :lol:

bep
07-21-2006, 01:42 PM
My my, but it's silent here!!!

bep
07-21-2006, 05:46 PM
OK....this is WAAAAAAY too weird. Where is everyone? I haven't been on here for hours and there are still no new posts. I think this must be a first.

I hope you are all OK. I am finally done with all my baking...white chocolate chip brownies, peanut butter cookies, Amish chocolate chip cookies, Gooey chocolate butter cookies. It's time to start getting dinner going.

bep
07-21-2006, 05:47 PM
WHOA NELLIE....I just realized I am the ONLY person who posted today!!! Freaky....

Sassy_Chick
07-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey Everybody. This will be a "Quickie" as I'm getting ready for work. *Sigh* lol.

Bep - I never thought of them not liking the chalk on their legs, guess that is why it might work???????? Sorry that you were having such bad cramps and I hope they find out what is causing the problem! :hug: Talking to yourself today, eh? lol. I just got up about an hour or so ago and got a shower and ready for work.............Wonder where everybody else is????? Come out come out wherever you are!!!!!! lol.

And today is a beginning to a new day I say. I wanted to ask you ladies a question, if I could? What is your favorite healthy snack foods and how much of them do you eat? Also if anybody could please give me a typical menu that you eat, just to give me an idea? Sorry if I have asked this before. But today is a beginning to a new day so I want to really try again.

Also wanted to ask about Oatmeal. How much of it do you eat? I've been wanting some and also what all do you put in it? I was thinking about apples and cinnamon, only making my own here at home, not buying the pre-packaged stuff??

I think today I'm going to get a nice salad. Also what do you gals do with Cabbage that is healthy to eat? I've been wanting some..............Also one last Question...................What kind of Yogurt do you get? Been wanting some of that too, but don't want the high fat, high sugary kinds and also want something that tastes good, of course. :)

I would look them up on google @ work tonight but they have pretty much locked the internet down and by the time I get home from work I'm pretty bushed. So if you all wouldn't mind giving me just a couple ideas, I would glady appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

You may PM me if you like or PM me with your email addy and I'll email you. (won't be until tomorrow morning though when I get off of work or tomorrow evening before work)

Thanks so much in advance! :hug:

Scuzin
07-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi!

I did not go jogging today because it was already 70 when I woke up (at 8) and that is my limit. Its 102 right now WHEW! I hope to at least go on a walk tonight if it cools down. Well hey at least this gives me a chance to rest my right foot which has been hurting badly about midway through a jog.

I think we're going out to dinner tonight so I hope I can control myself. I have a hard time saying no to something once its already on my plate. But, I think I will get a margarita for a cool treat :hat:

Sassy - I eat sunbelt granola bars (very good and don't have anything like m&ms in them) and yogurt. I freeze some of the yogurt too so I can have it for desert, better than ice cream!

Where is everyone??

luckycharm
07-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Danger Will Robinson Danger. Suzy Q hhheellpp we are going to crash and burn....help we need a new thread.

Hi everyone.

Susan NYC wow that is a hot day. We don't get that hot here. I don't know how to convert celcius to farenheit, but our temp here today was 32. Sure don't feel like doing anything, and the worst thing is there is no airconditioning at my work. Hope that it cools down tonight so you can go for a nice walk.

Sassy, you have asked the right girl about oatmeal. I always put honey and cinnamon, with some bananas and strawberries and milk. Eat a nice big bowl of it. Then I usually have an egg also, so that there is some protein. That usually keeps me full until lunch. It I do need a little snack, then I have baby carrots or some celery and cheese.

Bep sorry that you are not feeling well yet. Now I do need to try the chocolate. They say that dark chocolate is better for you. Sorry about your hubby and the accident. I am so glad that he is ok. I also heard that if you make a line of cayanne pepper ants won't cross that line either.

Cristi, what is password? How are you doing today? Do you get to sit outside in your back yard in the evening and enjoy time together with DH? I am going to sit outside tonight after we finish eating. Maybe we might even drive into town and walk around the lake (little lake with really nice walking path around it) and then get a treat for the kids.

Suzy Q what are you doing today? Did you go out and get your cake? Did it melt all over your car? What do you have planned for this weekend? How are the girls?

Katy I hope that you are feeling better. Any big plans for the weekend?

Michelle I hope that you are still popping in once in awhile and that you are feeling better.

Shawna how are you? Any big plans for the weekend? Do you have to work?

Jules how was your day today? Are the kids coming over for supper this weekend? Or do they have a big project that you will be the coordinator for and you will be spending time at each of their places?

Ok well I must run and eat some supper, and then go sit outside, as it is cooler out there than it is in our house.

Chat later.

bep
07-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Sassy....I keep a log every day of what I eat...I will copy out a few examples of my days...

Day 1:

Breakfast:
Granola bar (110)

Snack:
Small apple (80)

Lunch:
Thin sliced ham on 12 grain bread (light miracle whip, mustard, romaine lettuce, tomato, red onion), grapes (300)

Snack:
12 grain toast (160)

Dinner:
1 smoked chicken drumstick, green beans w/ red onions, few bites of son’s brownie pudding (400)

Snack:
¾ c. frozen yogurt (150)

Total cals: 1,200

Exercise: 45 min brisk walk outside (2.6 miles) = 3.47 mph

Day 2:

Breakfast:
Granola bar (110)

Lunch:
Thin sliced ham on 12 grain bread (light miracle whip, mustard, romaine lettuce, tomato, red onion), grapes (300)

Snack:
12 grain toast & 1 can diet pepsi (160)

Dinner:
Subway 6” Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sub (lettuce, tomato, pickles, black olives) (370)

Snack:
Veggie sandwich on 12 grain (lettuce, tomato, red onions, pickles, Dijon) (200)

Total cals: 1,140

Day 3:

Breakfast:
Granola bar (110)

Snack:
12 grain toast (80)

Lunch:
Thin sliced ham on 12 grain bread (light miracle whip, mustard, romaine lettuce, tomato, red onion), strawberries (258)

Snack:
12 grain toast & strawberries (185)

Dinner:
½ pork chop (used pan spray), steamed broccoli & carrots, 1 can diet pepsi (310)

Snack:
1 c. frozen yogurt (200)

Total cals: 1,143

Exercise: 30 min on treadmill

Anyway...I know this took up a lot of space, but those are 3 real days of my life and I have managed to lose weight, so I know it works. By the way...I don't go under 1200 too often. I just realized I copied some under 1200 cal days. Usually they are between 1200-1300...sometimes up to 1500.

I keep regular things around. Every now and then if I get bored with what I am eating, I try to find something else that I can easily change to.

RosieKate
07-22-2006, 10:43 AM
:carrot: STOP:carrot:
in the name of love

AND
Go over to Back In Kindergarten #16

See you there!