Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #1  
takin it one lb at a time

Arrow BLargh. Come ON!

I'm kind of inbetween houses right now... moving in with my boyfriend and his family and moving away from my family. It's so difficult and causing me to have serious binging problems. It doesn't help that all of my boyfriend's family is as skinny as a rail, and they love fried southern food. So the weight has piled on and I am now up to 225. Ugh! I've decided though... that since I used to be vegan, I want to go back to that lifestyle, so I'm starting out vegetarian right now. It's easier to maintain, and will deffinately help me get in more fruits and vegetables.

I found a wonderful book called Vegetarian and it's written by Barnes and Nobles. It has all of the different fruits and vegetables and grains and rice and milk and cheeses in it... and it tells you what it is and what kinds of health benefits it has. Then it has a bunch of recipes that are all vegetarian and could easily be made into vegan. Plus... all of the recipes have pictures, which I really love. Pretty much all of the recipes are simple and don't have any outrageous ingredients in them.

So, I'm starting again, at 225. Wish me luck you guys... I'm sure going to need it.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:45 AM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Good luck with your weight loss efforts! You can do it!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:07 PM   #3  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

I love Southern food!!! So I can 100% sympathize with you!
Good luck with you new eating habits!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/171/130

Height: 5'4"

Cool You can do it~

Good for you! You can make it. It's hard change habits, but it's worth the effort. I too am slowly switching back to a vegetarian eating plan. It hasn't been too bad so far. I find myself carrying little bags of nuts & veggies in my purse so I always have a healthy snack.

Best wishes~
Old 05-22-2006, 12:34 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

So healthy! Way to go to make the change!
Old 05-22-2006, 01:16 PM   #6  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Oh yea I am southern too and I know where you are coming from....Its hard to stay away from that kind of stuff. I fight it every day...Good luck and keep posting.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #7