Old 05-29-2006, 04:03 AM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default Main goal not enough

As I was and am approaching my Main goal after losing 30lbs, I realised and discussed with my Mum(which she aggrees) that I should go lower to get what I want.

I originally chose 119lbs as its in a healthy weight range according to my bmi and if im honest I doubted Id get this far.

For my height the healthy weight range is 92lbs to 123lbs. A website said I should be a 111lbs.
Now Ive just recently gone down a clothing size from a uk 14 to a uk12, Id love to be a 10.
How low do I go? I work better with a goal and clothing sizes arent 'measurable' enough for me.

I know alot of people would 'love' to be at the weight I am already, but for my height, I still look big.
I know that Im neva going to have the persfect body regardless of the weight I lose, Im naturally wide (hips and stuff) like charlotte Church and I think Scarlet Johannsen is a bit too.

geeze, I can never stay on topic.

I guess I wanted some feed back on this type of thing.
Coz I mean you all have those targets?
and Lockitup, you like hit the nail on the head with your goal(looking at ur av)
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:13 AM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i believe that the guides used by the government for healthy weight ranges for height can only be used as an indication. every body is different.

if you feel you could lose a few more lbs and still be healthy - go for it!

you might actually find that once you get there, you rather being a little heavier. go with the weight goal and do take your measurements. you might find that you lose more inches than pounds at this stage in the game. especially if you are doing weights - your body weight may be a little higher than you initially thought although the measurements tell a different story.

my goal was initially 145lbs but after reading a bit more, i decided that 130 was doable, but I will be focussing more on my health and clothing size. if I weigh 150lbs and am a size 10, i will definately take it!

just be sensible and do it properly. that is all you can ask for

congratulations on reaching your 'initial' goal too
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:00 AM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

My theory is that if you just continue to eat healthy foods and exercise your body will figure out where you need to be and adjust accordingly. I can't imagine eating healthily your body would allow you to become TWIG thin if it wasn't efficient for it KWIM? I've actually never weighed 165 (my goal weight, well in my adult life at least) and it's probably pretty ambitious for my height and bone structure but it's something to shoot for and I'll move it around as I get closer, if I need to. Just listen to your body!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

This is one I had some...trouble with when I initially lost my weight.

My "main goal" was to get to 65kgs (143 pounds) which was somewhere I had never been. I got to that but was still a size 12 and hated my stomach. I have a very curved "sway" back which will always push my stomach out a bit no matter how many crunches I do or weight I lose...but of course I chose to ignore this fact at the time.

Anyway...I kept going, eating healthy and exercising and the weight kept dropping off...60kgs (130 pounds)...55kgs (121pounds) and finally down to a shocking 50.5 kgs (112 pounds) before I woke up and realised I'd gone dangerously too far. I WAS a twig...almost skeletal it was really awful. (I'm 5'6 though...quite a bit taller! and not a tiny frame by any stretch)

Anyway...luckily I did wake up and caught myself on the verge of a full blown problem. It really does come down to when you feel comfortable in your skin...I realised that eventually. My comfy weight is between 58-60kgs (still a respectable size 8 Australian (4 US) if people must judge by that lol :P)

Just be careful when playing the "how low should I go?" game...

Eat sensibly, exercise regularly and Valrock is right...your body will find it's most comfortable weight/size. Sometimes its surprising how you look at a certain weight. People STILL don't believe me when I say what I weigh :P I think thats the best bit actually.

Goodluck and keep up the awesome work!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Default Small goals better??

I started off at 215 in December. Now, 5 months later I am 30 pounds thinner and starting to feel better, but would LOVE to get back to my weight in high school of 145.

I think that at my highest, if I was in the mind set of "omigosh" I NEED TO LOSE 70 pounds!!! I would have driven myself crazy!!! I have set smaller goals with the ultimate goal of being another 40 pounds lighter by Christmas 2006 - which is 6 months away. I have marked on my calendar by July 1st - I'd like to weigh 179, August 1st 169 etc...

It's also Monday Memorial Day which I thought would be a great day to REALLY get going with diet and exercise for the summer. Last month (May) I've been cooking alot for a "new" boyfriend and realize I've lost one pound for the month. I purchased SlimQuick (hopefully will help with no crazy side effects) to see if a boost to my system will help me get back to my goal...
FatShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:29 AM   #6  
L A D Y J A M E S

S/C/G: 265/236/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock
My theory is that if you just continue to eat healthy foods and exercise your body will figure out where you need to be and adjust accordingly. I can't imagine eating healthily your body would allow you to become TWIG thin if it wasn't efficient for it KWIM? I've actually never weighed 165 (my goal weight, well in my adult life at least) and it's probably pretty ambitious for my height and bone structure but it's something to shoot for and I'll move it around as I get closer, if I need to. Just listen to your body!
What is KWIM? And how tall are you? I am 5'9 and have no clue what I should weigh, I just know what I would like my measurements to be.
ladyjames63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:04 AM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

KWIM= Know what I mean.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #8  
I can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjames63
What is KWIM? And how tall are you? I am 5'9 and have no clue what I should weigh, I just know what I would like my measurements to be.
I'm 5'9" too. I'm guessing that 165 would be about a size 8 for me... that's what I'm shooting for . at 175 (my wedding day woot!) I was in a 10. The trainer at the YMCA told me to throw the BMI out the window (I think 165 is the high end for 5'9" and 125 or something silly at the bottom?) I'd look like a drug addict at 125. Just listen to your body!! Good luck!
Old 05-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #9  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

thanks you guys.
I thought my weight was okay today, till I tried on a bathing costume and I look icky in it, lol
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #10  
I can do anything!

I think at this point, so close to your goal throwing in some weight training would benefit you a lot! Now that the weight is off, get to toning!