Old 05-14-2006, 09:43 PM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - May 15 - May 21**

Morning ladies

Its a gloomy winters day here today. Thunder storms last night and the roads were chaos this morning so it took me ages to get into work. I am hoping it clears up so I can take the dogs for a walk tonight. Having said that, I luuuuurve the rain

I bought an Ipod on the weekend I love it! I can't wait to get out there and strut my stuff while grooving along. Maybe we could share some playlists?

OH is away again this week. He flys out tonight and is back on Thursday night. I am going to use the week to be completely healthy and am planning a vegetarian dinner tonight.

I weighed in on the weekend and although I hate to admit it, it said 240! However, I also did my measurements again and apparently I have lost 2" off my hips and 1" off my waist. I did it about three times to make sure so maybe I did it wrong the first time. If not - yay for me!

So we are only 2 1/2 weeks from the end of the month. I know I need a kick in the pants to get to my exercise goal, but it is definately achievable. I might even try to pass it How is everyone else doing with their goals?

Lockitup - Glad to see you posted. Use the opportunity to vent to us. We are here for you. I am sorry to hear about your accident. I hope all went well at the doctor.

Stacy - I can empathise but fortunately I never really experience much pain or anything with my period. They come and go like clockwork. I hope your doctor can find some relief for you.

Britomart - How is your back feeling today after all that gardening! Sounds like fun. I love feeling the earth in my hands.

Stephie - How are you holding up girly? You have such a rough schedule at the moment and I saw your blog entry. I know how you feel with the MIL visit. Always a reason to get yourself worked up.

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 05-14-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:18 AM   #2  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I'm not doing too great on my goals for the past few days.
Just been feeling a bit down.
Instead of being at the gym tonight I'm here drinking a 40.

I've lost a few pounds and got rid of most of my pregnant belly that i spoke of last week. Not sure what caused it.

Overall I'm just blah.

DaisyBoo- Congrats on the inch loss and have a blast with you new ipod!

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 05-15-2006 at 01:34 AM.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:17 AM   #3  

I'm just a little sore today..... actually even my fingers hurt so typing's not so pleasant! I've had worse muscle fatigue, it's not that bad, but still unpleasant.

WI yesterday said 192 -- go me! Finally no more hovering at 195! FH left 3 pounds ago (two weeks today), and when I spoke with him last night he said I looked skinnier (We do voice/webcam conversations on the internet -- much cheaper than long distance calls to Brazil several hours a day.) Of course, that could have been a camera trick, but who knows. My engagement ring fits a little better, it's not as snug... Maybe the three pounds came off under my chin and on my fingers

stephanie -- sorry to hear about the accident. glad to hear you don't sound seriously hurt, but let us know what the doctor says, okay?

Daisy -- way to build that muscle, girl! That's awesome on your inch loss, and now with tunes it'll be even easier!

trns -- do you think it's stress or something related to change and having a new job? new situations tend to put my body in shock for a couple of weeks, and then things are fine. Just remember to drink tons of water with that beer to help yourself bounce back
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Daisy- congrats on the ipod. What kind did you get? It pretty much revolutionized my work-out!

Britomart- congrats on getting to 193 and getting passed 195. You will be getting that ring of yours resized soon I imagaine.

It's getting so beautiful here! We love our new place and I've been eating much better since we moved. Perhaps I have an icnreased snes of "Ohm" or something. I dropped 3 pounds with the move and would love to be able to keep it off through the summer. We also decided to get rid of our coffee table and now have a lot more space in the living room, making working out at home much easier! Hey, does anyone ahve any suggestions on at-home workouts? DVD's? Suggestions appreciated.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:41 AM   #5  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

It all came together tonight and I had a great workout.

It is amazing how motivational it is when a good beat is playing in your head and you can really focus. I had my cap on, ear phones in and just looked at the pavement the entire way. No distractions. Just me and the pavement. Usually I look around at the trees, people, cars - but not this time. I got in 45 mins and actually covered more ground than usual in that time frame.

My weights was a new plan I have devised and it worked great. Higher weights, less reps and working to failure.

Honestly I can not remember the last time I felt so motivated or sweat so much during a weights workout. I really concentrated and felt the burn.

junebug - i got an ipod shuffle. just 512MB but more than enough for me. Well done with the 3lbs. I am a big fan of home workouts. I like doing yoga at home - at my own pace. There are so many options out there

britomart - congrats on reaching 192. i can't wait until I am in one-derland.

trns - you need a good massage and some relaxing time. are you sure you don't actually have a 'baby' in your belly? Nauseated, lethargic . . . just connecting the dots here. Otherwise, perhaps it was just water retention. Much processed food lately?
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:58 AM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well ladies, my schedule in its previous state was killing me. Workouts were being missed because I had no energy...my house was a wrehc because who cleans at 5 am? Seriously - I was working from like 2-10 am then having to go on shoots from like 10 to 4:30...sooo sleep deprived. So I revamped things a little and should now be working only from about 5 am to about 2 pm or so. That being said I bet no one is suprised I did not workout at all since I last posted. Today will have to be the day though. I am behind on my running program again so that will need to be squeezed in. As well as with this lack of time I am thinking I need to crack down on logging everything into fitday once again.

Daisy - I am doing well hun, I am changing around that crazy schedule I just cannot do it! Congrats on your measurements!

maja - back away from the 40 roflmao! No! You cannot faulter, you are my inspiration J/k I know how work must have you beat as well.

brito - Congrats on the loss girly, I knew you could do it, even in that house of temptation!

june - I have been doing a yoga/pilates dvd from denice austin...its pretty decent. Hasn't it been beautiful in Colorado lately? Lots of rain though...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:01 AM   #7  

Hi everyone!!! School is over, so now I feel like I can breathe! Today I got a call from my uncle, and I am being invited to Cozumel with my uncle, aunt, and 2 cousins! It's not my ideal vacation group, but it will still be a ton of fun, and I only have to pay for the flight. At least my cousins are like my little brother and sister...I'm sure we'll have a blast. I'll only be able to go if they can get the trip over my spring break, because I'll be busy with nursing school. AND this will be motivation to get my butt into the gym! Even if I only lost like 1 lb/week I'd lose over 40 lbs!
I'M NOT going to wait to start losing weight!
Have a good week everyone!!!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies!

I am new to this thread so I will give a quick introduction. I am 20 and right now I'm working full time however I will be losing my job in 2 weeks. I am working for a private family business and they are all leaving and moving to TN and taking the business with them! So I will have the entire month of June as vacation and I start school for my cosmetology/esthician license on June 26.

I ate HORRIBLE this weekend. I'm sure it could've been worse but I definitely exceeded my calorie limit. Saturday was a surprise party for my sister's 30th birthday which consisted of pizza, wings, and cheesecake. My brother-in-law and I cooked dinner last night for my sister(who is about to have a baby ANY day.. she has been 4 cm dilated since Friday morning) and my mom for mother's day. We made steaks, mashed potatoes, and fresh cut green beans. According to the scale I have gained about 10lbs since Friday morning. I know my sodium intake was horrendous and I was definitely not drinking my water. Weekends are such a downfall for me... how do you manage to keep on track when your schedule is completely different from the weekdays?

Daisy Boo - Congrats on the inches!

trnsfrmnreplace - I'm right with ya! Past couple days have been pretty blah for me as well. I haven't been to the gym all weekend.

britomart - Congrats on your weigh in!

junebug41 - I work out a lot at home - are you interested in doing cardio or weights?
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #9  

junebug -- I think places do definitely have an effect on how we feel about ourselves, which is then reflected in how we treat ourselves with eating and such. Glad your house is working out so well for you! As for DVDs, I've only tried TaeBo and Turbo Jam. of the two, I like Turbo Jam better, simply because some of the martial arts stuff in TaeBo hurts my hips.

stephie -- you must be superwoman your schedule is frightening, but you're dealing with it so well! I think I would have died by now! Just think of that welcome burn you feel in your thighs and abs after a run, and go for it!

Pilatesgirl -- what is Cozumel? Sounds fancy and like it'll be good motivation You can do it!

Nevaeh -- welcome to the chat thread Wow, your weekend sounds like my dream buffet.... I doubt you gained 10 actual pounds in two days, it'll be no time before you get that weight back off. Are you really excited about being an aunt any day?? That's so awesome! (With my sister, she had a planned induction, so it was more like... Okay, two days until the baby's born... okay, now it's gonna be tomorrow... No surprises there!)

I've had such a great eating day so far... I'm so proud of myself! I had shredded wheat and half a banana at breakfast, then a salad with some chicken and light dressing, and a little cottage cheese with fruit... More low-carb than usual (which is probably why I'm feeling a little sleepy right now), but it's been dang healthy.

Also, I tried the new V8 Fusion juice. I hate regular V8, but this stuff's good! I got the strawberry-banana blend. 8 oz. has a full serving of fruit and a full serving of veg. No added sugar, either! It's pretty thick so I only drink a tiny bit at a time, but it tastes good.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #10  
Living the Laguna life...

hi guys
this weekend was ok for me food-wise..i definitely went over my calorie intake but it was worth it -- two delicious dinners out on saturday and sunday. i had an engagement party saturday afternoon and instead of raiding the cheese and crackers, i filled up on fruits and veggies. i ate so many i felt bloated from all the water!!! but i will take that over a tummy ache from too much brie any day the weekends are so hard for me to count calories...i have been trying to just be reasonable about my eating and just following what my body is telling me. last night we went out to morton's (a great steakhouse) and i definitely ate a lot but i didn't feel sick afterwards because I had eaten too much. it sounds silly, but that's a big step for me!! i am sure you girls can understand. this week i am not traveling for work so i am home and loovvving it. i love being able to make my own food and eat what i want when i want, and knowing exactly what's in everything i put in my mouth! all in all, shaping up to be a great week i hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!

stephie -- i am totally flashing back to college reading your posts. i remember sometimes i would clean my room at 2 or 3 am to take a break from working. i would have a cup of coffee, put on my ipod, and get cleaning! maybe you could reserve some chores for a late night break?

stephanie -- i am so glad you are back! don't leave us!!

trns -- it sounds like you are just going through a funk...it happens to all of us...i hope you feel better soon!

daisy -- if i could marry my mp3 player, i would. i seriously dont know how people workout without one. i like to build playlists for certain runs...for example, i have it timed so that when i hit a big hill a really fun song will come on. i love it!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #11  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Jaime- I keep hearing about Turbo jam- may have to check that one out. This answers Nevaeh (I have to do "heaven" backwards when I type!) as well. I have some free weights, a stair stepper thingy and one of those strength pilates rings. I basically need a really good cardio program to do at home.

I think I just want to be at home all the time ors omething! Why not work out here? The other 'hood was awful- the apartment was nice, but the area was drug and crime infested. There was government housing across the street where people would deal crack through their windows (paying no mind to the cops) and our back alley was favored as a spot for prostitutes- male and female- to conduct business. In fact the morning we left, there was a murder in the same alley! Ahhhhh, the pleasures of downtown living.... Our new neigborhood is only 11 blocks north, but a world away. It's diverse, established, and next to a firehouse with very freindly (read: yummy) firemen
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #12  

Cozumel is an island of mexico
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #13  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Hello Everyone!

It's been a crazy past couple of weeks. Finals are over, and now I'm facing a move to a new & better apartment in less than two weeks. Yikes, then I start summer school soo...this is it for me as far as vacation goes.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I did so well last week working out and eating right, but that all went to **** this weekend. All I've eaten today is carbs! Woopsy!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:07 PM   #14  

Default my first chat post

Hello ladies! Well, I am new to 3FC all together (I posted an intro thread), and so far I love it. Everyone is great and so motivating (and motivated!) Quick question before I forget, what's this DH/OH etc.. business. I assume we are talking about a boyfriend, husband, significant other, etc, but what exactly does it stand for?

Well, I am holding stedy at 141 (I think), I refused to weigh myself this morning due to my late night chips and dip episode last night. I hate having crap in my house, but my boyfriend eats crap, and there just doesn't seem to be any way around it. I did manage to get a run in this weekend, so that was good. My boyfriend gave me a little "shopping spree" cash for my birthday, however, my goal is to be 139 before I embark on that little spree.

Daisy - so exciting about the iPod! I got a nano for Valentine's day from my beau, and it has revolutionized my motivation to go running

britomart - congrats on the 3 pounds! it's so hard to not let plateau's turn into downward spirals (at least for me). Keep it up!

junebug - i was reading around on the biggest loser thread, and those ladies swear by the Jillian Michaels (the woman trainer on the BL) DVD's. I do like her bootcamp attitude.

stephie - that schedule change sounds much more convenient, though 5am is waaayy early for me! ps - how exciting your a sports photographer. I have a part time job shooting for a sports photography company that has pretty much monopolized the youth sports in the jacksonville region. It's fun, as long as it's not an 8 hour shoot outside and it's 100 degrees outside!

nevaeh and spillthebeans - I hate weekends. I'm so weak (haha, I'm so punny!) during the weekends.
salvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #15  

salvi -- as far as I understand, DH = dear husband (DD = dear daughter, DS = dear son)..... FH I think is future husband (at least that's how I've been using it, I could be SO wrong! )...... OH I don't know (Though Daisy must, she uses that one a lot!).

Anything followed by H is some variety of significant husband type figure