Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:42 PM   #1  
One more time!

Default 100+ to Go #12

Hey Y'all,

This is a group trying to lose 100# or more. So pull up a computer chair and join us on this journey!

GeeChee
Old 05-23-2006, 09:52 PM   #2  
One more time!

Hey Y'all,

Ok, Ok, Ok,...I hang my head in shame! For many reasons including computer problems, I have not been on line for the last several weeks. I have only checked my e-mail at work on then only briefly, so it is not that I have forgotten all of you....just haven't been able to get online. But my beloved lap top is back from the repair shop so I am up and ready to go again. I hate to see that activity has died down, but I know that there is alot of lurkers so please join in. We would love to have you. Lilion, I hope you are doing better and you are recovered from your surgery and are getting that darn shoulder take care of. Jeannie...hope your back is better....DNR and Rahkstar...how are you doing.
I am not doing well on program, but hope to change that tomorrow. I have a new diary out and some ideas for a menu so hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow. I am down 35# so far I would love to hit that 40# mark! That would feel great! So let's see some activity on these boards again. Let's shake things up a little! I am glad to be back!

GeeChee
Old 05-24-2006, 12:38 AM   #3  
n00b

S/C/G: 273/269/150

Height: 5'6"

hey there! i'm hanging in there. i'm feeling apprehensive about tomorrow's weigh in, because i am so bloated, and i didn't help myself at all by eating high sodium foods. tomorrow's weigh in is at noon pacific time, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

i tried the little weight watchers cakes this weekend, and they were okay. i was kind of dissappointed. BUT! i tried the dryers ( i think it's edy's back east) slow churned light ice cream in cherry chocolate chip. it's 1/2 cup for 3 points, and it tastes JUST LIKE ben and jerry's cherry garcia. no, seriously.

when it comes to ice cream, this gal doesn't mess around.

i hope everyone else is doing alright! i'll update my WI tomorrow!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #4  

Unhappy

Hello everyone! I'm once again apologizing for the lack of posting. Frankly, I'm SO tired of the whole weight loss thing! I just can't seem to get on track or OP. I swore I'd start journalling and exercising. Never picked up a pen or a toe on the eliptical. I'm just TIRED and I don't know why.

I DO want to lose more weight.
I DO want to hit the 100 lbs gone goal.
I DO want to stop buying off the plus-size rack.
I DO want to weigh less than my husband.

I DON'T want to work at it anymore!

I just can't even imagine why I feel this way. When I run into people who haven't seen me in a while they are SO complimentary and it makes me feel so good and the fact is I DO feel good - I physically feel like a whole new person! But even getting dressed in the morning is a chore because nothing fits and I have no summer clothes and I don't want to spend any more money until I've lost more weight - I could go on and on. I guess I'm just burned out and I have so many other things to think about. I have vacation coming up and I'm trying to get ready for that - which for us means sewing medieval clothing - luckily not too difficult - and I'm still behind at work so I'm too busy there for my own good and only a bit more than two weeks to go.

Fact is, I'm depressed and tired and grumpy and sick and tired of this taking so long! I KNOW, I KNOW! It's a lifestyle not a diet! But I feel like I've got the lifestyle down for the most part - it's the losing I'm having trouble with.

Forgive me the long, boring, whiney rant. I'm in a mood.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:34 PM   #5  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default Hang On To Your Hats!!!

I lost a whole .2 lb this week after maintaining last week. WOW - at this rate I'll be so skinny I'll blow away soon.

Anyway, this is not going to frustrate me - I am keeping on, keeping on . . . I realize that it's going to be slow and painful at times and I haven't exercised much this week, so that's partly to blame. I'm still going in the right direction so that's what's important.

I am so excited - I get to have my new little baby granddaughter overnight Friday night. She is such a little sweetheart that I can hardly wait.

Hope everyone has a great weekend - try to hang in there.

DNR
Old 05-25-2006, 12:34 AM   #6  
n00b

i'm down...1.4 pounds! again.

i'm still in that same place, and i keep kicking myself in the rear end. i lose 1.4 pounds a week, on average. it seems to be my magic number. and i know that losing at this rate is safe, healthy, and makes it all that much more likely that i'll keep it off. it's just that...argh. i don't feel like there is much of a difference!

however, i do not plan on reverting back to my old lifestyle. i don't plan on quitting. i'm just...bored? wanting more change? i don't know.

feel free to throw rotten fruit at that, i know i deserve it! ;p
Old 05-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #7  
One more time!

Hey Y'all...

So glad to see some of the familiar faces again. I am down one pound this week and I will gladly take that! Of course a loss of 5 or more would be wonderful, but who am I kidding!

Rahkstar....1.4 Pounds on a consistent basis is wonderful. At that rate, you will be almost 75# down in a year. And I know that you would gladly take that! Maybe it is time to try something different, new receipes, new exercises....something to make it new and exciting again. Just a suggestion and no throwing of rotten fruit allowed!

DNR....I love your attitude. It would be great to quit, but that would get us nowhere but bigger! Enjoy your time with your grandbaby!

Lilion, my friend. I hear you and I think we all feel the same way many times. But the fact is that you have certainly accomplished a lot in your weight loss journey. And you should be proud of it! Enjoy the compliments and enjoy the feeling your new body gives you. Go shopping........get yourself some new clothes.....My friend who lost 100# went to the Goodwill and bought her clothes as she was losing. She paid like $1 for pants and tops and got some really cute outfits. She said it make her feel good to wear something different and "new" to her. And she had no guilt when she lost and moved on to a new and smaller size. Hang in there...we are here for you if you need to vent!

Well, hotter than the dickens here today. Stormy and 88 degrees with like 95% humidity. You have to love the South! This week marks the beginning of summer tourist season. My beach will no longer be so private but it is fun to see the kids and parents playing in the sand and waves. You meet some great people when you dare to venture out! I have all my planting and painting done and am waiting for a man to come and fix my screen door...the salt air warps everything. Again, a small price to pay to live in my form of paradise! Drink your water everyone and have a great day!

GeeChee
Old 06-02-2006, 11:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

hi everyone..new to this board.. my name is kim... I have 90 to lose.. close enough to 100 i think.. i am really committed to losing this time ..just trying to see what is going to move the weight most consistently.. I have been at my points (28) for about 3 weeks and using some flex points but down about 4 lbs for 4 weeks.. some days I feel really really hungry... other days i am ok.. everybody's different so I am trying to tweak this for optimum loss for me..yet staying on track... I do 30 min exercise 6 days a week... I do weights 2 x week... not much just like 10 min... ..I am 43 and a mom of 6..4 little ones and one in college still home.. so many snacks and treats around my home..easy to give in..but i am trying to be as good as I can be... nice "meeting" ya'll... Kim
Old 06-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #9  
n00b

welcome, kim! a mom of 6? WOW!
Closed Thread