Carb Counters - Weekly Chat/// June 5-11

View Full Version : Weekly Chat/// June 5-11

lady_adnerb
06-05-2006, 08:07 AM
Once again, there's no excuse for the junk I ate this weekend. Something in my mind decided it was "free" weekend and whatever carbs were in sight I could eat. Ever want to be "normal"?? Doubt I'll manage to get it under control tonight (going out to eat) but I'll give it a shot! I've got to get things under control again. Going to take the siggie down as it's not true (again). But not going to step on the scale for a couple weeks either. I know it's up as I've had to take my rings off (too tight).
Hope you all did better this weekend than I did! :)

RobinW
06-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Good Morning

Brenda~ I hate it too when my brain takes over like that. Dont beat yourself up about it tho! :)

Ive got my eggs cooked for the next couple days, and I have a big pot of navy beans cooking Im going to add into my diet next week. Just thought Id get them cooked today while the weather isnt sweltering! They freeze wonderfully.

Dh and I have a big busy day planned....we have been feeling lately that there isnt enough time in the day to get things done :dizzy:I dont know what we are going to do when we get really "business" busy :lol:

Have a great day ladies!

Rayyne
06-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Hiya everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Rayne and I'm starting induction today! Went to the doctor last week and he flat out told me that I need to lose weight in a big way and it kind of woke me up. I've heard great things about Atkins and am excited to give it my all! I look forward to getting to know everyone.

lady_adnerb
06-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Robin: The beans sound like a great addition :) And I'll work on not being too hard on myself. :hug:

Rayne: :welcome: Did your doctor recommend Atkins or just any means of losing weight? You've come to the right place for encouragement and advice :)

Discovered that omelets make me tired. Hmm...Interesting discovery. I need to figure something "fast" and "easy" to make for breakfast instead of eggs.

lilybelle
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome Rayyne, My doctor told me to get on a low-carb diet and stick to it. I chose Atkins myself. It has worked great and can work for you too. Good luck with your weight loss journey.

hockeyfan7
06-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Brenda, do you have a George Foreman? That's the quickest way to cook chicken breasts or burgers or pork chops or beef and you can cook it directly from the frozen state.

Welcome Rayyne! And hello to Robin.

Ladies, it just keeps getting better and better. Sunday, we decided to go downtown to the People's Fair which is a great street festival in Denver. We took the light rail downtown and then took the free shuttle bus up the 16th Street pedestrian mall. I was seated on the rear row of seats on the bus and John and his friend John were standing in front of the rear doors. This car pulled out of the hotel parking garage we were passing, and I kept thinking she's not stopping or slowing down -- all of a sudden WHAM - she ran right into the side of the bus. She mangled the bus doors and took chunks out of the step on the bus. She totaled the front of her car. She was going the wrong way out of the garage (she exited the entrance) and doesn't have a driver's license - she's not an American citizen and only had a learner's permit (she was in her 30s). No one got hurt and it was pretty funny afterwards. We were just lucky she was driving a car instead of an SUV - if she had been in a high profile vehicle, she would have come through the doors on the bus.

I'm hiding in my closet until Christmas now!

BunnyChick
06-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi,

I'm starting induction tomorrow, and am a little nervous cuz I don't feel like I know what I'm doing.

I'll try to read on here as much as I can and get the book.

Nicole

lilybelle
06-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Welcome Nicole, if you have any questions, just ask. Several of us have been doing Atkins for a long time and are willing to help anyone as needed. Good luck .

lilybelle
06-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Susan, you have been having terrible luck lately. Let me know if you plan on being in OKlahoma so I can go on vacation. Just kidding, LOL. Things have got to start getting better for you.

lady_adnerb
06-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Lily: :wave: How's it going?

Susan: How are you all feeling today? Sometimes it takes until the next day to feel stiff and sore. Hope all is ok!

Bunny: The best advice I usually read that people give is read the book FIRST. You might still not have any clue what exactly you're supposed to do, but it'll give you the guidelines and what NOT to do. Welcome and you've come to the right place for advice :)

Well, as predicted I didn't do LC last night. I did have a taco salad...but ended up eating 1/2 the shell with it. Then came home and had a bowl of ice cream. Well, that was last night. Today is restart day!! DH also said he's in it with me. Not going to work on the water so much as making sure I eat right. Then for sure next week (at the latest) I'll go caffeine free. That's the plan :)

Rayyne
06-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Hiya!!

Well yesterday went OK... I was hungry alllll day but kept telling myself that if I can get through the first few days it will be so much easier. So, here's to day 2. I hope I have the willpower. I'm a teacher and it's summer so I'm home all day and boy is it tempting to eat eat eat. Thankfully I've thrown out anything that is carb-laden and easy to get my fingers on!

Brenda: My doctor didn't tell me to do Atkins, he actually suggested weight watchers. However, since DH is doing with me... he wasn't thrilled about weight watchers and wanted to try this instead. Good luck getting back on plan!

Everyone else: thank you for the welcomes!!

lady_adnerb
06-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Rayne: Are you sure you ate enough? I don't remember ever hearing of anyone that was hungry while on Atkins. Did you drink enough water?:dust: How'd DH do on his first day??

RobinW
06-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Today is restart day!!
Me too :( and its my own fault....I should have eaten supper at the proper time, and not gotten myself stranded without food :( Today is another day.

Rayyne~ good going on day one!!

Susan~ I hope everyone is doing alright today. Like Brenda said, its usually the day after everyone involved in the vehicle will be very stiff and sore. From the tension. :hug:

Another busy day planned....but my first priority today, is to keep the food op, and on time.

Have a good one!

needtolose4me2
06-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Good Morning All.
Have been a a bit of a funk the past few days but thought I'djump back in here to keep up whatever strength I have left.
I've lost 3 lbs the last 4 weeks and am not happy about it. Didn't notice much change in inches either. I have increased water, examined carbs with a microscope, cut out the atkins bars, upped the exercise. !!!???!!!
If I was cheating now and then and had this weight lossI would be like - OK thats the way it is,you screwed up. but when I'm working sohard not cheating and doing it all to a T and have that weight loss. I just feel like I'm destined to be this weight for ever or something. The only thing left that I didn't do was the fast and to tell you the truth I am already so sick of eggs I so't know how I could do the egg fast. Most of the things in the book for the fast sound pretty gross too. I guess I could do the macadamia nuts like someone has done here, but that will probably cost me $10 a day.
Anyway, I need to work through this because not only am I losing it physically but mentally now as well.

HEy newbies, rayyne and bunny chick.Please don't let me get you down, No matter what I said, I still love this diet. It is so easy to stick to for me. it got me over my carb addictions, the weight just flewoff (in the beginning) but everyone says that stall are normal and this to shall pass! Just read thebook and give it 2 weeks and you'll see.

Brenda How close are your to your goal? Maybe that's why you are slacking off a bit. Just hang on there!

Susan - Are you coming out of your closet today? I hope that things start turning around for you. I mean really girl! You poor thing!

Lilliybelle - hi there! You are so funny! I get a kick out of your posts!

Big hello to everyone else!
I'm off to get on my treadmill. I have never done a morning workout but think I better get it over with before I lose the little get up and go - that I have left

Hope you all have a fun (and safe) day!!!!
maggie

Candy In Alabama
06-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Hello everyone. :wave:

Hello to all the newbies..:wave:

Have'nt been myself lately....I get this way sometimes..I get really quiet and stay hidden in my shell... I guess you can say...:(

I hope everyone is doing good....Mainly just dropped in the say HI...:wave:

Candy

lilybelle
06-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone. I decided to try to kick these last 3 lbs. in the butt. I started my egg fast today and will stick to it for a couple days. Last time, it gave me the runs, but nowhere to go til Saturday and plenty of TP in the house.LOL, wish me luck and speed.

MsChris
06-07-2006, 01:58 AM
:wave: All.

I have been in a funk here lately. TOM is due but didn't come on. I am down 1 lb even with my eating off program. (ate a cheese biscuit-roll-thingy tonight) Still hoping that I will feel better after TOM is gone again. My cravings are so horrendous during this time and it is so hard to stick to plan. I am exercising everyday now. I am getting in my water, and spending a TON of time in my garden to keep myself out of the kitchen. I even left the office tonight at work and sat outside to get away from coworker snacking. I don't think I am eating enough. This is supposed to be my 25 net carb /day week and even with the cheese biscuit-roll-thingy, I haven't had that many carbs. I hope it doesn't mess me up later.

:welcome: Rayne & Nicole

Susan - Are you out of your closet yet?

Candy - Welcome back. PM me if you want someone to chat with by phone. You aren't long distance or anything on home phone service.

Maggie - Don't give up. I know the scales and inches don't seem to be moving fast enough but it is making some difference. I was hoping that you were just gaining muscle which would balance out your scales. Where all are you measuring? (Left arm, chest, waist, hip, left thigh, left calf?) What amount of carbs are you taking in now? Could you have reached your CCL? Is TOM coming like me?

Wasn't going to do personals, but just chatting to you guys is such a help to me. I don't feel like I am in this alone.

lady_adnerb
06-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Today is the last day of school. The last day my youngest is in Elementary...and the last day my oldest is in Middle School. The elementary is having a "picnic" where we all bring our own lunches (or some buy them from the school) and sit outside and socialize. DH is taking off early from work--but not to go to the picnic. To come home and we're either going to go fishing or throw dirt (finish up the dirt we had delivered) so we can plant grass. I haven't been sleeping good at night--but not from bathroom visits or too much energy this time. Not sure what the problem is.
Eating was OP yesterday but didn't get the water in. Baby steps again.

Candy In Alabama
06-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Morning everyone...

Brenda, I remember the picnic days at school...Many moons ago...They were fun..

Lilybelle, Good luck on the egg fast...Maybe i should give it a try...I keep giong off plan to much here lately....If it would give me the loose bowels that would be helpful too...I'm so bloated lately...

:welcome2: ...Rayne and Nicole...You'll love everyone here...I know i do...Everybody is so helpful and supportive....And can give us a good swift kick...:kickbutt: ... when we need it....LOL

Thank you Mschris...You are so sweet..:hug: It seems when TOM gets close i get down about everything....

Maggie....I have been in a funk too..I hope it ain't going around...

:wave: ..to everyone i missed...Hope you are doing well...

Sorry but i have been so down and stressed lately...I keep going off plan and i know matt's AVM surgery will be comeing up soon..We still haven't heard back from the surgeon's office for a date yet....But i know its comeing soon...The last time i talked to them they said the 19th or the 26th...My nerves are getting the best of me..My dr. app. is on the 12th and i'm hopeing he can give me something for stress and anxiety...I've been haveing esophageal spasms everyday and I have IBS with constapation, so i have been cramping alot everyday....TOM is nearing i always get quessy and crampy a couple weeks before it gets here....I know stress is makeing all this worse....I know i'm a basket case....I hope my dr. can help i only have enough money for one visit....I'm hopeing he don't say more tests cause i can't afford those right now....:(

Sorry for dumping on everyone.. But, thanks for letting me vent...

Oh... and my nortons virus protection expires on the 10th....Just in case i dissappear for a while...Hugs to everyone...:hug: :hug: :hug:
Candy

RobinW
06-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Good Morning :wave:

Brenda~ sounds like a wonderful day planned....kids grow up so fast dont they?!

MsChris~ Im glad you decided to chat for a bit :hug:

Candy~ I dont have any words of wisdom, and I have no idea what you are going thru, I can only imagine. So pm me if you want someone to talk to :hug:

The heat press will be here tomorrow :cb: :cb: but we dont have the office completely moved yet :lol3: Busy Busy Busy!! Ive been working on the brochure we plan to have ready by the 15th...and of course, Im stumped for verbage and what I want to say :( My brain got all blocked up yesterday.

Yesterday's eating wasnt 100% but it wasnt too bad either....so thats a success for me! Water isnt in, but I should make the quota today.

Have a good one ladies.

Rayyne
06-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Hiya all! Day 3 here for me... and so far so good. I've realized that what I was sensing as hunger were just carb cravings... and I still have them. It's just no fun at all even though I'm sure the cravings will pass in time. In the meantime, dh and I discovered that grilled green beans taste really really good when slightly burned... go figure! Atkins is much harder for him than it is for me because he doesn't like as many veggies as I do. The ones he likes are corn and peas and you just can't have those right now. I did manage to get him to enjoy salads... thank goodness!

lillybelle: good luck with that fast! I hate eggs, could never do that in a million years.

Candy: It sounds like you have just so much stress, my heart goes out to you. Let me know if there's any way I can help.

pinkpanther85
06-07-2006, 11:06 AM
HI! ! ! just wanted to introduce myself..this is my first day on here...i finally decided that i am tired of being the "fat girl". ive tried the weight loss thing before, but this time i figured i would try a support group and get help and motivation when needed! is everyone on here using atkins??? im not using any certain nutrition plan, but i am using a workout DVD. i purchased turbo jam, and WOW, it is amazing...i am so sore, and it doesnt seem like it would make me that sore, but it did! well i am sure i will get to know all of you eventually, and you all seem like a close group. i just hope that i can get through this and get to my goal weight!

Rayyne
06-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Welcome pink panther! I'm new as well and just started Atkins on Monday. I wish you the best of luck. Anytime you need support or a friendly ear just let me know and I'll be there.

lilybelle
06-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Day 1 of egg fast wasn't too bad. I'm not very hungry this morning but did have some scrambled eggs. Lunch is already made and it is deviled eggs. Probably boiled eggs for dinner. Back to regular LC foods tomorrow. This isn't too difficult to do when you think it;s only 2 days. Last time I lost 4 lbs. doing this and this time I'm hoping to lose the last 3 lbs. that I need to lose.It definitely put me back in ketosis last time and I lost 2 lbs. a week for the following 2 weeks. This would put me below goal but that's OK. I am pretty happy with my body now but wouldn't mind a couple more lbs. from my tummy. My son's GF has the 2 bucket flu and I sure hope I don't get it. With my liver disease, everytime I start having vomiting, I have had to be hospitalized. Sure don't want this. Candy, I can definitely sympathize with the medical expenses. They keep us on a tight budget. I think I make $50.00 monthly payments to every medical facility in a 4 hr. radius from our home every single month. Plus, my routine meds are about $300.00 monthly after insurance pays, would be $1200.00 monthly without good insurance. (I take 23 pills a day). 2 summers ago, I had pneumonia and was hospitalized for 6 weeks straight, ventilator and ICU. My immune system was so poor that it couldn't fight it. It scared my husband terribly when they asked him if he wanted to make me a DNR. Anyway, this hospitalization left us owing $350,000 after insurance. They get $50.00 a month too. They offered to call it paid in full if I could pay $175,000 cash, but I'm not giving up my home and everything I have ever worked for to give it to them. I am so much healthier now and thank God for that. As for medical bills, I don't think they can do anything to you as long as you send monthly payments and show that you are trying to pay.

hockeyfan7
06-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone! I'm too tired to post too much.

John had his surgery yesterday. It was supposed to be at 6:00 p.m. and we got a call in the morning to come in at 1:30 p.m. instead.

The surgeon says it went well. He had completely separated the rotator cuff so they put it back together with sutures and this thing that looks like a lasso with a washer on the end. He has screws in his shoulder from where he split the bone. Surgery was about 3 1/2 hours.

They decided while he was in recovery to keep him overnight because he couldn't manage his pain to go home. They took him to a room about 10:30 p.m.

He's a terrible patient. Right now, I'd like to whack him really hard over the head with a pillow. I have major resentment at the moment plus I'm exhausted.

He's such a bad patient, the hospital had him discharged and were calling me to see when I could come get him at 6:00 a.m. this morning. I picked him up around 7:00 a.m. and brought him home.

We're looking at about a 6 month recovery time with PT and all. But everything should turn out OK.

We didn't have any residual effects from the bus/car accident. In retrospect, it's mostly funny now.

lilybelle
06-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Susan, glad his surgery went well. I know you must be exhausted. At least you went and got him. Mine acts terrible if he gets sick or hurt. The old saying is true, "nobody gets sicker than a damn man". LOL. Hope his recovery goes well and you get some rest. Good luck.

lilybelle
06-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I am still at 148 after 2 days egg fast. I am hoping I am in ketosis and will start to lose this week. Oh welll, I tried. New determination to increase my water intake and exercise. Back to induction only foods for now, I will get these last 3 lbs. off somehow, some way.

Candy In Alabama
06-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Thanks everyone for being there when i needed an ear...You are all so sweet...And thanks for all the prayers...:hug:

Matts Dr. called yesterday...They finally got him a date for his brain surgery to remove the AVM...They will admit him on July 10th...Do his lab work and the Embolization (sp?)to glue off the arteries and veins...On the 11th give him steriods to take down the swelling...And on the 12th the surgery...They have to cut his skull to get to it...I sure hope everything goes good...Again thanks for the prayers...:hug:

Candy

needtolose4me2
06-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi all.
Where to begin
let's see!

MsChris - I am measuring and there has been a slight change but I am keeping my carbs to induction limits so I guess I am expecting more. I don't have a TOM so that's not it. I just keep going back and fourth with the same 3 lbs. for over a month already. I guess I'm thinking that if I'm still on induction I should be losing like I did in the beginning at this rate there is no way I can start to up my carbs.

Rayyn and pink panther - hope all is going well for you!

Susan - hang in there. I know what you mean about men as patients! After going through all this how is the weight loss going?

Lillybelle, lillybelle, lillybelle - I feel your pain already! I would take those 2 pounds for you already! It's great that you're not giving up.

Candy - You hang in there too! We're here for you! and your in our prayers!

Good day to everyone else I missed! Catch you tomorrow!
Maggie

LacyMarie_2010
06-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks needtolose4me2, I am not going to give up. I did wear a stretchy shirt yesterday and today and noticed that my tummy looked much flatter so this much is good. I am inspired to get my lazy butt outside and go for a long walk so see everyone later.

lilybelle
06-08-2006, 07:34 PM
OOps I accidentally posted above message under my daughters sig. Didn't know she was still logged in. She just set up account today and is watching her fat grams. She tried Atkins before but gave up after about 3 months, it was too restrictive for her.

needtolose4me2
06-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks for clearing that up! I was thinking "who the heck is this girl and what is she thanking me for!" lol

lilybelle
06-08-2006, 10:29 PM
LOL, sorry my mistake.

RobinW
06-09-2006, 10:22 AM
:wave: been busy, and not op :(

Rayyne
06-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone!

Not much time and just wanted to check in and say hello. Day 5 and so far so good I think. I have, of course, weighed myself obsessively but I'm not calculating how much lost and I'm not writing anything down until next wednesday.... which I've decided wednesdays are my official weigh-in days. I've decided to start slowly incorporating exercise in.. I held off for the first few days so as not to be overwhelmed. DH and I took a long walk last night and omg am I sore. I hadn't realized how out of shape I had gotten. What an eye opener!
Hope everyone is having a great day and have a wonderful weekend!

lady_adnerb
06-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Guess I forgot to check in yesterday morning. Didn't have much time. The Girl Scouts went on a horse back ride so I went (of course). Ate OP most of the day but was hungry and ate a hot dog (with bun) and 2 handfuls (not HUGE ones..but still stuff I shouldn't have eaten) of chips. Not going to beat myself up as I was OP for the rest of the day, and onward to more OP days :) I'm thinking next week Monday will be my soda free day. Just because it'll take that long to get rid of the soda in the house :lol: Otherwise...just plugging along :)
Have a great weekend everyone!

lilybelle
06-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone. As I mentioned, the egg fast didnt' help me. Yesterday I ate OP and drank lots of water and walked 1 1/2 miles. This morning I felt so much thinner, had to force myself not to weigh again. I wonder if it could just take a day or two after finishing the fast for the weight loss to show. Maybe just wishful thinking. I am trying hard not to weigh again til next Thursday. I get too obsessed with the scale. Good luck to everyone and have a great weekend. We're going swimming tomorrow and I am actually feeling pretty decent in my bathing suit.

hockeyfan7
06-09-2006, 01:39 PM
I just wanted to drop in and say hi! You all are doing so great on the exercise challenge. I can't wait for life to get back to normal next week.

We changed John's dressings last night and it doesn't look too bad. He had arthroscopic surgery after all but the surgeon did have to make one additional incision to get a washer in there. It's still very black and blue though.

He's doing much better and now that I've had some sleep, so am I. I haven't been eating much and I haven't been on the scale, so I'll have to see what happens. I have been drinking my water though.

lilybelle
06-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Best wishes to you and your DH , Susan. Hope his recovery goes well. Back to the treadmill again tonite for me. I am trying to step it up on the water and exercise. Eating is OP which I am happy with. Hope everyone else is doing great.

lilybelle
06-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Eating was bad today. We were at the lake all day. I swam and floated on a raft for 4 hrs. with paddling my arms a lot. I was hungry and had sandwiches with the kids. I didn't eat the chips. I did have Oats for breakfast and some watermelon too. Carb count was 61 today and I always eat 25 or less. I feel like I got a lot of exercise. Drank a lot of water. Hope I will eat much more on program tomorrow.