Old 05-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Default Bit of a question...

Hi guys,

Bit of a random question...

I know undereating can slow down weightloss and I am wondering if thats whats happening with me at the moment. I'm not trying to lose much or very quickly but it just seems odd that I am losing nothing at all.

a typical days menu looks something like this

6:30am - 1/2 cup untoasted muesli with 150gms natural 1% homemade yoghurt (300 cal)
10:30am - 4 Rice cakes with vegemite and half a dozen toasted almonds (150)
12:00pm - homemade soup (leek & cannelini bean stew yesterday) (200)
3:30pm - Apple and half a dozen nuts (150)
7:00pm - Ratoullie with grilled Polenta cake (400)

Total - 1200 (The range is typically between that and 1400)

I usually run 4-5 days a week for 50 mins

I don't know whether I am putting muscle on from the running and losing fat or what lol. Clothes are a bit looser anyway and my butt is definitely tighter...I dunno...seems weird.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Lyria
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

the dreaded plateau

i don't think you are undereating - do you feel like you are depriving yourself?

short of cutting all carbs from your diet to see some change on the scale, perhaps try some different cardio. depending on how long you have been doing your current program, you may need to give your body a jump as it may have gotten too used to the food and exercise.

maybe do some swimming or cycling or take a kickboxing class. ideally you should get some resistance training in there too.

its a tough one. you have done great so far BTW
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #3  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

I read this artical on Slimbodycoach.com

Things You Can Do to Get
Past Your Plateau...

By Eric Ponicsan

So you’ve been working your rear off, you have been eating right, and you’ve finally made your exercise routine a habit. The weight has been melting away, and you have never been happier. Now all of a sudden you can’t seem to lose any more weight; you’ve reached the loathsome phenomenon called the plateau.

First you should start by congratulating yourself, without significant weight loss you would not be at a plateau. Plateaus are normal, natural occurrences, for anyone on a successful weight loss journey. You have made it this far, so take a minute and pat yourself on the back. You are making great changes in your life and should be commended for your efforts and success so far--Now Let’s Break This Plateau!

“Variety is the spice of life”. Nothing could be truer, even in the world of weight loss. Your body is great at adapting, so it will need a jump-start to break the plateau it has hit. Try changing both your exercises and the intensity at which you are performing each exercise. If you have been walking for 45 minutes each day, start power walking or jogging part of the way. If you have already been running you should try adding short sprints in with your run. Also, increase the amount of effort you are putting into each activity. Add more reps and more weight. In the end you want to be pushing yourself as much as you can.

Another great way to break your plateau is to switch the time you are eating the majority of your calories. If you currently eat most of the calories for your evening meal, switch this around so that most of your calories are consumed in the morning. This way your body has all day to burn the majority of the calories. You should not eat ANYTHING within 3 hours of going to bed.

Additionally, you may need to lower the amount of daily calories you are eating. As we lose weight, our body requires less fuel to run. Don’t forget to lower the calories as you become lighter. A good guide to follow is to take your current weight and multiply it by 8. This will give you a good guideline to follow. But never let your calories drop below 1100 daily.

Also, get some rest. As you exercise your body will break down, so naturally it will need time to rebuild. Studies show that people getting seven hours of sleep or more have less of a weight problem that those getting fewer than seven daily.

Finally, use supplements! We have a great variety of supplements that will boost your metabolism and help break your plateau. Each is designed differently so you can guarantee there is one that will work for you. Men will most benefit from SlimPath Burn and women have been achieving the best results with Slim Seduction. You can find the right supplement at www.global-nutrition.com. The supplements will not only boost your metabolism, but will also cut cravings and give you more energy so getting through your new high-intensity workout will be no problem at all.

You have already achieved great success in reaching your plateau. You have made great strides. Now it is time to make more. Never give up! Put the scale away and only weigh in once a week. If you're preoccupied with daily ups and downs, you are not viewing weight loss, but the loss and retention of bodily fluids. Stay focused and put your routine into high gear. You will get to the top of the mountain, but you must climb higher then the plateau to reach the top. All great things come with time and patience.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Just from glacing at your diet it looks like you aren't getting much protein in at all. That is definitely something you'll want to try and add, especially when putting on muscle!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote