Old 06-24-2006, 10:29 AM   #1  

Default Deets mom: a question

What do you eat in place of the lites? Also do you follow the plan exactly except for food for lites?

What about maintence? What do they add for that? Sorry for so many questions, but it seems like you have made incredible changes to your life!
momofgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

When I decided to ditch the lites, they changed my program from Gold Plus (which is really Gold plus 1/2 protein- I was on this based on my exercise level of about 4hrs per week) up. I was told Id be on Purple if I worked out 2hrs or less and Red for more exercise.

So basically, I am supposed to be on Red. Since I am not really in weight loss mode anymore, I work things out based on what I feel like eating but always stick to the Red plan guidelines in terms of portions and numbers of servings per day. Sometimes I am feeling less hungry or if I dont work out, I might have smaller protein servings for that day or if Ive really worked out hard, I might have an extra dairy. I track all of my food and exercise on fitday.com and balance out things there. I strive for 100 grams of protein per day and a ratio of 30-40-30 like the Zone (fat-carbs-protein) and make sure to get over 20g fiber per day.

When you get to maintennance, the COD should give you a nice spiral ringbound book about food choices and portions, etc...I use mine as a referrence all of the time.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote