General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 02:38 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default More beauty fun: RE: Nails

1. Do you have your own nails, or do you go to a salon for acrylic nails?

2. If you have your own nails, do you get regular manicures?

3. Have you ever had a salon pedicure?

My answers:

1. I have acrylic nails. I go every 2-3 weeks for fil-ins.

2. See #1

3. YES, and it is WONDERFUL! Since I live in Florida and wear sandals every day, I get regular pedicures, at least once a month.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

My answers:

1. I have my own nails.

2. I do my own manicures at home but treat myself twice a year to a salon.

3. I get salon pedicures once per month during the summer but do my own at home the rest of the time. They do feel amazing!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #3  

1. I have my own nails - how short or long I wear them varies.

2. I do not get regular manicures because I like doing it myself. It is one of those mindless tasks that keeps me occupied and everyone knows to leave me alone when I do it! On occasion, though, I do have a manicure as part of an overall spa package.

3. Same as number 2.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

Jen: I used to have acrylics...when people asked me if they were "mine" I'd say...yes...I paid for them, that makes them mine! BUT, then I had my son and, let's just say they became unsanitary with a baby in the house. So, to answer your questions:

1. My own at the moment, but I might get acrylics again someday!

2. No..the nail polish flakes off 'real' nails too easily and I'm a serious nail biter

3. Yes...it's a birthday tradition for me and my daughter to get pedicures for my birthday. It's FUN!!
Old 05-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #5  

1. I'm a nail biter, I've never worn acrylics.

2. I give up biting once a year or so, and have nicely manicured nails for a month or so, then something happens in my head and I bite them again. Sigh

3. I hate my toes and couldn't imagine someone else painting my nails! My little toenails fall out whenever I'm stressed!
Old 05-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I have acrylic nails - starting wearing them about a year ago and I love them! I do the American or French tips and love the look. I go every 2 weeks

I go every 2 weeks for acrylic nails.

for my 40th birthday my sister decided it was high time I had a pedicure so that was my birthday present. I can't really afford to do my nails and a pedicure so I do my own pedicures. I also stay in sandals or open toes in this heat down here. I do my toenails to match my American or French manicure and I have recently learned a new trick (the teen girls at church told me about this). I just buy a medium point white paint pen from Walmart (in the hobby and fabric department) and I use that to paint the tips white, and then I cover the whole nail with a good clear polish. It is much easier for me to get a nie white straight line with the pen and it works the same as white nail polish
Old 05-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #7  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

My answers:

1. I have my own right now and they are FINALLY growing long and strong. I have had acrylic and totally love them. I am really toying with the idea of getting them done again this summer.

2. No, I only got manicures when I had the acrylic nails.

3. Never had a pedicure before. My nail lady kept trying to talk me into one before my wedding, but I'm chicken. Especially after seeing a news special about infections that you can get from the foot bath. I am just not knowledgable to know what to look for in terms of safety.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:45 PM   #8  
Fat-be-gone

1. I love my nails. They are my own. There is too much maintenance for acrylic nails. I do get them on special occasions though.

2. I don't get regular manicures. I find that when I go get them done they break and tear easily. So I maintain them myself. And the salon's french manicures last only 2 days!!!

3. I love salon pedicures. so relaxing. i am so overdue for one too. but I usually do the pedicures myself. sometimes I just don't have the cash
Old 05-12-2006, 03:52 PM   #9  
hara hachi bu

Thumbs up Nails Survey

1. Do you have your own nails, or do you go to a salon for acrylic nails? I have my own nails. I've had fakes in the past, and kind-of enjoyed them, but I do so many activities that are hard on my nails that I don't bother with them any more (fix computers, gardening, art work).

2. If you have your own nails, do you get regular manicures? Nope. I use OPI's Nail Envy regularly, and occasionally throw some color on just for kicks.

3. Have you ever had a salon pedicure? Yes, and I get them way more often than I can justify the price for them. They feel just too good. I sometimes kid myself into thinking that doing one at home is worth it, but they're a lot of work.

On a semi-related topic, my coworker made a divine sugar scrub recently ... sugar, olive oil, and patchouli oil, I think that's it (google "sugar scrub recipe") ... and it's great on feet.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:04 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Have my own

Do myself--tried a manicure once and the guy commented that I had no hangnails and nice nails beds(?) and then proceeded to use the tools I guess they use on the normal procedure and I left with my nail beds bleeding--I don't usually paint my nails since I have a data entry job and the tips wear badly

My daughter and I go once a year as part of her birthday present--I always get the french tips--looks really good with sandals--the rest of the year I paint my toes wild colors that I would never use on my fingernails

Bath & Body Works has some great spa products--I use the foot scrub and the cracked heel creme on my feet
Old 05-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

1. Do you have your own nails, or do you go to a salon for acrylic nails? I have my own nails and I am very lucky because they look nice, are incredibly strong, and grow very fast -- I am constantly clipping and filing them.

2. If you have your own nails, do you get regular manicures? I do my own manicures, but never use polish because it peels off in a day. But I keep them and the cuticles well-groomed and buff the nails so they shine.

3. Have you ever had a salon pedicure? Oh, yes! Regularly. There is a small shop near my home that charges only $10! And everything is so clean and sterile, though I take my own polish (base, color, and top). So in warm weather I go every two weeks. In cold weather, I go once a month or do it myself.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #12  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I grow them myself. They're long and strong and are one of the few physical features about me that I actually like. I gesture with my hands a lot because I like the way they look!

Semi-regular. I'd love to go once a week, but that's just cost prohibitive. I'm not very good at doing them myself, so if it's not done professionally, I just let them go bare. Buffed and shaped, but bare.

Absolutely!!! I get about 4 a year. I'd do it monthly if it wasn't so expensive. I like my feet almost as much as I like my hands, especially now that I've found this kickin' foot cream. Expensive, but absolutely hands down the BEST I've ever used. No more cracked heels here!

Fun questions!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I get most of my nails at Home Depot ~~
Old 05-12-2006, 06:46 PM   #14  
Addicted to potato salad!

Gary: You're such a geek!!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #15  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY
I get most of my nails at Home Depot ~~
You know that there are alot of men though that get manicures..

1. Do you have your own nails, or do you go to a salon for acrylic nails? Acrylic and love them! Without nails I have the shortest stubbiest fingers....

2. If you have your own nails, do you get regular manicures? #1

3. Have you ever had a salon pedicure? I love pedicures, I try to get them at least once a month!
Closed Thread