Old 07-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/217/140

Height: 5'4"

Default little frustrated

I guess I'm just writing to vent a little. I have been unable to go to the gym for a couple of months. i know that sounds crazy but it's true. When do you have time or energy. I been diagnosed with anemia and it's been an issue for the past 10 years. There hasn't been a doctor yet that can tell me why I'm anemic. So I'm exhausted all the time but I just keep going hoping it will get better. I've been working extra and so I wanted to get back when work slowed down. then I went to the gym and over worked my calves and could barely walk for a week. Then I was off for a while for them to heal, I go back and of course, pull a bunch of ligaments in my knee. So it's always an uphill battle. Does anyone out there have bad luck like that? If so, how do you keep your head up? How do you tell yourself to keep going and don't give up? I continue to tell myself that anything worth having is worth the effort. I can't imagine what I would do if I had children. I have a 3 y/o step son who is with us on weekends only. I play outside with him and we ride our bikes but that's not taking the pounds off. I know we all have challenges and we have to keep going, sometimes it's a little harder to do it with a smile on your face. can anyone relate????

Robin
medic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #2  
Starting over =]

S/C/G: 225/185/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

I didn't have anemia but my doctor said I was really close to developing it because of my weight. When she told me this the first thing I did was get on a diet. Sure I had days when I didn't (want to) exercise and days when I indulged myself with food, but I kept on going. The best thing you can do is just move on and keep going, whether at a slower or faster pace, but just keep going. don't stop. it'll pay off in the end. p.s. here's a hug
happyveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Robin! I am not anemic, but I can relate to finding time to exercise. Can you take your step son out for a long walk? Do you work FT? How about a walk at lunch time? Or take the stairs a few flights? How about swimming?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/217/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone
I made it to the gym several times, walked the boardwalk 3 times and have made conscious efforts about my food choices since my last post. I'm sore today but it feels good, it means I've done something. Worked my abs and OMG, it feels great and I do mean great to feel them when I laugh and move. I feel wonderful. Had a big long chat with the bf and he is going to stop inviting me out for ice-cream and when he plans things for us to do he will consider the time I need for me (at the gym). He is so wonderful. I just love him to death!!!! I am living the life now.
I had a great appt with my new family dr. She says my long term anemia should have been checked yrs ago so I beginning a series of tests next week. She thinks my thyroid may be involved but I hope not.
Never-the-less I'm feeling great. My bf and step son are going camping this weekend and I'm going to have a blast. Got my gym times planned and I think my friend and I are going to do some biking. I can't wait.
Everyone keep smiling!!!!!!
medic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad that you are feeling better since your last post and that you have found a way to make the time that you need for yourself. It's great that your boyfriend is so supportive, I'm sure that makes it all a bit easier. We all have times where we get discouraged or feel like caving in, or do cave in and have to get back on track again, and all I can say is we just have to do it because unless we keep on trying nothing will ever get better. WTG on not giving up!! I hope that the Dr is able to help you figure out your anemia.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on the exercise and the new attitude. I am happy for you. I have a lot of health problems but anemia isn't one of them. Coming to this site has sustained me through this rough course. You can do it, just keep putting yourself as the priority, that's what I had to do and it all worked out. Good luck on the testing and I hope it all comes out well.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:00 PM   #7  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Robin, try to take baby steps but be as consistant as possible. Get it in where you can as often as you can. Those injuries sound like you might have been trying to make up for time lost!

Oooooo... Lily's got a new avatar.......Nice!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote