General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #1  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Cool Lacking Motivation for the summer!

Hello! I have not been here in awhile but I have been over in the journals and keeping up with that. I seem to be stuck at a stand still. I did so good since after Christmas and now I have to drag myself to do exercise and remove myself from the house so I won't eat everything in the kitchen. I don't know if it is summer or if I just got burned out for a bit. I really want to get back on track though and drop the last of this weight. I am so close and I just want to be done with the losing part and be on with the maintaining part. If anyone has any suggestions on getting back on track I would love to hear them. I always have given up at a certain point in my journey and I refuse to not finish this time. I know that it will feel so good to get there it is just the getting their that is killing me. I have to get my head back in this and just finish the last part out. I will do it and I think checking in here on a regular basis may help to keep me motivated. Hope you all are doing well on your journeys.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #2  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

we have all been there! I am there right now! please don't give up!!! you have come soooo far!!!! maybe you need to change things up...do something different, something you may not have had the guts to do when you were heavier. what has been your current routine? try stepping outside your comfort zone
Old 06-21-2006, 08:17 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had the exact same problem when I was at your weight and was trying to get to 145. I am at 147 now and the last few lbs. have been torture. I have now added swimming to my exercise and it helps a lot. Not only the actual exercise but the feeling I get of looking good in a swim suit. Not being too ashamed to go to the beach with my family.It has really helped me stay motivated here toward my final goal. The last few lbs. are hard, but I am determined to reach my goal. Part of my problem was that I started at 234 and felt that I already looked good when I hit the 150's. I got a little complacent for a while, but am back on track now. Good luck.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #4  
Mel

There's a new forum here in the Support Groups called Featherweights full of folk who just have a little left to lose or only started with a little. The last 5-10-15 pounds are really tough! You might want to join in over in that forum with others who are in the same situation

Mel
Old 06-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

I'm sure we all understand just where you are! Hang in there! One thing I have learned is that motivation cannot be a "feeling" -- it has to be a decision we make and stick with. I don't "feel" motivated to go to work in the morning but I do because I don't want to face the consequences of NOT going. Same thing with my weight loss/health plan. I either want it badly enough to pay the cost or I don't.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:06 PM   #6  
No description available.

Discipline is more important than motivation. I agree with Misti. Don't do it because you want to. Do it because you are going to. Make your brain overrule your heart. Tell that inner toddler, "Tough beans. I am going to do this."
Closed Thread